Joe Mixon
64.79%
46 64.79%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Mixon or Dalvin Cook?
(04-28-2017, 03:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Defending himself from what?  She shoved him. He was in no danger.  And Christ, if you want to argue a physical response was necessary than shove her back.  Don't throw a God damn right cross.

What planet am I living on?  What video are you guys watching?  I don't know how you guys can act like that behavior ok.  It's honestly depressing.

DingDing ......yes.....so much yes.....or pimp hand slap the ho.....not a Mike Tyson on Trevor Burbick KO kill shot.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:13 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) Yes, I can. Did you have a point to this profound statement?

2.) I'm a ***** because I would boycott a business over something that I strongly disagree with?  I'm not sure I follow. Would I be a ***** if it came out that Kelloggs make Frosted Flakes with Bald Eagle and I decided to not eat their cereal?  Is that a ***** move?  Fwiw, I wouldn't boycott the team solely because of this, but because of a number of things.  Not that it really matters to my point though.

3.) How do you know it's instead of, rather than in addition to?  You don't what other causes I adopt or what other forums I participate in.  And the idea that I can't complain about something I find to be reprehensible because there are worse things is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard.  If I see or hear something that I disagree with, and I have an opportunity to share my opinion on it, then I will it.  It has as much to do with the forum as it does the issue itself.

I suspect that if I complained about the injustice that is favoritism Pittsburgh receive you'd have little to no issue. I wouldn't receive this lecture about what I can and can't be outraged by.  Hey, Pittsburgh sucks, valid complaint, right?  But now I complain about this and here comes the lazy and phony rebuttal about children starving in Africa.  I can share my opinion on the Denver Broncos O-Line, but I can't talk about this poor girl taking a haymaker to the face because of Syria.  You'll let me all day about that new free agent, which is worthy of my time but the minute I rip a player you like you'll become the champion for more meaningful causes.

What a joke.   Hilarious

Well draw your lines in the sand. I won't give you anymore so best of luck.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:44 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: I can agree with this.

The only thing I would say I disagree with is continue to punish someone if they are sincere in their apology.

I don't want Mixon either.  However, based on an article recently it sounds like he did in fact offer an apology to Molitor.

I don't believe in piling on.  He struck her, he was wrong for doing so.  He was wrong for harassing her and following her and threatening her. 

If he has acknowledged those things and strives to be a better person, then I will give him a chance.

However, if he continues with the lame excuses like, racism, she hit me first, feared for my life.  Then I don't want someone that is so scared of a young girl to be on my team that will have bigger men ready to hit him.

Playing Devil's Advocate here, but millions of dollars at stake can have a real effect on "sincerity".

Reply/Quote
Is it bad that I hope he gets drafted to see how this plays out on the boards all season? LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Says who?

Good point. Maybe he just has insane anger issues. We don't know why he reacted the way he did. But considering racism was right in the middle of it, I think there's a good chance that was the primary reason. I think the defending himself argument is weak. I think it was a reaction to racism. That is the only way I can rationalize it. If he was truly responding to just her little shove and slap, then he is a dangerous human being.

However, considering he hasn't really gotten in any real trouble since, I have a feeling it wasn't just "this guy gets hulk level angry at the slightest provocation." I feel like it has to be about racism.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:21 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I never realized how sensitive our fanbase is. I showed the Mixon video to my girlfriend who had been in an abusive relationship prior to me and she came to the same conclusion I did. He defended himself after the woman struck him first. To me he is the best talent at RB in the draft. He will be the pick if he is there.

Aaaahhhh, you're girlfriend is a blonde. Nice.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For those that want Mixon on the team, I have to wonder if you would feel the same if the girl who's face he broke was your wife/girlfriend, sister, mom, etc? 

Something tells me if that was the case, you wouldn't want Mixon anywhere near this team. Yet, because it's a girl that you don't know, or have any personal attachment to, it's viewed through a very different lens.

I just don't get how anyone who watched the full incident video and the police interviews can feel comfortable about drafting Mixon. 

This.  And everyone needs to realize that she is someone's daughter, sister, friend.  At some point an organization has to have some class or it's not something that I can promote.

(04-28-2017, 04:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I agree with this post more than any other in the thread. Yes it happened, yes it was despicable, yes he did respond to a 5 with a 100.

I also agree that this was 3 years ago and he's said and done the right things since.

I'm willing to give him a shot as a player...it's repeat offenders (like Pacman) that I think we should dump or avoid.

From what I understand, he has stayed out of trouble since.  I sincerely hope that he has gotten help, because otherwise there is a very good chance of something bad happening in the future.  Something is inside of him that needs fixed.

Do I believe he should be banned from the league?  No, I actually don't. I just don't want him on the team that I support.  Especially when you throw in the Pacman Jones' and Chris Henry's of the world.  Ironically though, guys like that are why I feel there is a good shot of him coming to Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
Just stop guys. It's a divisive issue, it would be divisive pick.

The team is going with Lamp or McDowell anyway.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I couldn't care less about that parking ticket. I may have ripped it up too.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Didn't know that one. Possible serious anger issues? On a team that already has Pacman and his anger issues?

He was given a citation by university parking attendant. He threw it in their face. Stoops suspended him for the next game and that was it for that incident.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Good point. Maybe he just has insane anger issues. We don't know why he reacted the way he did. But considering racism was right in the middle of it, I think there's a good chance that was the primary reason. I think the defending himself argument is weak. I think it was a reaction to racism. That is the only way I can rationalize it. If he was truly responding to just her little shove and slap, then he is a dangerous human being.

However, considering he hasn't really gotten in any real trouble since, I have a feeling it wasn't just "this guy gets hulk level angry at the slightest provocation." I feel like it has to be about racism.

I wonder what New kind of Racism Mixon would experience if he turned Green like the HULK and stayed Green.

That would put an interesting new twist on things...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:15 PM)Okeana Wrote: please watch my previous post and watch the video at .25 speed.  Should he have followed them in maybe not.  Ive heard plenty of accounts that she and her friends said something to him outside because they had thought he said something when it was actually his friends.  He went in to confront the guy because he didn't like to be called out by a gay man.  At no point during the conversation at the table did I see him say anything to or even look at her.  She just stuck up for her friend.

I've watched the video many times, and I suggest you watch it again. At around the 20 second mark, he is looking directly at her and does say something...then he turns to the friend. 

He could have chosen not to follow them.
He could have chosen not to confront them.
He could have chosen not to put his draft stock in jeopardy.

Instead, he chose the Pacman route. 
Reply/Quote
IF Joe Mixon played for the Stoolers.....what would everyone's stance be on him?  Be honest.....

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: IF Joe Mixon played for the Stoolers.....what would everyone's stance be on him?  Be honest.....

I'd be pissed having to play against him twice a year, if he lives up to his potential.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'd be pissed having to play against him twice a year, if he lives up to his potential.  

Besides the obvious.....we got on here and rail about Jerry Porter and his thuggish behavior....we talk about their dirty play, and Pig Pen being a rapist.....but here, on this thread, we have people sticking up for a guy that knocked the cornbread hell out of a petite white chick, and he doesn't even play for our team!

#perspective

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For those that want Mixon on the team, I have to wonder if you would feel the same if the girl who's face he broke was your wife/girlfriend, sister, mom, etc? 

Something tells me if that was the case, you wouldn't want Mixon anywhere near this team. Yet, because it's a girl that you don't know, or have any personal attachment to, it's viewed through a very different lens.

I just don't get how anyone who watched the full incident video and the police interviews can feel comfortable about drafting Mixon. 

I have 3 daughters and 5 granddaughters so yes I know I would handle things my way (personally) if someone assaulted one of them. But, I also taught my kids to  never provoke anything, never start anything or every lay their hands on anyone first. So, in the spirit of your post, I would pissed at both my daughter for slapping and pushing someone starting the altercation physically and pissed the guy went from 10 to 100 in a few seconds.

But this moral debate can get tiresome as things you or others find intolerable, I may find tolerable and vice versa. I don't see people go off on anyone convicted of a DUI for example. You see, I find that 10 times worse than a guy punching a woman with 1 vicious strike. I will argue this due to the fact I lost one of my best friends who while sitting next to me died at the age of 15 as a result of a 4th time drunk driver. Mike died and 4 of us spent weeks and in some cases months recovering from physical injuries. The nightmares and the mental abuse we suffered is a part of our lives forever. None us ever recovered form the trauma cause by a drunk driver.

Both are acts that could kill or harm someone, but one used a 3500 LB. vehicle as the weapon, one used a fist. One the person recovered in time the other 1 dead and 4 scarred for life. Yet, I don'y hear the outcry to ban guys convicted of a DUI and no it does not matter if they killed anyone, they could have. Those who drive drunk and get away with it are as big a criminal as this 18 year old who did something outrageous, yet no outcry because like you said most have never lost a loved one, a great friend to a drunk driver so to those, it is not that big a deal. To me, a drunk driver is the lowest of life and my opinion will never change. I don't have to respect or be a friend to a Bengal's player so I have no skin in their personal lives so it is easy for me to separate the 2 because the hatred I have inside for drink drivers in the end would destroy me if I let it, I won't.

We are all responsible for our actions and I am in know way arguing this act by Mixon is not despicable, but many acts are despicable, yet crickets on those by some.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've watched the video many time, and I suggest you watch it again. At the 20 mark, he is looking directly at her and does say something...then he turns to the friend. 

He could have chosen not to follow them.
He could have chosen not to confront them.
He could have chosen not to put his draft stock in jeopardy.

Instead, he chose the Pacman route. 

He chose poorly. He made a mistake. He knows that. He suffered consequences. He apologized. The girl accepted said apology. He has not done anything remotely like that since. If he is drafted by the bengals, so be it.in the future, First and foremost, Continue to stay out of trouble. Then score td's.win games. Period.

Holding something against someone forever is short-sighted and wrong.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:16 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Wasn't the parking ticket incident a while ago?

It doesnt matter. He was young and a college kid. Slugging a girl in her face & throwing a tirade for a parking ticket is something all kids do at some point. Now that he has matured into an adult thanks to OU's football program, those days are definitely behind him. Because once again, he was just young and dumb like we all were.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Besides the obvious.....we got on here and rail about Jerry Porter and his thuggish behavior....we talk about their dirty play, and Pig Pen being a rapist.....but here, on this thread, we have people sticking up for a guy that knocked the cornbread hell out of a petite white chick, and he doesn't even play for our team!

#perspective

Imagine if Pacman played for Pittsburgh.  He would be ridiculed as the biggest piece of human trash to ever walk the planet.  Yet every time he gets in trouble there is a chorus line of people ready to stand up for him.

And yes, if there were reports that Pittsburgh was interested in Mixon, it would be "Steelers are thugs and criminals, he'll fit right in".
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:35 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Wrong.... Wrong.... Wrong....

Mixon made sexual advances toward her, and she didn't care much for his "Muh Dik".  After that he followed her and harassed her and her friends.

However, an article came out recently had her stating that he apologized and that she has accepted it and they both want to move past it.

Based off of that new information, I would take Mixon over Cook every day of the week.  A sincere apology is all that any person could ask for from him.  Sounds like he made it.

The only reason I didn't want him before was due to his handlers attempt to deflect blame of what he did to making it sound like he was defending himself from a racist white person.  It was was disgusting as to how they knew people would side with him, like you, just by calling her a racist. 

Even in the video that shows her hitting him.  He walks in and goes to her booth, blocking her exit.  After the multiple harassment, and him clearly blocking her escape at what point does she get to become physical?  He could have left at any time, chose not to. 

That was part of a civil suit out of court settlement.

That means Mixon agreed to issue a public apology written by his lawyers and a monetary settlement which will probably pay for Molitor to attend grad school. Molitor agreed to release a statement written by her lawyers publicly accepting the apology Mixon's lawyers wrote for him and drop the civil suit in exchange for money.

This agreement helps both parties. Mixon looks like less of a dick and teams and fans can feel better about the pick. Molitor gets a settlement which probably eliminates her student debt and pays for grad school.
Reply/Quote