Joe Mixon
64.79%
46 64.79%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Mixon or Dalvin Cook?
(04-28-2017, 03:01 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: But would you hit her?

If I was in physical danger, then it's very possible.  If I'm getting my face caved in and she's not stopping then I might have to.

Do you think that's a comparable situation?  A 38 year old man getting pummeled by a roided up, elite MMA fighter, to a drunk college teenager shoving a D1 athlete in the chest?

Are you so desperate to make your case this is the best analogies that some of you can come up with?  Your desperation and absurdity only proves what a weak case you have.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If I was in physical danger, then it's very possible.  If I'm getting my face caved in and she's not stopping then I might have to.

Do you think that's a comparable situation?  A 38 year old man getting pummeled by a roided up, elite MMA fighter, to a drunk college teenager shoving a D1 athlete in the chest?

Are you so desperate to make your case this is the best analogies that some of you can come up with?  Your desperation and absurdity only proves what a weak case you have.

Calm down. I simply asked a question, farty McGee.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:10 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Calm down. I simply asked a question, farty McGee.

A loaded question, with a clear intention. Don't play ignorant, it's unbecoming.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: A loaded question, with a clear intention. Don't play ignorant, it's unbecoming.

And you answered accordingly. Now I know the type of person you are. You're officially off of my draft board.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If I was in physical danger, then it's very possible.  If I'm getting my face caved in and she's not stopping then I might have to.

I don't think anyone is defending what Mixon did, Im sure not. The guys is a horrible person for doing what he did. And I'm definitely not comparing getting your ass kicked by Cris Cyborg to what that girl did to Mixon, they are not even closely comparable. I was just showing the absurdity of absolute statements people were saying. That's all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I never realized how sensitive our fanbase is. I showed the Mixon video to my girlfriend who had been in an abusive relationship prior to me and she came to the same conclusion I did. He defended himself after the woman struck him first. To me he is the best talent at RB in the draft. He will be the pick if he is there.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:21 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I never realized how sensitive our fanbase is. I showed the Mixon video to my girlfriend who had been in an abusive relationship prior to me and she came to the same conclusion I did. He defended himself after the woman struck him first. To me he is the best talent at RB in the draft. He will be the pick if he is there.

My wife in HR said something similar when I showed her the video. Said both were at fault to how the end result came about.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don't know how anyone can see that video and think that's ok. I don't know how anyone could try and defend the behavior. Best (or worst) case, maybe you try to claim he's can become a better person, or maybe you just don't care about character off the field, on the field. At least that's honest. But to pretend like this guy isn't a complete scumbag for doing that, c'mon. Spare me.

You know it was a disgusting act, I know it was a disgusting act. We all know. Let's not all pretend like it was something it wasn't. Some people care more about on the field results than having a decent human beings representing their city and team. And that's their choice, which is ok, but just be honest about it. And some fans allow their love of their team to cloud their judgement. They will support or excuse behaviors surrounding their team that they normally wouldn't in real life. Hey, it happens.

But don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. Don't pretend like you can watch that video and think that's an acceptable response. And if for some reason, you truly watch that and think "That ***** had it coming" then I feel sorry for you, and even more for those who have the misfortune of being around you.

What I find somewhat amusing is how much some are surprised that their are fans who are against this scumbag entering the league. This after Ray Rice was essentially blackballed from the league. Like it's a surprise that this shit is frowned upon.

In 2017 people boycott businesses over the dumbest things. Spandex pants only go up to certain size = fat shaming, public outcry. Chic Fil-a CEO personal political beliefs (not company's) don't coincide with that of the most vocal = outrage. Pepsi makes a stupid commercial, etc, etc. People go bananas every day over the smallest, most stupid things. Many times their offended on behalf of people who aren't offended.

Yet despite all of this, which we've all seen, people openly mock those who claim they will pull support from a business who employees someone who knocked out a teenage girl in the middle of a public establishment. To the point of her needing 8 hours of surgery. Things like Youtube comments split many times down the middle on this event.

Cheerios only has one Asian in the commercial and they used a gender pronoun!!! Burn them at the stake. I understand the boycott. Guy knock a girl out cold for shoving him, what's the big deal? I mean, WTF is wrong with 2017? If you want something to be truly upset about, let the league know this isn't ok.

Keep this piece of human garbage off our team!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:28 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: What about decking a racist that was intentionally antagonizing, pushing, grabbing and yelling at you?

I'm not one to ever say violence is the answer to anything, whether its man on man, man on woman or whatever.

I'm just tired of people acting like this girl was some helpless victim that Mixon just walked up to and attacked. She started the shit but, obviously, was incapable of ending it. If she had known that prior to calling him the N Word, pushing on him and yelling in his face over and over again, maybe her jaw would have never been dislodged.

As a culture, we really need to stop treating women like they should not be held responsible for their aggression. She should have been arrested, but she was, literally, too weak to do the damage to him that she clearly wanted to.

He didn't have that problem.

Don't start none, won't be none.

do I think he should have hit her? No.

But I don't think he's a disgusting human being for disposing of another disgusting human being in the manner that he saw most fit.

Wrong.... Wrong.... Wrong....

Mixon made sexual advances toward her, and she didn't care much for his "Muh Dik".  After that he followed her and harassed her and her friends.

However, an article came out recently had her stating that he apologized and that she has accepted it and they both want to move past it.

Based off of that new information, I would take Mixon over Cook every day of the week.  A sincere apology is all that any person could ask for from him.  Sounds like he made it.

The only reason I didn't want him before was due to his handlers attempt to deflect blame of what he did to making it sound like he was defending himself from a racist white person.  It was was disgusting as to how they knew people would side with him, like you, just by calling her a racist. 

Even in the video that shows her hitting him.  He walks in and goes to her booth, blocking her exit.  After the multiple harassment, and him clearly blocking her escape at what point does she get to become physical?  He could have left at any time, chose not to. 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:16 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think he called her friend something homophobic. And, in her mind, that gave her permission to be racist.

I know I will be in the minority in this (and I am white, for the record), but the level of "under the radar" racism I see on a daily basis is staggering. I once had a friend in college who said he is happy for me and my wife (who is black) who, at the time was my girlfriend, and said "I'm glad you guys are happy, but I just don't get it. It doesn't make any sense to me. I could never date a black woman."

I've also heard white people say my wife is "so articulate." Like, they saw the color of her skin and assumed she was an idiot who couldn't speak well.

I've seen white people look confused at us and I've seen white people ask me "So, how did that happen?" referencing my wife.

None of these people said the N Word or anything outright racist but you could tell, from what they said, what they were thinking. And they had extremely racist thoughts.

There are millions of white people in America who are secretly racist as ****. (for the record, I'm not saying other races aren't racist.)

So when I hear a white woman reportedly calling a black person the N word and the defense is "Well, maybe she said it because he said something homophobic" all that tells me is that she has been repressing or rephrasing her racist thoughts and opinions for years. And the second she saw, in her eyes, a justifiable reason to be outwardly racist, she jumped on it as fast as she could.

Those people are the true scum of this world. Not the people who respond irrationally to such hatred.

I'm not saying he was right for doing what he did. But I understand the vitriol that would come from witnessing racism. It is a toxin in this country and she let it out.

Now, obviously, this is just based on witness accounts that the N word was said. If this were false or revealed to be fake, then I completely retract any kind of support for Mixon in this scenario.

Look I respect what your saying and I'm probably the most pro mixon guy on these boards.  I have had these discussions for months.  That said I don't believe race has anything to do with this.  Just addressing the N word is kinda played out at this point.  You know how many times ive been called corn bread or cracker when I get a verbal altercation its pretty ridiculous.  I think its simply a word that some people use when they get mad they focus on differences.  I truly cannot believe that this chick is some true racist.  It doesn't give you the right to blast someone and its better to just walk away from ignorance.

With all that said she came at him while he was walking away after possibly saying something ignorant himself.  She attacked him first and from that point the cards are off the table because a line has been crossed.  No i don't care if she can't properly defend herself or she's a woman.  If you use ignorance as justification for violence than Mixon should have been beaten by the cops in jail, but they handled the situation professionally and the ignorance ended there.

This situation ultimately boils down to two kids being ignorant and over reacting by both parties.  He just happens to be physically stronger so now he has to pay that social tax and apologize to everyone he meets for the rest of his life because the soap boxers can't let anything go.  I think he learned his lesson and he doesn't hang around gang members so draft Mixon and get IMO the best running back in the draft.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:21 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I never realized how sensitive our fanbase is. I showed the Mixon video to my girlfriend who had been in an abusive relationship prior to me and she came to the same conclusion I did. He defended himself after the woman struck him first.

Defending himself from what?  She shoved him. He was in no danger.  And Christ, if you want to argue a physical response was necessary than shove her back.  Don't throw a God damn right cross.

What planet am I living on?  What video are you guys watching?  I don't know how you guys can act like that behavior ok.  It's honestly depressing.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:34 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I don't know how anyone can see that video and think that's ok. I don't know how anyone could try and defend the behavior. Best (or worst) case, maybe you try to claim he's can become a better person, or maybe you just don't care about character off the field, on the field.  At least that's honest.  But to pretend like this guy isn't a complete scumbag for doing that, c'mon. Spare me.

You know it was a disgusting act, I know it was a disgusting act. We all know. Let's not all pretend like it was something it wasn't. Some people care more about on the field results than having a decent human beings representing their city and team. And that's their choice, which is ok, but just be honest about it.  And some fans allow their love of their team to cloud their judgement. They will support or excuse behaviors surrounding their team that they normally wouldn't in real life.  Hey, it happens.

But don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. Don't pretend like you can watch that video and think that's an acceptable response. And if for some reason, you truly watch that and think "That ***** had it coming" then I feel sorry for you, and even more for those who have the misfortune of being around you.

What I find somewhat amusing is how much some are surprised that their are fans who are against this scumbag entering the league. This after Ray Rice was essentially blackballed from the league. Like it's a surprise that this shit is frowned upon.

In 2017 people boycott businesses over the dumbest things. Spandex pants only go up to certain size = fat shaming, public outcry. Chic Fil-a CEO personal political beliefs (not company's) don't coincide with that of the most vocal = outrage. Pepsi makes a stupid commercial, etc, etc.  People go bananas every day over the smallest, most stupid things. Many times their offended on behalf of people who aren't offended.

Yet despite all of this, which we've all seen, people openly mock those who claim they will pull support from a business who employees someone who knocked out a teenage girl in the middle of a public establishment.  To the point of her needing 8 hours of surgery.  Things like Youtube comments split many times down the middle on this event.

Cheerios only has one Asian in the commercial and they used a gender pronoun!!! Burn them at the stake. I understand the boycott. Guy knock a girl out cold for shoving him, what's the big deal?   I mean, WTF is wrong with 2017?  If you want something to be truly upset about, let the league know this isn't ok.

Look you can write 10 paragraphs about how outraged you are.

You can threaten to take your ball and go home if they draft the guy.  which btw is something that a true 100% ***** would say.

The fact you will take a moral stance on some kid that punched a girl who was attacking him instead of the millions of other travesties that happen every day is total lunacy.  Use your time to promote prison reform or people being exterminated in syria and let this go you will be much happier. 

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:34 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I don't know how anyone can see that video and think that's ok. I don't know how anyone could try and defend the behavior. Best (or worst) case, maybe you try to claim he's can become a better person, or maybe you just don't care about character off the field, on the field.  At least that's honest.  But to pretend like this guy isn't a complete scumbag for doing that, c'mon. Spare me.

You know it was a disgusting act, I know it was a disgusting act. We all know. Let's not all pretend like it was something it wasn't. Some people care more about on the field results than having a decent human beings representing their city and team. And that's their choice, which is ok, but just be honest about it.  And some fans allow their love of their team to cloud their judgement. They will support or excuse behaviors surrounding their team that they normally wouldn't in real life.  Hey, it happens.

In 2017 people boycott businesses over the dumbest things. Spandex pants only go up to certain size = fat shaming, public outcry. Chic Fil-a CEO personal political beliefs (not company's) don't coincide with that of the most vocal = outrage. Pepsi makes a stupid commercial, etc, etc.  People go bananas every day over the smallest, most stupid things. Many times their offended on behalf of people who aren't offended.

Yet despite all of this, which we've all seen, people openly mock those who claim they will pull support from a business who employees someone who knocked out a teenage girl in the middle of a public establishment.  To the point of her needing 8 hours of surgery.  Things like Youtube comments split many times down the middle on this event.

Cheerios only has one Asian in the commercial and they used a gender pronoun!!! Burn them at the stake. I understand the boycott. Guy knock a girl out cold for shoving him, what's the big deal?   I mean, WTF is wrong with 2017?  If you want something to be truly upset about, let the league know this isn't ok.

I can agree with this.

The only thing I would say I disagree with is continue to punish someone if they are sincere in their apology.

I don't want Mixon either.  However, based on an article recently it sounds like he did in fact offer an apology to Molitor.

I don't believe in piling on.  He struck her, he was wrong for doing so.  He was wrong for harassing her and following her and threatening her. 

If he has acknowledged those things and strives to be a better person, then I will give him a chance.

However, if he continues with the lame excuses like, racism, she hit me first, feared for my life.  Then I don't want someone that is so scared of a young girl to be on my team that will have bigger men ready to hit him.
Reply/Quote
Look. His reaction was not proportionate to her action. Hell, if a man shoves me in a bar, I'm more inclined to shove back before throwing fists. There's a reasonable scale of escalation to consider here.

She shoved him. He gives her a right cross to the face. She made contact with him first, sure, but to say her action justified a full-force punch is flatly absurd. He went from 5 to 100.

Believe it or not, you can condemn what he did and still recognize that both parties have since resolved their dispute amicably and this is all water under the bridge. You don't have to justify, defend, or make excuses for what he did in order to be comfortable with taking him. What he did sucks. Everything that came afterward was right.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So for you bengals can only draft players that have made no mistakes up till draft day

Do you have any idea the level of ignorance in this question?  "Players that have made no mistakes"... there are levels of mistakes that a person can make.  Someone can get in trouble for underage drinking.  That is a mistake.  They can get in trouble for smoking pot.  That is a mistake.  Then there is the other side of the spectrum with things like assault, like rape.  "Mistake" is a pretty wide ranging word, I think you need to be a little more specific in the future.

Random question for everyone who defends Pacman, who would defend the pick.  How do you think guys like Green and Dalton feel about these situations.  Guys who by all accounts do everything right.  People who go out of their way to not only be good football players, but also good people. You honestly think they are happy about the association?
Reply/Quote
Not to be holier than though, because that I am not....but didn't Jesus say something along the lines of not to forgive 7 times but up to 77 times. Taking that for what it's worth, who has the problem here?

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:44 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: I can agree with this.

The only thing I would say I disagree with is continue to punish someone if they are sincere in their apology.

I don't want Mixon either.  However, based on an article recently it sounds like he did in fact offer an apology to Molitor.

I don't believe in piling on.  He struck her, he was wrong for doing so.  He was wrong for harassing her and following her and threatening her. 

If he has acknowledged those things and strives to be a better person, then I will give him a chance.

However, if he continues with the lame excuses like, racism, she hit me first, feared for my life.  Then I don't want someone that is so scared of a young girl to be on my team that will have bigger men ready to hit him.

HE didn't follow her.  He was talking to her male friend.  and he didn't Threaten her.  He never said a single word to her until she lunged at him.  Watch the tape closely because your spouting false information.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:48 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Not to be holier than though, because that I am not....but didn't Jesus say something along the lines of not to forgive 7 times but up to 77 times. Taking that for what it's worth, who has the problem here?

Exactly.  Life goes on and everyone but mantooth has moved on.  

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: Look you can write 10 paragraphs about how outraged you are.

You can threaten to take your ball and go home if they draft the guy.  which btw is something that a true 100% ***** would say.

The fact you will take a moral stance on some kid that punched a girl who was attacking him instead of the millions of other travesties that happen every day is total lunacy.  Use your time to promote prison reform or people being exterminated in syria and let this go you will be much happier. 

How do you know he doesn't work on behalf of prison reform, Syrian refugees, or any of 1000 other causes.  And it's not about "taking your ball and going home".  It is about no longer supporting an organization that does not reflect or embrace the ideals and morals that you yourself hold.  It is really not a difficult concept to understand.
Reply/Quote
Neither.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote