Joe Mixon
64.79%
46 64.79%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Mixon or Dalvin Cook?
(04-28-2017, 02:32 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You really call what he did "defending himself"?  You can come up with every possible hypothetical situation to try to justify it, but what he did is wrong.  Anyone who wants to can continue to root for this franchise, which has certainly had its share of thugs and criminals, but I said weeks ago that Mixon would be the last straw.  Pacman almost has me there, but combine Mixon and its too much.

You all can come up with excuses for a tired old man with little football knowledge taking yet another thug, but I will feel quite fine moving on.

So for you bengals can only draft players that have made no mistakes up till draft day
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What will be interesting to see is the reaction of the media if a team like Green Bay takes Mixon.

If the Bengals do it, then it is the same old same old "Bengals don't care about character issues" statement.

However, the Pack are interested and if they take him, will it be that they don't care about character issues or will it become a different story about "Mixon served his punishment and Green Bay is giving him a second chance"

......be interesting to see how it's handled, no doubt.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:22 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Just until he starts scoring td's and making a difference turning losses into wins.

Well, nothing makes fans more forgiving than performing on the field.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:28 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Just warning you, If all three are there and they take kamara, color me surprised.

How would you describe that color? Just curious Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:22 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Just until he starts scoring td's and making a difference turning losses into wins.

If the Bengals don't have a top-10 offense with AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, John Ross, Giovani Bernard, Joe Mixon/Dalvin Cook/Alvin Kamara, time for even the organization to start pointing the finger right at Ken Zampese. No excuses.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: How would you describe that color? Just curious Smirk

Surprise yellow...it's in the crayola 64 box. You know, the one with the sharpener in the back?

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Do you really believe this?  Honest question.  Do you buy his exact version of the events, and if so, why exactly?  What are you seeing, either in the video or in the various reports, that is causing you to choose his side over both hers, or something in between?

I would love a response.  I'm generally curious if, after seeing the video and reading everything, if this is the honest to God conclusion you've arrived at.

See, I think it's very, very doubtful that a college aged female in 2017 is publicly a racist, to the point of antagonizing a person of color in a public setting.  I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that it's unlikely.  Just for the sake conversation, I'd guess that less than 25% of while woman that age vocally share a racist thought out loud, to anyone.  And the number that would to a black man's face, in a public setting none the less, gotta be less than 1%, and more likely less than .01%. 

I mean, I just don't think there's that many publicly racist teenage white women on college campuses.  I could be wrong, and the numbers and percentages are meaningless, other than for me to try to prove my point.  Which again, is that I find unlikely a girl this age shares those opinions or uses that language in a public setting. Unprovoked nonetheless.

But lets say you do make that argument, that it does happen, and it most likely was the gasoline that started this fire.  How likely is it that a college aged female, WHO IS OUT WITH HER GAY FRIEND, is the type to exhibit this type of behavior?  A young teenage girl in 2017, just out with her gay buddy, dropping the N bomb.  It's becoming less and less likely

But wait, there's more. He claimed the gay friend also used a slur.  In fact, he turned the table and said it.  Keep in mind, the video later showed there were at least two black people sitting at the table.  So a gay kid, turned to a table of black people, and called this guy the N word?  That's his version of the events.  A 20 year homosexual college student, in 2017, turned to a table of black people and dropped the N bomb, describing another black person, not two feet away.  You buy that?

Watch the video.  Tooti Fruity almost immediately turns away from Mixon and then later actually physically moves away from him. Sure looks like someone who either feels threatened, or is trying to to remove themselves from the situation. He appears to want no part of the situation.

She isn't even looking at him at first, and clearly they initially walked away. He followed. Yet you claim they were intentionally antagonizing him?  Why? What facts do you have to support this?  The evidence seems to point to the contrary.

The sad thing is that we even need to break this down. It really doesn't matter.  She was no physical threat to him. The idea that she clearly intended or wished to do more damage to him, as you just said, is absolutely ridiculous.  Get the **** outta here with that. Push her off, file a report, leave the room, something. Anything other than throw a haymaker. His safety was never in question. She shoved him.

You know, I'm just going to stop here. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. You and everyone who goes out of their way to defend this.  This is an absolute joke of a take.

Anyone with a brain sees it for what it is. This guy is a scumbag who knocked a girl unconscious for no warranted reason.  None. And he played the race card, because he had no other defense.  Regardless, there isn't single reason, no matter what happened, that her behavior warranted that response. And it's disgusting to pretend there is.

She, nor her friend denied his allegations. She has an arrest record herself and, despite the done up photos making her look like one, is no angel.

Not sure if your description of the events are accurate. If I recall, Mixon's friend said something to the girl hitting on her outside the shop and the gay friend started talking %#&* at them and dripped the N word (don't act like gay people can't talk #$@&) and Mixon's friend and the guy got huffy at each other. Mixon went in to talk to the girl and smooth it over and she was wasted and pushed/hit him. He then popped her. She also admitted to be wasted and "not remembering" what was actually said outside.

That doesn't mean she deserves to get punched or hurt. But I'm not going to go blast a guy for the incident from 2014, when some of the facts of it are dodgy on the victim's side. She got the wrong end of something she didn't exactly deserve, but she isn't some innocent bystander sitting around drinking coffee and this guy just came up and assaulted her out of left field.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:09 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The woman made a racist remark

Where are you getting this?  I would like to know what leads you to believe this is what indeed happened. A link would be great, but I suspect I won't get any response at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals don't have a top-10 offense with AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, John Ross, Giovani Bernard, Joe Mixon/Dalvin Cook/Alvin Kamara, time for even the organization to start pointing the finger right at Ken Zampese. No excuses.

I can get on board with that. I think zampese has a good year this year though. Year two is usually when things clock under new coordinators.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:32 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You really call what he did "defending himself"?  You can come up with every possible hypothetical situation to try to justify it, but what he did is wrong.  Anyone who wants to can continue to root for this franchise, which has certainly had its share of thugs and criminals, but I said weeks ago that Mixon would be the last straw.  Pacman almost has me there, but combine Mixon and its too much.

You all can come up with excuses for a tired old man with little football knowledge taking yet another thug, but I will feel quite fine moving on.

Not talking about or comparing the Mixon situation. Just a general Question to you. I just have a problem with absolute statements like: It is NEVER ok to hit a woman......Uhhhh, that statement is absurd. If a woman attacks me with a weapon or is physically threatening my life....I'm hitting her. And I know a few women who could crush most men in a physical altercation.

It seems it is more of a weak vs strong or capable vs incapable view rather than just man vs woman. Obviously Mixon's situation was not threatening to him and he was wrong to do what he did. I would think most people would agree with that.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:16 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think he called her friend something homophobic. And, in her mind, that gave her permission to be racist.

I know I will be in the minority in this (and I am white, for the record), but the level of "under the radar" racism I see on a daily basis is staggering. I once had a friend in college who said he is happy for me and my wife (who is black) who, at the time was my girlfriend, and said "I'm glad you guys are happy, but I just don't get it. It doesn't make any sense to me. I could never date a black woman."

I've also heard white people say my wife is "so articulate." Like, they saw the color of her skin and assumed she was an idiot who couldn't speak well.

I've seen white people look confused at us and I've seen white people ask me "So, how did that happen?" referencing my wife.

None of these people said the N Word or anything outright racist but you could tell, from what they said, what they were thinking. And they had extremely racist thoughts.

There are millions of white people in America who are secretly racist as ****. (for the record, I'm not saying other races aren't racist.)

So when I hear a white woman reportedly calling a black person the N word and the defense is "Well, maybe she said it because he said something homophobic" all that tells me is that she has been repressing or rephrasing her racist thoughts and opinions for years. And the second she saw, in her eyes, a justifiable reason to be outwardly racist, she jumped on it as fast as she could.

Those people are the true scum of this world. Not the people who respond irrationally to such hatred.

I'm not saying he was right for doing what he did. But I understand the vitriol that would come from witnessing racism. It is a toxin in this country and she let it out.

Now, obviously, this is just based on witness accounts that the N word was said. If this were false or revealed to be fake, then I completely retract any kind of support for Mixon in this scenario.

To each their own, but I don't buy it for one second. A young girl and her limp wristed friend just casually dropping the n-bomb to a black person's face, while surrounded by their black friends, all completely unprovoked.  Doesn't seem too likely.

And even if they did, even if she was just waiting and you say, for an excuse to use it, what does that have to do with his response. Language used, and the situation leading up to it, is pretty much irrelevant.  To warrant that type of response you're going to need a lot more of a reason than being called the n word.

I wonder what would happen if a white player was called a cracker, then shoved by a black female, and he knocked her out what the response would be.  I somehow suspect it wouldn't be as forgiving.

Where did you see the witness accounts? I'd be curious to read them. I've only seen the video and read a few ESPN articles.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:32 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yes...?

(04-28-2017, 02:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......be interesting to see how it's handled, no doubt.

I can see it now, Joe Mixon next to Rogers in the new discount double check commercials talking about not double checking his criminal back-ground.  Hilarious

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: To each their own, but I don't buy it for one second. A young girl and her limp wristed friend just casually dropping the n-bomb to a black person's face, while surrounded by their black friends, all completely unprovoked.  Doesn't seem too likely.

And even if they did, even if she was just waiting and you say, for an excuse to use it, what does that have to do with his response. Language used, and the situation leading up to it, is pretty much irrelevant.  To warrant that type of response you're going to need a lot more of a reason than being called the n word.

I wonder what would happen if a white player was called a cracker, then shoved by a black female, and he knocked her out what the response would be.  I somehow suspect it wouldn't be as forgiving.

Where did you see the witness accounts? I'd be curious to read them. I've only seen the video and read a few ESPN articles.

Google it real quick and read the statements by her and others. believe it. Both sides were dumb, young college kids being idiots.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:12 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Curious, if Cris Cyborg was smacking you around if you would defend yourself......?

I don't know, do you think an anonymous message board being attacked by an level women's MMA fighter is akin to a 100 pound girl shoving a D1 football player in the chest?

See, this is what leads me to believe this is such a ridiculous argument.  Look at the lengths you have to go to try to rationalize it.  Do you honestly believe being half ass shoved by a drunk college girl is similar to that of being attacked by a PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED, ELITE women's fighter?  Do you think the reaction and physical response is similar.  Do you really?

Man, I hope a chick never playfully flirts with you.  She might end up with a broken nose. Can't be too careful.  A girl playfully punching your arm can really seem like Chya coming down from the top rope, with a taser and brass knucks, given the right circumstances. Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:59 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I don't know, do you think an anonymous message board being attacked by an level women's MMA fighter is akin to a 100 pound girl shoving a D1 football player in the chest?

See, this is what leads me to believe this is such a ridiculous argument.  Look at the lengths you have to go to try to rationalize it.  Do you honestly believe being half ass shoved by a drunk college girl is similar to that of being attacked by a PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED, ELITE women's fighter?  Do you think the reaction and physical response is similar.  Do you really?

Man, I hope a chick never playfully flirts with you.  She might end up with a broken nose. Can't be too careful.  A girl playfully punching your arm can really seem like Chya coming down from the top rope, with a taser and brass knucks, given the right circumstances. Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

But would you hit her?

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:09 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I would have punched her too given her comments and touching me first. A man should never hit a woman is not always the case. I know some women who are tough. She just happened to be attractive. BTW I've never hit a woman in my life. But, given the right circumstances can't say I wouldn't.

So if your one buddy farted, will call him Farty McGee, and you other buddy, who will call Tony, punched him in the arm and said "Dude!" what would be a reasonable response from the fartee?

-Farty McGee farts. Then laughs.
-Tony then says "Dude!" and punches McGee in arm.
-McGee, threatened, grabs the PS4 controller on the table and proceeds to bash Tony's face in.

Is that a normal response?  I'm assuming you would react similarly to McGee. You don't punch people in the arm!!!!
Reply/Quote
Here's the real question of the day: Will this moral debate on Joe Mixon finally die down once he's drafted?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:59 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I don't know, do you think an anonymous message board being attacked by an level women's MMA fighter is akin to a 100 pound girl shoving a D1 football player in the chest?

Never compared the two situations....just a general question. Is it more that she was a woman or that she was physically not a threat to him. If it were a smaller, weaker man that slapped him and he hit him what would you think.....again, just a general question.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Here's the real question of the day: Will this moral debate on Joe Mixon finally die down once he's drafted?

As I said earlier, not until he starts scoring td's and making a difference. Then yes it will.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Here's the real question of the day: Will this moral debate on Joe Mixon finally die down once he's drafted?

Not if he is drafted by the Bengals, that will only fuel this debate further.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote