64.79%
46 64.79%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Mixon or Dalvin Cook?
(04-28-2017, 01:28 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote:
What about decking a racist that was intentionally antagonizing, pushing, grabbing and yelling at you?

I'm not one to ever say violence is the answer to anything, whether its man on man, man on woman or whatever.

I'm just tired of people acting like this girl was some helpless victim that Mixon just walked up to and attacked. She started the shit but, obviously, was incapable of ending it. If she had known that prior to calling him the N Word, pushing on him and yelling in his face over and over again, maybe her jaw would have never been dislodged.

As a culture, we really need to stop treating women like they should not be held responsible for their aggression. She should have been arrested, but she was, literally, too weak to do the damage to him that she clearly wanted to.

He didn't have that problem.

Don't start none, won't be none.

do I think he should have hit her? No.

But I don't think he's a disgusting human being for disposing of another disgusting human being in the manner that he saw most fit.

Do you really believe this?  Honest question.  Do you buy his exact version of the events, and if so, why exactly?  What are you seeing, either in the video or in the various reports, that is causing you to choose his side over both hers, or something in between?

I would love a response.  I'm generally curious if, after seeing the video and reading everything, if this is the honest to God conclusion you've arrived at.

See, I think it's very, very doubtful that a college aged female in 2017 is publicly a racist, to the point of antagonizing a person of color in a public setting. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that it's unlikely.  Just for the sake conversation, I'd guess that less than 25% of while woman that age vocally share a racist thought out loud, to anyone.  And the number that would to a black man's face, in a public setting none the less, gotta be less than 1%, and more likely less than .01%. 

I mean, I just don't think there's that many publicly racist teenage white women on college campuses.  I could be wrong, and the numbers and percentages are meaningless, other than for me to try to prove my point.  Which again, is that I find unlikely a girl this age shares those opinions or uses that language in a public setting. Unprovoked nonetheless.

But lets say you do make that argument, that it does happen, and it most likely was the gasoline that started this fire.  How likely is it that a college aged female, WHO IS OUT WITH HER GAY FRIEND, is the type to exhibit this type of behavior?  A young teenage girl in 2017, just out with her gay buddy, dropping the N bomb.  It's becoming less and less likely

But wait, there's more. He claimed the gay friend also used a slur.  In fact, he turned the table and said it.  Keep in mind, the video later showed there were at least two black people sitting at the table.  So a gay kid, turned to a table of black people, and called this guy the N word?  That's his version of the events.  A 20 year homosexual college student, in 2017, turned to a table of black people and dropped the N bomb, describing another black person, not two feet away.  You buy that?

Watch the video.  Tooti Fruity almost immediately turns away from Mixon and then later actually physically moves away from him. Sure looks like someone who either feels threatened, or is trying to to remove themselves from the situation. He appears to want no part of the situation.

She isn't even looking at him at first, and clearly they initially walked away. He followed. Yet you claim they were intentionally antagonizing him?  Why? What facts do you have to support this?  The evidence seems to point to the contrary.

The sad thing is that we even need to break this down. It really doesn't matter.  She was no physical threat to him. The idea that she clearly intended or wished to do more damage to him, as you just said, is absolutely ridiculous.  Get the **** outta here with that. Push her off, file a report, leave the room, something. Anything other than throw a haymaker. His safety was never in question. She shoved him.

You know, I'm just going to stop here. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. You and everyone who goes out of their way to defend this.  This is an absolute joke of a take.

Anyone with a brain sees it for what it is. This guy is a scumbag who knocked a girl unconscious for no warranted reason. None. And he played the race card, because he had no other defense. Regardless, there isn't single reason, no matter what happened, that her behavior warranted that response. And it's disgusting to pretend there is.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree that "disgusting human being" may be over the top, but he used homophobic slurs, right?  Is that not the same?

Really, both of these guys are out of the first round for a reason.  Maybe the selfish side of me is tired of being mocked by other fans for being the Ohio State Penal League.....but PacMan is enough for me.

Oh, believe me, I am right there with you. I would love to be the team that takes the high road for once.

I don't want any player distractions drafted by our team, even if they are really good.

It's just so rarely worth it.

Even today, you still see Walterfootball and all them giving us the low character guys that fall and saying stuff like "Bad Character never bothers the Bengals, so why not?"

It's really frustrating because, outside of that fool Pacman (who I can't believe is still on the roster), we have been really clean for almost a decade. But it keeps showing up every time. I would love for the Bengals to be considered a pillar of excellence in regards to character. But it may be branded to us for  life.

At least until Lewis is gone.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:55 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If you're willing to call a black person the n word, you were always willing to. That isn't something that occurs when you hear something else offensive.

She's a racist. Let's just call her what she is.

And he's homophobic. 

A lot of people applauded the guy who punched the Neo Nazi in the street following the election.

Saying no one should ever punch a woman ever in any circumstance is just as sexist as saying punching a woman is not a big deal. Putting women on a pedestal is one of our society's biggest barriers to true equality.

Meh....we'll have to agree to disagree on that my friend.....I guess I'm just an old school southern boy.

(04-28-2017, 01:56 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I don't think we will even have a chance to choose.  Both of them are going to be gone by the time we pick tonight. 

I'm staying out of the human shittyness argument.  Both of them are nothing more than privileged athletes who needed to be told No back in their younger days.  But they weren't and now here we are. If we draft one of them tonight, and they turn into the next Barry Sanders/Adrian Peterson, everyone one of us will have forgotten their past transgressions and this debate will be a moot point.  Yes, even you Wes. 

So.....that's my two cents. 

On that note, we are going to draft a high quality football player tonight and that will hopefully help us win our first Super Bowl in the next year or two. 

Who Dey! 

ps. have you guys seen the linebacker from South Central Louisiana State University?  I can't believe he didn't get drafted last night.  Hopefully he slides to us at #41! 

Well said Hawk, well said.

(04-28-2017, 01:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My point is why is animal cruelty/neglect not considered as bad or worse than what Mixon did? IMO it's worse because those puppies are more helpless than Molitor was in the Mixon situation.

I get your point....I'm a dog lover to the nth degree....my 15 year old, 75 lb lap dog baby can attest to that.  It's especially abhorrent that it involves pups.  That said, no, not when it comes to human life....in my book anyway.  Either one of these guys are kinda pieces of shit....one just smells worse to me.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you want a guy with red flags to improve the run game in the second round then you want Cam Robinson. I can tolerate his screw up more than Mixon's and Cook's. Plus Robinson should improve the RBs already on the roster. Hopefully, give Dalton time to throw the ball deep to Ross, also.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:49 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If this team drafts Mixon I will 100% be done with this team. You can delete this account. An absolutely disgusting human being.

A man who does that to a woman ain't no man. He ought to be taken out back and put down. **** that piece of shit and **** anyone who makes excuses for him.

The woman made a racist remark and pushed him first. I would have punched her too given her comments and touching me first. A man should never hit a woman is not always the case. I know some women who are tough. She just happened to be attractive. BTW I've never hit a woman in my life. But, given the right circumstances can't say I wouldn't.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oh, believe me, I am right there with you. I would love to be the team that takes the high road for once.

I don't want any player distractions drafted by our team, even if they are really good.

It's just so rarely worth it.

Even today, you still see Walterfootball and all them giving us the low character guys that fall and saying stuff like "Bad Character never bothers the Bengals, so why not?"

It's really frustrating because, outside of that fool Pacman (who I can't believe is still on the roster), we have been really clean for almost a decade. But it keeps showing up every time. I would love for the Bengals to be considered a pillar of excellence in regards to character. But it may be branded to us for  life.

At least until Lewis is gone.

Agreed.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:49 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Completely agree.  His use of force was completely over the top though.  No how, no way did he need to do what he did.  He couldn't walk away?  He could not hold her hands back if he really felt under attack?  He lost control and showed what kind of person he is. 

You're either ok with hitting women, or you're not.  And anyone who says "he was defending himself", "she brought it on", etc. falls into the former category.

Curious, if Cris Cyborg was smacking you around if you would defend yourself......?
Reply/Quote
I think the interesting thing will be IF Cam Robinson is there with one of Mixon or Cook...who we select.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Meh....we'll have to agree to disagree on that my friend.....I guess I'm just an old school southern boy.

Well said Hawk, well said.

I get your point....I'm a dog lover to the nth degree....my 15 year old, 75 lb lap dog baby can attest to that.  It's especially abhorrent that it involves pups.  That said, no, not when it comes to human life....in my book anyway.  Either one of these guys are kinda pieces of shit....one just smells worse to me.

Yea, I pretty much like dogs far more than most people, so there ya go.
The character concerns for both Cook and Mixon though are a big reason I want the Bengals to just wait until Round 3-4 to get a RB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Do you really believe this?  Honest question.  Do you buy his exact version of the events, and if so, why exactly?  What are you seeing, either in the video or in the various reports, that is causing you to choose his side over both hers, or something in between?

He must be going off of the innate trustworthiness of men who beat women...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Do you really believe this?  Honest question.  Do you buy his exact version of the events, and if so, why exactly?  What are you seeing, either in the video or in the various reports, that is causing you to choose his side over both hers, or something in between?

I would love a response.  I'm generally curious if, after seeing the video and reading everything, if this is the honest to God conclusion you've arrived at.

See, I think it's very, very doubtful that a college aged female in 2017 is publicly a racist, to the point of antagonizing a person of color in a public setting.  I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that it's unlikely.  Just for the sake conversation, I'd guess that less than 25% of while woman that age vocally share a racist thought out loud, to anyone.  And the number that would to a black man's face, in a public setting none the less, gotta be less than 1%, and more likely less than .01%. 

I mean, I just don't think there's that many publicly racist teenage white women on college campuses.  I could be wrong, and the numbers and percentages are meaningless, other than for me to try to prove my point.  Which again, is that I find unlikely a girl this age shares those opinions or uses that language in a public setting. Unprovoked nonetheless.

But lets say you do make that argument, that it does happen, and it most likely was the gasoline that started this fire.  How likely is it that a college aged female, WHO IS OUT WITH HER GAY FRIEND, is the type to exhibit this type of behavior?  A young teenage girl in 2017, just out with her gay buddy, dropping the N bomb.  It's becoming less and less likely

But wait, there's more. He claimed the gay friend also used a slur.  In fact, he turned the table and said it.  Keep in mind, the video later showed there were at least two black people sitting at the table.  So a gay kid, turned to a table of black people, and called this guy the N word?  That's his version of the events.  A 20 year homosexual college student, in 2017, turned to a table of black people and dropped the N bomb, describing another black person, not two feet away.  You buy that?

Watch the video.  Tooti Fruity almost immediately turns away from Mixon and then later actually physically moves away from him. Sure looks like someone who either feels threatened, or is trying to to remove themselves from the situation. He appears to want no part of the situation.

She isn't even looking at him at first, and clearly they initially walked away. He followed. Yet you claim they were intentionally antagonizing him?  Why? What facts do you have to support this?  The evidence seems to point to the contrary.

The sad thing is that we even need to break this down. It really doesn't matter.  She was no physical threat to him. The idea that she clearly intended or wished to do more damage to him, as you just said, is absolutely ridiculous.  Get the **** outta here with that. Push her off, file a report, leave the room, something. Anything other than throw a haymaker. His safety was never in question. She shoved him.

You know, I'm just going to stop here. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. You and everyone who goes out of their way to defend this.  This is an absolute joke of a take.

I think he called her friend something homophobic. And, in her mind, that gave her permission to be racist.

I know I will be in the minority in this (and I am white, for the record), but the level of "under the radar" racism I see on a daily basis is staggering. I once had a friend in college who said he is happy for me and my wife (who is black) who, at the time was my girlfriend, and said "I'm glad you guys are happy, but I just don't get it. It doesn't make any sense to me. I could never date a black woman."

I've also heard white people say my wife is "so articulate." Like, they saw the color of her skin and assumed she was an idiot who couldn't speak well.

I've seen white people look confused at us and I've seen white people ask me "So, how did that happen?" referencing my wife.

None of these people said the N Word or anything outright racist but you could tell, from what they said, what they were thinking. And they had extremely racist thoughts.

There are millions of white people in America who are secretly racist as ****. (for the record, I'm not saying other races aren't racist.)

So when I hear a white woman reportedly calling a black person the N word and the defense is "Well, maybe she said it because he said something homophobic" all that tells me is that she has been repressing or rephrasing her racist thoughts and opinions for years. And the second she saw, in her eyes, a justifiable reason to be outwardly racist, she jumped on it as fast as she could.

Those people are the true scum of this world. Not the people who respond irrationally to such hatred.

I'm not saying he was right for doing what he did. But I understand the vitriol that would come from witnessing racism. It is a toxin in this country and she let it out.

Now, obviously, this is just based on witness accounts that the N word was said. If this were false or revealed to be fake, then I completely retract any kind of support for Mixon in this scenario.
Reply/Quote
Apparently I should post any future Mixon threads in PnR.

Lord help us if he gets drafted by the Bengals. We'll have to merge Jungle Noise with PnR.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea, I pretty much like dogs far more than most people, so there ya go.
The character concerns for both Cook and Mixon though are a big reason I want the Bengals to just wait until Round 3-4 to get a RB.

LMAO Some days......I feel your pain brother.

I hear ya on the back end there....and not a bad policy, if only I weren't so hung up on ditching 2 yard Jeremy. Wink

Reply/Quote
Honestly like them both so I didn't choose. Either one is an upgrade at RB for this team. Hope we land either of them.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Apparently I should post any future Mixon threads in PnR.

Lord help us if he gets drafted by the Bengals. We'll have to merge Jungle Noise with PnR.

Just until he starts scoring td's and making a difference turning losses into wins.

Reply/Quote
Don't be surprised if the Bengals take Kamara.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Don't be surprised if the Bengals take Kamara.

Just warning you, If all three are there and they take kamara, color me surprised.

Reply/Quote
What will be interesting to see is the reaction of the media if a team like Green Bay takes Mixon.

If the Bengals do it, then it is the same old same old "Bengals don't care about character issues" statement.

However, the Pack are interested and if they take him, will it be that they don't care about character issues or will it become a different story about "Mixon served his punishment and Green Bay is giving him a second chance"

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:12 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Curious, if Cris Cyborg was smacking you around if you would defend yourself......?

You really call what he did "defending himself"?  You can come up with every possible hypothetical situation to try to justify it, but what he did is wrong.  Anyone who wants to can continue to root for this franchise, which has certainly had its share of thugs and criminals, but I said weeks ago that Mixon would be the last straw.  Pacman almost has me there, but combine Mixon and its too much.

You all can come up with excuses for a tired old man with little football knowledge taking yet another thug, but I will feel quite fine moving on.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What will be interesting to see is the reaction of the media if a team like Green Bay takes Mixon.

If the Bengals do it, then it is the same old same old "Bengals don't care about character issues" statement.

However, the Pack are interested and if they take him, will it be that they don't care about character issues or will it become a different story about "Mixon served his punishment and Green Bay is giving him a second chance"

Yes...?

Reply/Quote