Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe burrow
(07-25-2022, 01:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So then you agree with the OP. He listed 5 things the THINKS JB needs to stay away from and one of them was "the Political Mess". 

So he only thinks JB should be like you and "stay out of that shit".

No, I'm cool with whatever Joe says. I don't want him to change who he is. It's part of what makes him as great as he is. He's driven... Point is, it don't matter what the **** you say, it's never gonna change anyone's opinion and it won't make a Godamn difference either way, so who cares. I use to get into it. Until I started understanding it's all bullshit..
(07-24-2022, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They don’t make the comments during the games though (other than maybe the kneeling). And you likely only feel that way because you don’t agree with said politics.

I’m actually a big 2nd amendment guy, and I had absolutely no problem with what Burrow said after Uvalde. He was asked a question, and he gave an honest answer (which I respect so much more than typical “player speak”). A big part of the problem nowadays is there’s just no middle ground anymore in this country.

So much truth in that last sentence Nico....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-24-2022, 02:51 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote:  i can't publicly share an opinion on a public board? does this apply to zac or lou or other players or is it just joe?

According to your logic it only applies to Joe Burrow.  You are the one saying he is not allowed to publicly share his opinion.
(07-24-2022, 03:11 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: what i don't like is the attacks because they don't like an opinion. 

You just told Joe Burrow that he will not be a great QB if he keeps stating his opinions that you disagree with.
(07-24-2022, 11:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you just rant at someone speaking their mind because they were ranting about someone speaking their mind?

THAT is comedy gold

The point clearly went over your head.

It is not about a difference in opinion.  It is about being allowed to voice your opinion. Tiger Blood said people should not be allowed to speak their mind.  

Based on your "gotcha" logic it would be impossible for anyone to disagree with him because you can't do that without speaking your mind.
(07-24-2022, 11:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: FWIW, the OP never said JB can't say what he wants; he merely gave his thoughts on the matter. 

He clearly says that Joe needs to shut up in order to become the best QB possible.
What is the "political mess" he needs to avoid?
I must be missing something.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(07-24-2022, 02:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: when has Joe been hurt by "taking every little criticism to heart."

[Image: if-you-listen-closely-you-can-hear-the-c...740611.png]
its kinda weird. when i say i think joe can be the best qb in NFL, or praise his talents or point out how good of a leader he his dealing with his guys, no one gets a bee in there bonnet and no ones insulting me or calling me names. but the minute i give some critcism on thing that are just my own personal takes, here comes the pitchforks. and people acuse me of acting like i'm in a cult. boy oh boy.

i never said joe CANT say what he wants or wear what he wants or hold onto the ball or whatever. i said i think he needs to avoid them to get to the tom brady level of greatness. i literal said "i THINK he needs to get away from" in the beginning of the post.

but some people automatcly went on defensive cause they dont think joe can be critcized or something. i respect yalls right to your opinions even if i dont agree. wish i would get the same respect. i also respect joes right to do and say whatever he wants. dont mean i cant give my thoughts on it though.
(07-25-2022, 11:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He clearly says that Joe needs to shut up in order to become the best QB possible.

if i said that why didn't you give the quote of me telling joe to "shut up"?

i said he needs to avoid the political mess. the reason i say that is cause it's a no win situation and he can look to tom brady to see what happens when you start going down that path and if backfires. brady said he shouldn't have gotten involved in the polotics.
Can of worms.

A few years ago the local High School changed its dress code policy. I told my daughter and niece that I believe high school was to prepare kids for a work environment so kids should dress appropriately.... it did not go over well lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Mike Sando just released his yearly QB tiers. It is a list put together by league executives and coaches ranking all the starting QB's into tiers. Burrow comes in at the bottom of tier 1, but was fascinating another GM called him young Tom Brady.

That comparison has continued to be used by people around the league and I do find it fascinating. I think people go to it because they don't know how to quite quantify what it is he does so well but know it's something. He isn't the biggest or fastest, he doesn't have the best arm, he is really accurate and a good processor of information but still wouldn't say best. There is a bit of that intangible people can't place their finger on, you kind of know it when you see it. Maybe it's his ability to control emotions and stay poised?

Either way, the one knock was on him predetermining reads in the quick game but even that was semi explained away as potentially being a function of the O line. I definitely agree that he can sometimes be baited pre snap in a "We know he knows we are doing this so we are showing this to get him to do that" situations. The more he continues to see I think that will become less and less often though.
(07-25-2022, 12:36 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote:  i also respect joes right to do and say whatever he wants.

Except you think they will keep him from becoming a great QB.  You can't have it both ways.  You can't say Joe has to stifle his opinion at the same time you are crying about not being able to state your own opinion.

Seems like your main point of this thread is to play the victim.  You have more posts crying about the way people react to your opinion than you do actually discussing your opinion.  Here is a tip.  Don't get so upset when someone disagrees with your opinion.  Especially when your opinion is that Joe should not express his own opinion if he wants to be great.
(07-24-2022, 02:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  when has Joe been hurt by "taking every little criticism to heart."

(07-25-2022, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: [Image: if-you-listen-closely-you-can-hear-the-c...740611.png]

Care to get this thread and answer this question?
(07-25-2022, 12:42 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: if i said that why didn't you give the quote of me telling joe to "shut up"?

i said he needs to avoid the political mess. the reason i say that is cause it's a no win situation and he can look to tom brady to see what happens when you start going down that path and if backfires. brady said he shouldn't have gotten involved in the polotics.

Because he can excuse his personal attack if he gets to make up what you said. 

It's a story as old as time.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-25-2022, 02:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except you think they will keep him from becoming a great QB.  You can't have it both ways.  You can't say Joe has to stifle his opinion at the same time you are crying about not being able to state your own opinion.

Seems like your main point of this thread is to play the victim.  You have more posts crying about the way people react to your opinion than you do actually discussing your opinion.  Here is a tip.  Don't get so upset when someone disagrees with your opinion.  Especially when your opinion is that Joe should not express his own opinion if he wants to be great.

i'm going to just walk away from this one
(07-25-2022, 02:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because he can excuse his personal attack if he gets to make up what you said. 

It's a story as old as time.

i dont see how he gets away with it. but its not my call. 
(07-25-2022, 12:42 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: if i said that why didn't you give the quote of me telling joe to "shut up"?

Right here.

(07-24-2022, 01:40 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: he needs to avoid the political mess.

The only way I can interpret that comment is that you are saying Burrow should not speak his opinions.  If that is not telling him to "shut up" then what exactly does it mean?

I notice that a lot of people here like to make semantic arguments when they can't really attack the logic of my comments.

"I never told him to 'shut up'.  That is a bald faced lie!!!  I just told him not to talk. Derp."
(07-25-2022, 02:50 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i dont see how he gets away with it. but its not my call. 

I am not "getting away" with anything.  I am responding directly to your comment about how Burrow can't talk about certain things if he wants to be a great QB.  Almost everyone here (except one exception) understands that telling a person they can't talk about something is the same as telling them to "shut up" about it.  

But that is what people do when they can't address my point.  They try to start some silly argument about semantics instead of actual facts.
(07-25-2022, 03:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not "getting away" with anything.  I am responding directly to your comment about how Burrow can't talk about certain things if he wants to be a great QB.  Almost everyone here (except one exception) understands that telling a person they can't talk about something is the same as telling them to "shut up" about it.  

But that is what people do when they can't address my point.  They try to start some silly argument about semantics instead of actual facts.

In your first post you insult the OP; then feign taking the higher ground of "people can't address my point".

Your point has been addressed, The OP thinks JB needs to avoid the political mess. In no way does that interpret as "Joe can't talk". 

His point of thinking JB needs to not get involved in the political mess has been addressed rationally by many; including myself. It's just they did it without name calling or "interpreting" what he said. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]