Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe mixon
(01-07-2017, 02:47 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: He made a mistake.hasnt made one since.these guys get paid to play football .i dont care what he did in college alot of people do stupid stuff in college because they are still kids.If he had prior run in like this besides the video it would be diffrent..anyone remember jeremy hill video???? I wouldnt wanna use a premium pick on mixon but a comp pick would be fine.There are players on this roster who have done way worse.....

Guys like Pacman?  Can't control his temper off the field or on it and costs the team at the worst opportunity. We don't need another one. Plus he did have another incident which got him suspended again.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 11:06 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The video was sealed until December 16th after a court order was over turned. There is a reaction now because people are seeing the video for the first time. Same as the reaction after people saw the Ray Rice video for the first time. 

I wouldn't draft him in any round. 

So let's take advantage of that by drafting him in the 4th as opposed to the first.
(01-07-2017, 03:34 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Hell no!  This clown has shown a total lack of discipline, character, and judgement on several occasions.  Does he seem like a guy who can be counted on?  Let someone else draft this knucklehead.

Several occasions? It was one? Oh BTW the same amount as Peyton manning his just didn't come out until he retired. If we can get a Le'Veon Bell in the 4th round I'm pulling the trigger. There are plenty of instances of college players doing stupid shot in college and not doing anything since. watch his tape without think about off the field crap and tell me u wouldn't take him in the 4th.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Guys like Pacman?  Can't control his temper off the field or on it and costs the team at the worst opportunity. We don't need another one. Plus he did have another incident which got him suspended again.

he hit a woman one time and that was it when he was getting hit. Look at tyrek hill? It's not as bad as that and there's been  no incident since then with him And mixon has never cost his team on the field ever. He will replace Jeremy hill he's a bigger Le'Veon Bell we can get in the 4th round who should be a top 20 pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:38 PM)Jpoore Wrote: he hit a woman one time and that was it when he was getting hit. Look at tyrek hill? It's not as bad as that and there's been  no incident since then with him And mixon has never cost his team on the field ever. He will replace Jeremy hill he's a bigger Le'Veon Bell we can get in the 4th round who should be a top 20 pick.

What do you want to bet that this guy goes undrafted?  Anyone remember La'el Collins?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 07:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What do you want to bet that this guy goes undrafted?  Anyone remember La'el Collins?

That's different, Collins didn't do anything and Mixon did and, um, I think I lost my point.
Reply/Quote
I would rather not draft him. I know that most players aren't boy scouts. I get it. But it's hard to stomach something like this, especially for a franchise that has sometimes taken guys with risks before. I just don't feel like cheering on some guy who's done something like this. If you do, that's fine, but I can't bring myself do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 07:59 PM)blt4584 Wrote: That's different, Collins didn't do anything and Mixon did and, um, I think I lost my point.

The fear with Collins was, he was going to implicated in a murder. Way different than misdemeanor battery.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 08:51 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The fear with Collins was, he was going to implicated in a murder. Way different than misdemeanor battery.

I know what the fear was, but the BRPDs entire case against him was "he might have said hi to her once or something" and then the internet created a Law and Order episode about how she was pregnat with his kid so he had her killed. Basically the BRPD is a joke. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 07:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What do you want to bet that this guy goes undrafted?  Anyone remember La'el Collins?

possibility but I don't think a guy who has a first round grade who makes one handed catches look routine is gonna go undrafted. Someone at the very least will take a chance In a  later round.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 09:12 PM)blt4584 Wrote: I know what the fear was, but the BRPDs entire case against him was "he might have said hi to her once or something" and then the internet created a Law and Order episode about how she was pregnat with his kid so he had her killed. Basically the BRPD is a joke. 

So he went I drafted because the Internet?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:38 PM)Jpoore Wrote: he hit a woman one time and that was it when he was getting hit. Look at tyrek hill? It's not as bad as that and there's been  no incident since then with him And mixon has never cost his team on the field ever. He will replace Jeremy hill he's a bigger Le'Veon Bell we can get in the 4th round who should be a top 20 pick.

Oh, well since you put it like that . . . my opinion is unchanged. Marvin Lewis is a weak coach who has never rehabilitated a discipline problem. Thurman was out of the league before his first contract expired. Henry is dead. Pacman has been arrested again. Burfict is still doing the same shit he was doing at Atizona State. 

Nixon has been suspended twice because he didn't learn to control his temper after being suspended for an entire season. His suspensions hurt his team on the field. The Bengals don't get to carry 100 players on the roster like OU. Marvin Lewis ain't gonna fix Mixon's problem. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 10:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So he went I drafted because the Internet?

No, he went undrafted because the BRPD screwed him over with their normal shoddy work. They complained that he wasn't talkingto him, yet turned him away when he showed up to talk to them because "they weren't ready". The internet just ran wild with the story.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 10:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Oh, well since you put it like that . . . my opinion is unchanged. Marvin Lewis is a weak coach who has never rehabilitated a discipline problem. Thurman was out of the league before his first contract expired. Henry is dead. Pacman has been arrested again. Burfict is still doing the same shit he was doing at Atizona State. 

Nixon has been suspended twice because he didn't learn to control his temper after being suspended for an entire season. His suspensions hurt his team on the field. The Bengals don't get to carry 100 players on the roster like OU. Marvin Lewis ain't gonna fix Mixon's problem. 

^This^  I don't care if this kid is the second coming of Jim Brown or Walter Payton. Our team needs fewer discipline issues, not more.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 10:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Oh, well since you put it like that . . . my opinion is unchanged. Marvin Lewis is a weak coach who has never rehabilitated a discipline problem. Thurman was out of the league before his first contract expired. Henry is dead. Pacman has been arrested again. Burfict is still doing the same shit he was doing at Atizona State. 

he doesn't have a problem he played in 13games freshman year and 12 games sophomore year. Bc he got mad and ripped up a ticket shit i've done that before. and let's see our best players have been the ones with so called "attitude problem" last couple years.  His stats speak for itself In 2 years. 301 rushing attempts 2027 yards 17 tds 6.7 ypc. 65 receptions 894 yards 9 tds 13.8 ypr.  So in total stats from scrimmage. 366 plays 2921 yards 8.0 yards per touch and 26 tds. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 10:53 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: ^This^  I don't care if this kid is the second coming of Jim Brown or Walter Payton. Our team needs fewer discipline issues, not more.

he was  only suspended once for ripping up a ticket he got. That is nothing. And what are we risking with a comp pick?he has one shot he messes up u cut him. He doesn't u have a Le'Veon Bell in ur team that u got with a comp pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 11:01 PM)Jpoore Wrote: he was  only suspended once for ripping up a ticket he got. That is nothing. And what are we risking with a comp pick?he has one shot he messes up u cut him. He doesn't u have a Le'Veon Bell in ur team that u got with a comp pick.

Kindly lower your voice, please. I don't like risking any draft pick unnecessarily. You do. Welcome to The Bengals message board, where people respectfully exchange opinions without screaming at each other. Capiche?

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 11:25 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Kindly lower your voice, please. I don't like risking any draft pick unnecessarily. You do. Welcome to The Bengals message board, where people respectfully exchange opinions without screaming at each other. Capiche?

lol sorry for caps it wasn't caps on my screen when ibreplied I don't know how it turned to caps. I apologize for the capitol letters.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 11:27 PM)Jpoore Wrote: lol sorry for caps it wasn't caps on my screen when ibreplied I don't know how it turned to caps. I apologize for the capitol letters.

No problem. I do appreciate your research and passion for the results you believe in. You give us some good info on players to consider. 

I'm not doubting Mixon's on-field talent/ability. My reluctance is a combination of the controversy he's already created for himself, and with us having the likes of Adam Jones and Burfict. Neither are wallflowers, both who have showed to be undisciplined in the heat of the moment. Add Marvin Lewis who tolerates it, and a kid like Mixon just might be negatively influenced. He's going to better off in a highly disciplined organization, and we don't have that here currently. 

My other concern over adding any RB is the lousy condition our Oline is in. IF that ever gets sorted out, I'd wager we have what we need, RB-wise. 

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 12:03 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: No problem. I do appreciate your research and passion for the results you believe in. You give us some good info on players to consider. 

I'm not doubting Mixon's on-field talent/ability. My reluctance is a combination of the controversy he's already created for himself, and with us having the likes of Adam Jones and Burfict. Neither are wallflowers, both who have showed to be undisciplined in the heat of the moment. Add Marvin Lewis who tolerates it, and a kid like Mixon just might be negatively influenced. He's going to better off in a highly disciplined organization, and we don't have that here currently. 

My other concern over adding any RB is the lousy condition our Oline is in. IF that ever gets sorted out, I'd wager we have what we need, RB-wise. 
as I've said on other boards elflien out of osu in my top second round pick that would improve entire oline. I was a supporter of hill until this past season he just looks lost. But more than likely pacman is out of the league now  and even if he's not after next year hell be off the team. So that only leaves burfict imo he's worth the risk of a late comp but other people have other opinions and that's definitely fine. I know one thing though. If he goes undrafted that better be the first call Lewis makes. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 12:28 AM)Jpoore Wrote: as I've said on other boards elflien out of osu in my top second round pick that would improve entire oline. I was a supporter of hill until this past season he just looks lost. But more than likely pacman is out of the league now  and even if he's not after next year hell be off the team. So that only leaves burfict imo he's worth the risk of a late comp but other people have other opinions and that's definitely fine. I know one thing though. If he goes undrafted that better be the first call Lewis makes. 

I'm with ya if he isn't drafted. No doubt - bring him in for a cheap look at how he carries himself as a team mate. Save our picks for more pressing needs.

And I'd be pretty damned happy if we picked a high character player like Pat Elflein. And pretty damned surprised .... this org has already shown too much love for Bodine to have me believe they would actually recognize the need for an upgrade.

Reply/Quote