Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe mixon
(01-09-2017, 04:05 PM)dr1441 Wrote: I would draft Mixon in any round past the 2nd to be honest. If were talking about someone that continuously gets in trouble it is one thing. I am a very big supporter of being mentors and using this as giving him the opportunity to rebuild his reputation. I do not agree with what we did, but at the same time, theres some serious talent that kid has with only one mistake that he's made.

True, completely agree with this Doc.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, in this year draft, there is just too much talent in the RB pool to take someone with character concern like Mixon. He will be very good in this league, probably like LeGarette Blount, but I would be much more comfortable with a physical runner like Brian Hill or Samaje Perine.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 01:44 PM)Funkysylvanelf Wrote: Honestly, in this year draft, there is just too much talent in the RB pool to take someone with character concern like Mixon. He will be very good in this league, probably like LeGarette Blount, but I would be much more comfortable with a physical runner like Brian Hill or Samaje Perine.

That is the exact same problem with hill. We telegraph plays whenever hills on the field it's more than likely a run. With a guy like mixon who is on the field all the time as a 3 down back u won't telegraph ur plays. Also he's a first round talent  that we can get in 5th. We're not drafting a rb in first 3 rounds so this is the best running back. He's listed as the 5th best in this draft. Also the blount comparison is not a good one bc this guy has hands I've never seen on a  rb. He has hands like obj. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 07:48 PM)Jpoore Wrote: That is the exact same problem with hill. We telegraph plays whenever hills on the field it's more than likely a run. With a guy like mixon who is on the field all the time as a 3 down back u won't telegraph ur plays. Also he's a first round talent  that we can get in 5th. We're not drafting a rb in first 3 rounds so this is the best running back. He's listed as the 5th best in this draft. Also the blount comparison is not a good one bc this guy has hands I've never seen on a  rb. He has hands like obj. 

I really hope your wrong about no rb in the first 3 rounds.i also think mixon will be gone in rd 3 so you better hope we take one if you want him.i want cook or fournette at 9.Dallas was so much better with a good rb,and dont say its the line because how did darren mcfadden do for them the year before
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 01:09 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I really hope your wrong about no rb in the first 3 rounds.i also think mixon will be gone in rd 3 so you better hope we take one if you want him.i want cook or fournette at 9.Dallas was so much better with a good rb,and dont say its the line because how did darren mcfadden do for them the year before

Umm...you can absolutely say it was the OL.
In 2015, Darren McFadden (who was washed up and brittle in OAK) had 1089 rushing yards (4.6 YPC) and 328 receiving yards (8.2 YPC). That was his second best production in a season in his career.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 05:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Umm...you can absolutely say it was the OL.
In 2015, Darren McFadden (who was washed up and brittle in OAK) had 1089 rushing yards (4.6 YPC) and 328 receiving yards (8.2 YPC). That was his second best production in a season in his career.

I wonder where that season ranks compared to the rest of the starting rb in the league that year?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 05:52 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I wonder where that season ranks compared to the rest of the starting rb in the league that year?

Well McFadden only started 10 games that year. Joseph Randle started the other 6.

They still finished 9th overall in team rushing despite using 4 QBs last year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 01:09 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I really hope your wrong about no rb in the first 3 rounds.i also think mixon will be gone in rd 3 so you better hope we take one if you want him.i want cook or fournette at 9.Dallas was so much better with a good rb,and dont say its the line because how did darren mcfadden do for them the year before

(01-16-2017, 05:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Umm...you can absolutely say it was the OL.

(01-16-2017, 05:52 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I wonder where that season ranks compared to the rest of the starting rb in the league that year?

(01-16-2017, 05:59 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Well McFadden only started 10 games that year. Joseph Randle started the other 6.

They still finished 9th overall in team rushing despite using 4 QBs last year.

Sometimes it's good to look some things up, before aimlessly shooting off at the mouth.. Hilarious

(Not meant as a direct attack toward Buckeye420, let's just call it a little Rookie Hazing)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

some people think he's undrafted but he's always available in round 4 comp pick in mock games. Definitely would not waste a 9 on fournette his ankle issues are chronic.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 06:46 PM)Jpoore Wrote: some people think he's undrafted but he's always available in round 4 comp pick in mock games. Definitely would not waste a 9 on fournette his ankle issues are chronic.

I love chronic
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 06:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sometimes it's good to look some things up, before aimlessly shooting off at the mouth.. Hilarious

(Not meant as a direct attack toward Buckeye420, let's just call it a little Rookie Hazing)

I wouldnt call myself a rookie,ive been on the boards for years all the way back to the original jungle noize.i have been banned repeatedly for arguing with fredtoast and agressive moderators.plenty more "pop offs "to come :)
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 06:46 PM)Jpoore Wrote: some people think he's undrafted but he's always available in round 4 comp pick in mock games. Definitely would not waste a 9 on fournette his ankle issues are chronic.

So what do you mean by chronic?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 11:19 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So what do you mean by chronic?

[Image: dr-dre-the-chronic.jpg?itok=ArEKYeXQ]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 11:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: [Image: dr-dre-the-chronic.jpg?itok=ArEKYeXQ]
Close ! Visit some of his subject matter and you will see what chronic is
Reply/Quote
It's worth noting that Mixon reportedly received a first round grade from the NFL Advisory Committee based on his talent alone.
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/joe-mixon-first-round-grade-nfl-draft/342767
Obviously, with studs like Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette, and Christian McCaffrey, coupled with his incident, he won't be a first round draft pick.
However, the fourth round and later is what makes or breaks a team, and if Mixon is there in the fourth (or even third?), he could be that difference maker to get the Bengals over that playoff hump.

I will also add that if he becomes like a Vontaze Burfict and no one drafts him due to his incident, the Bengals need to scoop him up as an UDFA.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 11:19 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So what do you mean by chronic?

As in will deal with this through his career
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 11:28 PM)Jpoore Wrote: As in will deal with this through his career

Well, that's just a guess on your part. You have no idea if he will deal with "this" throughout his career because you don't even know what "this" is. 

Less than 5% of people with ankle sprains develop chronic instability of the ankle joint. Of that 5%, most get better without surgery. The ones who do get surgery are people like Eifert. Eifert and his doctor chose the conservative treatment route and after 3-4 months when there was still instability they opted for the surgical route. Why don't you complain about Eifert's "chronic ankles"? Because you don't know what you're talking about. 

If Fournette has chronic ankle instability he most likely would have already undergone surgery to get a jump start on the rehab for next season. But, it is possible someone (maybe an agent) advised him not to get surgery until after the draft so he doesn't hurt his draft stock. Fournette will get multiple physicals by multiple teams at the combine and I'm sure a MRI at a minimum. If Fournette does have ankle instability, it would be damn near impossible for them not to catch it. (According to one study, the physical exam is 96% sensitive and 84% specific.) Therefore, if Fournette doesn't have surgery after the combine and isn't flagged as a medical recheck then he doesn't have "chronic" ankles. If he does have surgery, it will most likely be the same surgery as Eifert's. At which point, not even the surgeon could predict if the ankle instability will or won't be chronic. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2017, 01:24 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, that's just a guess on your part. You have no idea if he will deal with "this" throughout his career because you don't even know what "this" is. 

Less than 5% of people with ankle sprains develop chronic instability of the ankle joint. Of that 5%, most get better without surgery. The ones who do get surgery are people like Eifert. Eifert and his doctor chose the conservative treatment route and after 3-4 months when there was still instability they opted for the surgical route. Why don't you complain about Eifert's "chronic ankles"? Because you don't know what you're talking about. 

If Fournette has chronic ankle instability he most likely would have already undergone surgery to get a jump start on the rehab for next season. But, it is possible someone (maybe an agent) advised him not to get surgery until after the draft so he doesn't hurt his draft stock. Fournette will get multiple physicals by multiple teams at the combine and I'm sure a MRI at a minimum. If Fournette does have ankle instability, it would be damn near impossible for them not to catch it. (According to one study, the physical exam is 96% sensitive and 84% specific.) Therefore, if Fournette doesn't have surgery after the combine and isn't flagged as a medical recheck then he doesn't have "chronic" ankles. If he does have surgery, it will most likely be the same surgery as Eifert's. At which point, not even the surgeon could predict if the ankle instability will or won't be chronic. 

OP likes OSU players, and Mixon.  Thinks Mixon will be a steal. I'd rather have Dalvin Cook.  Excellent burst, pass catching chops, all without the punching of women.  I absolutely do not want assaulters of women.  As a grown man, not much is lower than beating the opposite sex. It's something you just don't do.  The league should blackball guys who do this crap, but if they have enough talent, someone ends up checking their moral code at the door. Tyreek Hill is another scumbag.  Pieces of sh!t like them can play somewhere else, not here.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2017, 01:24 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, that's just a guess on your part. You have no idea if he will deal with "this" throughout his career because you don't even know what "this" is. 

Wasn't directed at me, but I'll jump in. There are multiple "sources" (take them for what they are worth) who have said his ankle issue is going to be a chronic issue. We don't complain about Eiffert because A. we already have him, so not much we can do the pick is spent B. He has NFL production showing that when he can get on the field his production is worth the injury risk (similar to Gronk, Graham, etc).

We will see if he gets flagged at the combine, but as I said that is the rumor from multiple places. Some teams may flag him others may not, this came up with Lattimore a few years back some thought he'd never play again some thought he'd heal not all teams have the same willingness to take risk with injuries. He was supposed to sit out most the back end of the season to not aggravate it, but after the scuffle at Florida he ended up going back to the locker room and getting dressed. It sounds like he could be a candidate for year one ankle surgery meaning if you take him you may be taking him with a red shirt build in.

My personal take is I am not spending a top 10 pick on a guy who may be coming in as damaged goods. I think more interesting that combine flags or rumors will be if you start see him slipping. If he slips down the boards I think we will know the answer on how teams feel about the ankle.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2017, 10:18 AM)Au165 Wrote: Wasn't directed at me, but I'll jump in. There are multiple "sources" (take them for what they are worth) who have said his ankle issue is going to be a chronic issue. We don't complain about Eiffert because A. we already have him, so not much we can do the pick is spent B. He has NFL production showing that when he can get on the field his production is worth the injury risk (similar to Gronk, Graham, etc).

We will see if he gets flagged at the combine, but as I said that is the rumor from multiple places. Some teams may flag him others may not, this came up with Lattimore a few years back some thought he'd never play again some thought he'd heal not all teams have the same willingness to take risk with injuries. He was supposed to sit out most the back end of the season to not aggravate it, but after the scuffle at Florida he ended up going back to the locker room and getting dressed. It sounds like he could be a candidate for year one ankle surgery meaning if you take him you may be taking him with a red shirt build in.

My personal take is I am not spending a top 10 pick on a guy who may be coming in as damaged goods. I think more interesting that combine flags or rumors will be if you start see him slipping. If he slips down the boards I think we will know the answer on how teams feel about the ankle.

The point is if he had instability he should be getting surgery at this point IOT be ready for training camp. The purpose of the surgery is to fix the problem if there is one. The surgeon himself can't tell Fournette if the surgery will be a failure and result in chronic ankle problems because doctors don't have the ability to tell the future. 
Reply/Quote