Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe mixon
(01-08-2017, 12:40 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: I'm with ya if he isn't drafted. No doubt - bring him in for a cheap look at how he carries himself as a team mate. Save our picks for more pressing needs.

And I'd be pretty damned happy if we picked a high character player like Pat Elflein. And pretty damned surprised .... this org has already shown too much love for Bodine to have me believe they would actually recognize the need for an upgrade.
The only thing that gives me hope is the fact that the coaches said before this season bodine will be improved and this is a important season for bodine. Well he didn't improve gave up multiple back pedaling defender sacks and sucked so hopefully they go elflien.
Reply/Quote
I don't know how any reasonable human being could watch tape of Bodine this past season and not draft someone to at least compete with him this year.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 02:35 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I don't know how any reasonable human being could watch tape of Bodine this past season and not draft someone to at least compete with him this year.

exactly 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 02:13 AM)Jpoore Wrote: The only thing that gives me hope is the fact that the coaches said before this season bodine will be improved and this is a important season for bodine. Well he didn't improve gave up multiple back pedaling defender sacks and sucked so hopefully they go elflien.

Two words:  Eric Ghiacic. 
Reply/Quote
Straight from the horse's mouth . . .

Quote:"I think people had a lot of confidence that I can change people," Lewis said. "Well, we've learned I screwed that up. I can't change them ...

"These kids come out of college right now and unfortunately some of them have different character flaws. In order to stay around here in the NFL they have to get that fixed."

"We've made a real conscious effort to understand that I can't spend all my time dealing with this," Lewis said. "I am wasting time because I am not dealing with the guys that need my time getting us better as a football team. That's important."
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:34 PM)Jpoore Wrote: So let's take advantage of that by drafting him in the 4th as opposed to the first.

Several occasions? It was one? Oh BTW the same amount as Peyton manning his just didn't come out until he retired. If we can get a Le'Veon Bell in the 4th round I'm pulling the trigger. There are plenty of instances of college players doing stupid shot in college and not doing anything since. watch his tape without think about off the field crap and tell me u wouldn't take him in the 4th.

Mix on also got into some altercation with a parking attendant.  The guy is a douchebag, plain and simple.  In a loaded RB draft class, there are other players with way less baggage to select.  Nixon can play for the Browns.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 07:59 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Mix on also got into some altercation with a parking attendant.  The guy is a douchebag, plain and simple.  In a loaded RB draft class, there are other players with way less baggage to select.  Nixon can play for the Browns.

Oh yeah he ripped up a parking ticket. I've done that a couple of times at least. Doesn't make him a bad guy. Yeah he made a mistake and punched a woman that was yelling racial slurs and punching him. He has seemed very apologetic. During his interview he did not let a single question go unanswered he did not ignore a question or shy away from it.This guy has amazing hands. This is a guy we really need to consider. There aren't any running backs that run like him. He knows this will be a part of his life for a long time and he's accepting that. we can get a top 3 rb in this draft in the 4th and ur not gonna do it bc ur worried about character? I think he is reformed and ready to prove that this is the past. Remember this happened in 2013 it is now 2017. Not like it just happened. He has the best hands I've seen from a rb in a long time also great at picking up blitzes.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 07:59 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Mix on also got into some altercation with a parking attendant.  The guy is a douchebag, plain and simple.  In a loaded RB draft class, there are other players with way less baggage to select.  Nixon can play for the Browns.

Exactly.  I don't care how much talent or potential he has, the guy's a scumbag.  Let him be the face of another organization.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 08:20 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Oh yeah he ripped up a parking ticket. I've done that a couple of times at least. Doesn't make him a bad guy. Yeah he made a mistake and punched a woman that was yelling racial slurs and punching him. He has seemed very apologetic. During his interview he did not let a single question go unanswered he did not ignore a question or shy away from it.This guy has amazing hands. This is a guy we really need to consider. There aren't any running backs that run like him. He knows this will be a part of his life for a long time and he's accepting that. we can get a top 3 rb in this draft in the 4th and ur not gonna do it bc ur worried about character? I think he is reformed and ready to prove that this is the past. Remember this happened in 2013 it is now 2017. Not like it just happened. He has the best hands I've seen from a rb in a long time also great at picking up blitzes.

He ripped it up and threw the pieces in the attendants face because he still can't control his temper. If you have done the same thing twice it doesn't mitigate Mixon's lack of self-discipline. Who gets that pissed off over something as trivial as a parking ticket? Who treats some else like shit for doing their job when it is their own fault for getting the ticket in the first place?

I don't remember it happened in 2013 because it happened in 2014. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 09:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He ripped it up and threw the pieces in the attendants face because he still can't control his temper. If you have done the same thing twice it doesn't mitigate Mixon's lack of self-discipline. Who gets that pissed off over something as trivial as a parking ticket? Who treats some else like shit for doing their job when it is their own fault for getting the ticket in the first place?

I don't remember it happened in 2013 because it happened in 2014. 
When ur a college student struggling to eat and pay bills yeah u do get pissed over something as simple as that and I was talking about the punching incident 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 10:03 PM)Jpoore Wrote: When ur a college student struggling to eat and pay bills yeah u do get pissed over something as simple as that and I was talking about the punching incident 

Both incidents show signs of an angry young man.  Just because he tries real hard to control his emotions, most of the time, does not mitigate the fact that he has two rage incidents on his record.  Trust me, I know.  I used to be an angry young man.  You can argue about how great of a ballplayer he is, until you're blue in the face, it doesn't matter.  In the modern NFL, that sort of shit just isn't tolerated like it used to be. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
just avoid this guy, he's cancer
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 10:03 PM)Jpoore Wrote: When ur a college student struggling to eat and pay bills yeah u do get pissed over something as simple as that and I was talking about the punching incident 

Getting mad about getting a parking ticket is not the same as throwing a temper tantrum for getting a parking ticket. Football players on scholarship at major programs like OU don't struggle to eat. With their meal plan, they eat better than your typical undergrad student. 

I was referring to the punching incident. It happened in 2014, not 2013. The parking lot incident happened in November 2016. The woman Mixon punched didn't call Mixon a slur, her friend did. Mixon called her friend a slur. Who started it is unclear. But, the video clearly shows Mixon could have avoided the situation by not following them into the store. The woman was 100% wrong for pushing and slapping Mixon. But, she didn't even make good contact so Mixon's claim it felt like a man hit him is laughable. Especially coming from a 220+ pound RB (who is accustomed to getting him by men) after he bowed up on a woman to physically intimidate her. Just like he tried to physically intimidate the parking attendant by throwing the ticket in the attendant's face and allegedly driving his car towards the attendant. Maybe Mixon learned not to bow up on a woman 100lbs lighter than him if he can't take a slap?

So far most of the events you have described are incorrect, yet you know Mixon is reformed?  Even though his latest incident happened two months ago? Please. 

The Bengals need Joe Mixon like they need another Stanley Wilson. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 12:24 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Getting mad about getting a parking ticket is not the same as throwing a temper tantrum for getting a parking ticket. Football players on scholarship at major programs like OU don't struggle to eat. With their meal plan, they eat better than your typical undergrad student. 

I was referring to the punching incident. It happened in 2014, not 2013. The parking lot incident happened in November 2016. The woman Mixon punched didn't call Mixon a slur, her friend did. Mixon called her friend a slur. Who started it is unclear. But, the video clearly shows Mixon could have avoided the situation by not following them into the store. The woman was 100% wrong for pushing and slapping Mixon. But, she didn't even make good contact so Mixon's claim it felt like a man hit him is laughable. Especially coming from a 220+ pound RB (who is accustomed to getting him by men) after he bowed up on a woman to physically intimidate her. Just like he tried to physically intimidate the parking attendant by throwing the ticket in the attendant's face and allegedly driving his car towards the attendant. Maybe Mixon learned not to bow up on a woman 100lbs lighter than him if he can't take a slap?

So far most of the events you have described are incorrect, yet you know Mixon is reformed?  Even though his latest incident happened two months ago? Please. 

The Bengals need Joe Mixon like they need another Stanley Wilson. 

guess we shouldn't have taken a chance on pacman or burfict. Their on field/off field play has gotten them into trouble and this year they really changed didn't really blow up. So why can't we take a chance on mixon as well?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 12:42 AM)Jpoore Wrote: guess we shouldn't have taken a chance on pacman or burfict. Their on field/off field play has gotten them into trouble and this year they really changed didn't really blow up. So why can't we take a chance on mixon as well?

Burfict and Pacman's lack of self-discipline and Marvin Lewis' lack of control of his knuckleheads directly led to the Bengals' playoff loss last year.  Marvin Lewis hasn't reigned in Burfict's on-field extracurricular activities or Pacman's off-field problems which have continued since before both signed with the team.  Marvin Lewis himself is quoted as saying he can't change players.  Plus he doesn't have the time to deal with discipline problems because it distracts from the amount of time spent coaching the other non-knuckleheads.  So if Marvin Lewis says he doesn't have the ability or time to help players like Mixon, what makes you think Marvin Lewis can?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:22 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Burfict and Pacman's lack of self-discipline and Marvin Lewis' lack of control of his knuckleheads directly led to the Bengals' playoff loss last year.  Marvin Lewis hasn't reigned in Burfict's on-field extracurricular activities or Pacman's off-field problems which have continued since before both signed with the team.  Marvin Lewis himself is quoted as saying he can't change players.  Plus he doesn't have the time to deal with discipline problems because it distracts from the amount of time spent coaching the other non-knuckleheads.  So if Marvin Lewis says he doesn't have the ability or time to help players like Mixon, what makes you think Marvin Lewis can?

that's my point I don't think he needs help. On the field he's a elite talent off the field he's made a couple mistakes. Who doesn't when they're 17,18,19. His was worse than most yes. But he deserves a second chance. This mistake is already gonna cost him millions of dollars. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 02:23 AM)Jpoore Wrote: that's my point I don't think he needs help. On the field he's a elite talent off the field he's made a couple mistakes. Who doesn't when they're 17,18,19. His was worse than most yes. But he deserves a second chance. This mistake is already gonna cost him millions of dollars. 

I hope he gets his chance with one of the other 31 teams because based upon his November 2016 incident his court ordered counseling clearly didn't help.
Reply/Quote

Star player at a top tier football program, with a car, full ride scholarship, tutors, meal plan, etc. struggling to make ends meet? Now that's funny! Guaranteed he's got a Cush summer job paying 20 an hour or more "working" for some booster. The starving college student and Joe Mixon are not in the same area code.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 03:34 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Star player at a top tier football program, with a car, full ride scholarship, tutors, meal plan, etc. struggling to make ends meet?  Now that's funny!  Guaranteed he's got a Cush summer job paying 20 an hour or more "working" for some booster.  The starving college student and Joe Mixon are not in the same area code.

kinda like tunsil? 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 03:38 AM)Jpoore Wrote: kinda like tunsil? 

Nah. Kinda like the phony jobs Tressell got Maurice Clarett and others. Not to mention fake grades. But, at least Ohio State players struggling to make ends meet and feed themselves can sell their golden pants to buy "food."  And by "food" I mean tattoos, of course. 
Reply/Quote