Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe's Doc "all systems go"
This is awesome news

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31466861/cincinnati-bengals-joe-burrow-track-week-1-dr-neal-elattrache-says

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I feel like a lot of people, myself included, kind of pointed to the recent history of similar injuries and how it really wasn't that wild of a belief he would be back. Sometimes the negativity of some people snowballs and everything in the world is ending around here.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 03:25 PM)pally Wrote: This is awesome news

This is great news!
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 03:25 PM)pally Wrote: This is awesome news

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31466861/cincinnati-bengals-joe-burrow-track-week-1-dr-neal-elattrache-says

There is something sweet about seeing this in writing even though many speculated he'd be back for the start of the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 03:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: I feel like a lot of people, myself included, kind of pointed to the recent history of similar injuries and how it really wasn't that wild of a belief he would be back. Sometimes the negativity of some people snowballs and everything in the world is ending around here.

Everyone, including Joe and his Doctor, have said he would be back week 1. 

For me, its all about the mental side of things. I think he will be 100% recovered come week 1, but how will he hold up mentally?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 03:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Everyone, including Joe and his Doctor, have said he would be back week 1. 

Were you in the thread the day it happened? Everyone most certainly did not say that here. Even media personalities were insinuating it could result in him missing part if not all the season. It was all blown way out of proportion quickly.
Reply/Quote
Cant tell if that means full participant in preseason as well. Hoping so! Good news nonetheless.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 03:56 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Cant tell if that means full participant in preseason as well. Hoping so! Good news nonetheless.

no contact for 9 months so that puts him around the first week of Sep for participation in hitting

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 03:58 PM)pally Wrote: no contact for 9 months so that puts him around the first week of Sep for participation in hitting

Which honestly there is 0 reason to throw him out there in preseason. He will get plenty of work in training camp where they won’t touch him.
Reply/Quote
Let the Burrows lose!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 04:03 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Which honestly there is 0 reason to throw him out there in preseason. He will get plenty of work in training camp where they won’t touch him.

needs to get hit a few times in preseason imo hes gonna get hit and have to scramble in the real season might as well see if hes ready. if hes starting day 1

if he is just getting cleared for contact before game 1 i hold him out for a few weeks. But thats me my job isnt on the line And i rather have burrow good to go for the long term than 1 or 2 early september games
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 04:17 PM)J24 Wrote: Let the Burrows lose!

Why do you want them to lose?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Burrow's career isn't meant to have a preseason.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 04:03 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Which honestly there is 0 reason to throw him out there in preseason. He will get plenty of work in training camp where they won’t touch him.

Is Burrow going to allow himself to sit out all of the preseason though?  Doesn't seem like him to play scared.  We have a whole thread about how Burrow won't fear contact and game speed.  

Palmer played in the 06 preseason.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 04:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is Burrow going to allow himself to sit out all of the preseason though?  Doesn't seem like him to play scared.  We have a whole thread about how Burrow won't fear contact and game speed.  

Palmer played in the 06 preseason
I doubt Joe gets a say as to when he is cleared for contact

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 04:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is Burrow going to allow himself to sit out all of the preseason though?  Doesn't seem like him to play scared.  We have a whole thread about how Burrow won't fear contact and game speed.  

Palmer played in the 06 preseason.

I think it's just a case of how the timeline falls. Palmer's first preseason game that year was August 28th. The Bengals last preseason game this year will be August 29th. 
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 03:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: Even media personalities were insinuating it could result in him missing part if not all the season. It was all blown way out of proportion quickly.

Key word in that sentence is "could".  Saying he could miss time is not at all an unreasonable take.  In fact, it was the correct one.

What I saw that day (at least on these boards) was a few people guarantee he would be back on time.  Some people pushed back against this, and were simply trying to point out that it is a long process that does not at all produce a guaranteed timeline. 

We could hope he's back on time, we could even say we think it's likely he's back on time, but what we can't do is make guarantees about it 9 months in advance.  That's just silly.

Even in the article above it clearly states that "he's on track".  That's a good thing, a great thing even.  It's still, to this day, some 6 months later not a 100% guarantee. 

I've never understood some of things on here that get labeled as negative.  Entertaining the idea that there was a possibility that Joe Burrow might miss some time is completely understandable.  And of course that gets met with some of the homers taking offense to something completely innocuous. 
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 03:58 PM)pally Wrote: no contact for 9 months so that puts him around the first week of Sep for participation in hitting

I knew he likely wouldn't be ready until week 1 but titles like this give me a split-second of false hope because I instantly think "that means he'll be practicing at full capacity soon!"

This is still good news, but the no contact thing is kind of a non-issue because he's a quarterback, so he wouldn't be getting hit in practice or (hopefully) preseason games.

I do kind of worry about him being hesitant with people around his legs, like I stated in my "Carson Syndrome" thread, but I'm sure he'll brush that off quickly.  

He was having such a good season and he'll be in practice against our defensive backs and linebackers, so I see this as nothing major.
Reply/Quote
What's the point of Burrow having to start week 1 of the season? Why not just start him for the Jacksonville game at the end of September (30th) game 4. Especially since this is a longer season.

With the weapons the Bengals have and an improved offensive line (supposedly), plus an upgraded defense (supposedly), I think Brandon Allen can hold it down the first 3 weeks. Plus that gives the Bengals time to evaluate the O-line for 3 weeks without Burrow getting hit. I think those first 3 games are winnable with a backup QB under center (Vikings, Bears, Sqeelers). I would play it on the safe side and look at it for the long haul.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 03:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: I feel like a lot of people, myself included, kind of pointed to the recent history of similar injuries and how it really wasn't that wild of a belief he would be back. Sometimes the negativity of some people snowballs and everything in the world is ending around here.

Not only is the recent history indicative of the timeline for tis type of injury, but you would be absolutely amazed at the mental fortitude and power a positive mind can have; for this reason (because Joe clearly is a strong-minded and positive person), it only makes sense that the mental and physical focus, would be on getting better and healing.

Not to mention, as well, as stated by team people and other reports, the guy's swelling went down after 2-3 days or whatever and he was still walking before surgery; the pain tolerance and healing speed of Burrow, is clearly on another level.

Some people laughed at that notion, but the proof is in the... choose your colloquialism.

(05-18-2021, 03:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Everyone, including Joe and his Doctor, have said he would be back week 1. 

For me, its all about the mental side of things. I think he will be 100% recovered come week 1, but how will he hold up mentally?

As AU said, even in this thread, some people just won't accept that he will be ready to go physically; the majority of human beings are completely incapable of empathy or putting themselves in someone else's situations/shoes, thus their own negativity reflects in the things they say/do/way they think, etc.

Thus, because they are incapable of accepting that something GOOD and POSITIVE is happening with this team and after a catastrophic injury to our greatest asset, people still think he won't be ready, when he will be.

As for the mental side, you're right... but, again, his mental fortitude and positive outlook on things, I think will have him ready before week 1.

We're in store for good things this year and I can't wait Big Grin
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote