Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joey Porter
(01-10-2016, 12:42 PM)pally Wrote: AJ McCaron also fumbled and threw interceptions...should he be cut or traded also?  With everything that went on you want to cut Jeremy Hill.  Give me a break

Here's the rub, Hill isn't a backup. He's a starter.

And yeah, AJMC didn't play well - he got lucky on the AJ green floater that AJ bailed him out on. He's a backup QB. Hill is not a starting running back, he should be cut or demoted (which he certainly wouldn't be happy about, so cut/trade it is).

Why? Because his caliber of play doesn't supercede his antics or flaws (fumbles). Burfict is a beast, double edged sword, you live and die by it. Same with Pacman jones. Hill is not anywhere close to their talent level. If you're good, you get away with a lot. That's how life works. Hill is not good. He has no offset. He's not a hometown boy. He doesn't have a high YPC. He doesn't have a cool head. He fumbles the ball. He's worthless. He blocks better than Gio, that is his use.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:44 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Yea Porter is on the field but Pac Man is dumb a thug a idiot who got goated in to getting a 15 yard penalty.

I believe the word that you were looking for is goaded.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It'll be interesting to see the complete list of fines and suspensions from this game.  The whole "we should hold ourselves to a higher standard" ideal is great, until you're in the heat of competition, and realize that the rules aren't being enforced equally.  The officiating crew showed the Steelers staff that they could get away with whatever they wanted to do, when Munchak wasn't ejected for putting his hands on a player, early on in the game.  In fact, the situation with Porter should have been offsetting, and at worst only one 15 yard PF enforced for the hit on Brown. 

I understand. I'm pissed off and upset about how it all went down as well. I'm sure there will be plenty of fines to go around.

I played football for a lot of years and completely understand the heat of competition. The issue is 2 players who have a very well known history of not being able to keep their emotions in check. That simply can't happen. Just this year Burfict has helped to lose the Broncos game and the playoff game. Yes, he has to be held to a higher standard. Of the 3 players who hurt the team when it mattered most, Burfict is blaming the refs, Jones is blaming the refs, but another hot head (Jeremy Hill) is standing up and taking responsibility. Jones and Burfict should be right there with Hill. Unfortunately, that will never happen as both as selfish, emotional hot heads who can't keep themselves in check.

Again, Porter should've been flagged. I'm right there with you, but it wasn't called. Pointing the finger saying it's his fault doesn't change the fact that Adam Jones should be able to hand some shit talking.
Reply/Quote
Yeah but the only footblal play that caused a negative outcome was HIll's fumble. If everyone could handle shit talking and some shoving Burfict and Jones would not be penalized, non football plays FTL. PC correct sports, non jordan-era days. Steph Curry wouldn't last in Jordan's days, you know where Laimbier or Rodman would have kicked that kid's shin to where he was out for the season. 
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:53 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah but the only footblal play that caused a negative outcome was HIll's fumble. If everyone could handle shit talking and some shoving Burfict and Jones would not be penalized, non football plays FTL. PC correct sports, non jordan-era days. Steph Curry wouldn't last in Jordan's days, you know where Laimbier or Rodman would have kicked that kid's shin to where he was out for the season. 

People can twist it all they want. Burfict and Jones deserve blame and should be held accountable. This is not the first time Burfict cost the team a game. Just look at Denver. Hill's fumble hurt, but if those 2 could just be adults for a minute, they still win the game. They both deserved the flags they got. I don't care how much talent either has. If I'm in charge, last night was their last game in stripes.

As for Hill, he is also a hothead. He gets emotional. However, he stood up and took responsibility. He's willing to take all of the blame. Burfict and Jones think they're victims.
Reply/Quote
Yup. I've had many Steelers fans claiming he was "just checking on Brown"

Bull. He knew what he was doing and the refs should have caught it.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote

[Image: 12523084_1100495303318691_81186797058845...e=5749D390]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The silver lining in all this?  The Bengals are no longer afraid of nor intimidated by the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Reply/Quote
Quote:Bengals cornerback Adam Jones drew a personal foul late in Saturday night’s loss to the Steelers in the aftermath of Vontaze Burfict’s penalty for his hit to the helmet of Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown.

Jones was penalized after exchanging words with Steelers linebackers coach Joey Porter and Jones wondered after the game why Porter was allowed to be on the field at that point. Assistants are not allowed on the field, but Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that officials allowed it out of “real concern” for Brown and that part of the reason Jones was flagged was for making contact with the field judge.

Whatever the level of concern, Porter should not have been on the field and certainly shouldn’t have been engaging with Bengals players if his presence had anything to do with Brown’s condition. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Porter will be fined by the league for his actions on Saturday night.

That’s small comfort to the Bengals and their fans, who will likely wonder why the officials would give special consideration to Porter at that point in the game given how often teams have “real concern” for injured players without eliciting the reaction Porter had during the fourth quarter.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/10/report-joey-porter-expected-to-be-fined/

So the officials bent the rules to let Joey Porter on the field and then failed to penalize the Steelers when Porter ran his mouth. Nice to know the ref confirmed they get special treatment.

At least he's getting fined now that makes everything better. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:53 AM)Joelist Wrote: I DO blame the refs - a major reason the game got out of control was the refs let the Steeler defenders do anything they wanted - including three blatant personal fouls uncalled. It was basically telling the Bengals "we're going to call you on anything but let the Steelers do anything they want". Had the officiating been even handed the outburst doesn't occur.

This crap happens all the time.Look back at years and years of this and the refs have always called more on our teams.The stoolers have always gotten away with murder,they are taught to play dirty by mike tomlin,his own players have said that.He wants a fist fight every game,watch how they always play.Its insane.

I am stepping away from football for a while.I cannot take this anymore. Been watching this crap for 47 years.I will be 70 this year.Have to take a break.I do not personally feel this organization will ever win a super bowl and guess what the stoolers could easily win their 7th.Why,you say,because they are a dirty team that gets by with it.I know this because I have watched it 47 years.If you don't believe me,stay tuned.

Our Bengals will not make the playoffs next season and the ravens will win the division.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers play by a different set of rules then the Bengals its a shame.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The Steelers should lose draft picks for having their coachs being physical with our players.

When the Patriots cheated in the playoffs, they lost draft picks, so whats the difference.

The fact that 2 of them did it and they rewarded one with a game ball, gives the appearance of preplanning.

Lets see the NFL investigate that. Mike Brown should step up and demand it. Like the colts did with the Patriots.

He needs to step up for his team and do his part, if he doesn't this treatment is not going away.

MIKE BROWN IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO STEP UP.
Reply/Quote
Porter's actions made this no longer a game but a "Live Play" for the viewers.

None participants in the so called "Game" were introduced from outside of the actual participants from the playing field to the determining of the actual outcome.

The LB coach became an acting participant of the game on the field and ultimately determined the outcome.

In my opinion what we watched on Saturday night was a "Live Play",not a football game.

Just my opinion.
Reply/Quote
lol Porter got the game ball? That team and their fans deserve each other.
Reply/Quote
So we get penalized on the play that results in a Porter fine. That makes it better. Not.

Someone should sue the NFL for mental cruelty.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Here's the rub, Hill isn't a backup. He's a starter.

And yeah, AJMC didn't play well - he got lucky on the AJ green floater that AJ bailed him out on. He's a backup QB. Hill is not a starting running back, he should be cut or demoted (which he certainly wouldn't be happy about, so cut/trade it is).

Why? Because his caliber of play doesn't supercede his antics or flaws (fumbles). Burfict is a beast, double edged sword, you live and die by it. Same with Pacman jones. Hill is not anywhere close to their talent level. If you're good, you get away with a lot. That's how life works. Hill is not good. He has no offset. He's not a hometown boy. He doesn't have a high YPC. He doesn't have a cool head. He fumbles the ball. He's worthless. He blocks better than Gio, that is his use.

He's also a second year player, sophomore slump?  let's hope...but this cut players/fire coaches after a 12-4 season truly is a losers way of approaching a situation (for the record I'm sure nobody was talking like this after last years rookie season)
Reply/Quote
He shouldn't be fined the Steelers should lose draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Here's the rub, Hill isn't a backup. He's a starter.

We could replace him with Adrian Peterson.  His fumble also led to the winning score, so I would guess he should be cut.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We could replace him with Adrian Peterson.  His fumble also led to the winning score, so I would guess he should be cut.

Adrian Peterson can actually run the ball for gain though. Hill was pitiful at that, and had a game losing fumble.
Reply/Quote
If this was a Patriots coach doing something like this, we'd have an investigation. Doubt it would happen though. I think Bellichick would lop an assistant's head off for steeping out of line like that. Tomlin runs a shit operation. Even his staff gets in on the BS. Makes me ill when I hear national media talk about what a "class act" Tomlin is. He's the dirtiest coach in the league. NE may get up to some shenanigans when it comes to gamesmanship and strategy, but they aren't out there trying to assault opposing players.
Reply/Quote