Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
John McCain
(03-19-2019, 09:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not even a vet. The guy is dead. Let it go.

Trump can't.  He felt slighted and other people don't love him as much.

Nothing really new about that from DJT.  He'd slam his own mother if he thought she crossed him somehow.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-19-2019, 10:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Graham and McCain were tight.  Then he died and now Graham and Trump are tight.

Nice to hear him say it, but it rings hollow when he doesn't stand up to DJT most of the other times.

Probably because Graham just wants to share some spotlight.

Hell, Graham probably stands up to Trump far more than most of the GOP (Just goggle Graham disagrees with Trump). Of course he'll support the party line and agree with him too. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-19-2019, 10:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My boy Graham nailed it:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/romney-calls-out-trumps-attacks-on-heroic-mc-cain-235059131.html

Yeah! Graham is the man! Like when he said he'd raise hell if Sessions was fired... then said the POTUS needed an AG who was willing to play ball.

Or when he said he didn't do anything of consequence without McCain... then he kicked some dirt on the casket and started caressing the guy who criticized both his legacy and his sacrifice to his country.

Or when he called Trump unfit for office... then said he was just trying to be relevant. 

Graham is all that's wrong with politics. He's an opportunistic carpetbagger who would do whatever it took to stay in office.   
(03-19-2019, 10:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, Graham probably stands up to Trump far more than most of the GOP (Just goggle Graham disagrees with Trump). Of course he'll support the party line and agree with him too. 

How would anyone know if Graham disagreed? The sounds he makes are mostly unintelligible from his head being buried so far up the POTUS's behind.
(03-20-2019, 12:16 AM)Benton Wrote: How would anyone know if Graham disagreed? The sounds he makes are mostly unintelligible from his head being buried so far up the POTUS's behind.
Everybody has their opinions. 

(03-20-2019, 12:14 AM)Benton Wrote: Yeah! Graham is the man! Like when he said he'd raise hell if Sessions was fired... then said the POTUS needed an AG who was willing to play ball.

Or when he said he didn't do anything of consequence without McCain... then he kicked some dirt on the casket and started caressing the guy who criticized both his legacy and his sacrifice to his country.

Or when he called Trump unfit for office... then said he was just trying to be relevant. 

Graham is all that's wrong with politics. He's an opportunistic carpetbagger who would do whatever it took to stay in office.   

:andy:
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I'm glad to see people speaking out against this.

Unfortunately, I fear American voters like this in their POTUS. No other explanation (even though I'm sure they wouldn't if this was Obama or Hillary).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Fake patriot and all around sack of shit Donald Trump was talking with workers at a tank factory today and decided that it was an appropriate setting to continue his pathetic attacks on a recently deceased war hero and lifelong public servant.

He blamed McCain for the war in Afghanistan/Iraq, the spending related to it, and the deaths associated with it. He complained about the obamacare vote and the dossier and bitched about not getting thanked for allowing McCain's funeral.

"I endorsed him at his request, and I gave him the kind of funeral that he wanted. Which as President, I had to approve. I don't care about this - I didn't get thank you. That's OK. We sent him on the way, but I wasn't a fan of John McCain."

He then said that the press keeps asking him what he thinks about McCain, hence his comments. McCain is "not my kind of guy", he said, "but some like him".

(03-20-2019, 05:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Fake patriot and all around sack of shit Donald Trump was talking with workers at a tank factory today and decided that it was an appropriate setting to continue his pathetic attacks on a recently deceased war hero and lifelong public servant.

He blamed McCain for the war in Afghanistan/Iraq, the spending related to it, and the deaths associated with it. He complained about the obamacare vote and the dossier and bitched about not getting thanked for allowing McCain's funeral.

"I endorsed him at his request, and I gave him the kind of funeral that he wanted. Which as President, I had to approve. I don't care about this - I didn't get thank you. That's OK. We sent him on the way, but I wasn't a fan of John McCain."

He then said that the press keeps asking him what he thinks about McCain, hence his comments. McCain is "not my kind of guy", he said, "but some like him".

LOL, wouldn't leave his comrades in the Hanoi Hilton behind because his father was an admiral. 

DEFINITELY not Trump's kind of guy.  No one like that would fit in his inner circle.
(03-20-2019, 12:14 AM)Benton Wrote: Yeah! Graham is the man! Like when he said he'd raise hell if Sessions was fired... then said the POTUS needed an AG who was willing to play ball.

For so long I thought Graham and McCain were cut from the same cloth.

They definitely were not.  
(03-20-2019, 07:32 PM)Dill Wrote: For so long I thought Graham and McCain were cut from the same cloth.

They definitely were not.  

I liked a lot of what McCain advocated. He was mostly consistent and I find that respectable. Graham usually supported him, so I assumed he was a similar kind of guy, even though I agreed with him less. 

But apparently Graham was just trying to ride some coat tails. 
more attacks today.

The word "horrible" was used to describe McCain for voting against the GOP healthcare bill. The word "evil" was also used to describe the dossier connection.

(03-19-2019, 10:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My boy Graham nailed it:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/romney-calls-out-trumps-attacks-on-heroic-mc-cain-235059131.html

(03-19-2019, 10:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, Graham probably stands up to Trump far more than most of the GOP (Just goggle Graham disagrees with Trump). Of course he'll support the party line and agree with him too. 

(03-20-2019, 12:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Everybody has their opinions. 

Graham seems to have many:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/23/mueller-report-lindsey-graham-trump-1233186

Quote:Sen. Lindsey Graham recounted how his relationship with President Donald Trump went from rocky to smooth but did not mention Trump’s repeated criticism of the late Sen. John McCain. | Susan Walsh/AP Photo

Graham delivers laughs — and loyalty — at Mar-a-Lago dinner
The event came just hours after news that special counsel Robert Mueller had completed his investigation and submitted a report to the Justice Department.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
PALM BEACH, Fla. — Sen. Lindsey Graham delivered a rousing speech behind closed doors at Mar-a-Lago on Friday night, joking about the prospect of President Donald Trump opening a hotel in Jerusalem and asking the crowd whether they’d like to see former Rep. Trey Gowdy on the Supreme Court.

With Trump looking on, Graham lavished the president with praise, ticking off a list of his accomplishments, including the booming economy, the elimination of Islamic State strongholds in Syria and the moving of the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.

“There will be a Trump hotel there in 10 years,” Graham said, according to three people present for his remarks. Two of the people stressed that the comment was a joke and the crowd laughed in response.

The senator also gave a shout-out to Gowdy, who represented a district in Graham’s state of South Carolina until earlier this year. When Graham jokingly asked the crowd whether it wanted to see Gowdy on the Supreme Court, the guests applauded. Gowdy, the former House Oversight Committee chairman, attended the event and was seen mingling with the president.

Graham recounted how his relationship with Trump went from rocky to smooth. “We found a lot in common. I like him, and he likes him,” Graham said, according to one of the people who attended. But Graham did not mention Trump’s repeated criticism of his longtime friend late Sen. John McCain of Arizona.

We’re hosting a live chat on Reddit with former federal investigators who worked on some of the biggest cases since Watergate and our senior reporter, Darren Samuelsohn. Join us on Monday, March 25 at noon ET.
Submit your questions in advance here.

Graham was the keynote speaker at the annual Lincoln Day Dinner, a fundraiser for the Palm Beach County Republican Party. Graham’s appearance at the event was announced in February.

When asked to comment on the speech, Kevin Bishop, a spokesman for Graham, told POLITICO that the senator “speaks off the cuff.” Asked why Graham didn’t defend McCain to the audience after Trump’s attacks on him, Bishop noted that Graham talked about the matter on Monday and Tuesday in South Carolina.

None of the speakers at the event directly addressed Friday’s long-awaited news that special counsel Robert Mueller had completed his investigation and submitted a report to the Justice Department, according to people who attended.

“Nobody mentioned anything, other than all of us saw our phones and knew the report dropped,” one of the attendees said.

The attendee said Graham’s speech, which was peppered with jokes, easily eclipsed last year’s keynote speech from Sarah Palin.

“She decided she was making a policy speech,” the person said. “It was terrible.”

In past years, the event has been open to the media. But reporters were barred from entering this year. When Palm Beach County Republican Party Chairman Michael Barnett said at the start of the dinner that there were no journalists at the event, guests applauded.

Among the attendees: Donald Trump Jr. and his girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle, Florida Lt. Gov Jeanette Núñez, Florida Rep. Brian Mast, former Florida Rep. Mark Foley, Republican National Committee Co-chairman Tommy Hicks Jr. and conservative activist James O’Keefe. Former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi was the emcee.

Attendees were served a multicourse meal. The dessert plate — chocolate mousse — featured a piece of white chocolate covered with a picture of Abraham Lincoln wearing a “Keep America Great” hat. Tickets for the fundraiser started at $375, with sponsorship packages going as high as $25,000.

Aides had suggested the president would not attend, saying he planned to spend the night having dinner with his family. But Trump couldn’t resist, making the short trek to the nearby gold-trimmed ballroom where the event was being held after dining with first lady Melania Trump and their son.

The president took the stage, introducing Graham and joking, “If Lindsey’s speaking, I want to come down here for two reasons. No. 1: He’s a great speaker. And No. 2: I know if I’m here, he’s not going to say anything bad about me,” according to a video of his remarks obtained by POLITICO.

Graham spoke for about 30 minutes, according to another person who attended the event. Trump remained in the room for the senator’s remarks and left soon after.

The senator repeatedly tossed out what one of the attendees called “red meat” for the conservative crowd, calling for an investigation into Hillary Clinton and the circumstances surrounding the creation of a largely unverified dossier about Trump’s alleged ties to Russia. He also complained about alleged Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act abuse, an issue that he is investigating as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

At the mention of Clinton, the crowd began chanting, “Lock her up!” But Graham offered a different view. “Don’t lock her up! We want her to run again,” he said, prompting roaring laughter.

He also touched on immigration. "Until Trump got elected, I never heard one Democrat say we don't need a wall,” Graham said. He then poked fun of the names he has been called over his immigration stances, mentioning "Lindsey Grahamesty” and “Lindsey Lopez."

Graham’s speech was “pretty typical Lindsey,” said one of the people who attended.

Not really "standing up" to Trump much there.  Maybe DJT is right and it's because he was in the same room?

Graham's a weasel. Don't know why he'd be "your boy". But he's a weasel that supports Trump 98% of the time so maybe that's it?
(03-25-2019, 10:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: Graham seems to have many:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/23/mueller-report-lindsey-graham-trump-1233186

Not really "standing up" to Trump much there.  Maybe DJT is right and it's because he was in the same room?

Graham's a weasel. Don't know why he'd be "your boy". But he's a weasel that supports Trump 98% of the time so maybe that's it?

So Trump announces in the intro that Graham has a propensity to speak out against him, but he didn't do it at this particular fundraiser so now he's a weasel. Bottom line: The dude called out Trump for hos remarks on McCain and I applaud him for doing so.  

Graham has serves the Nation both as an elected official and Military man for decades. He only retired from Military service when he was forced to by law.

Graham often steps across the aisle to work for a solution. There are many reasons to like Trump but despite what you and some others suggest; it's not because he supports Trump. 

Hell the reason I might like him the most is his answer at a Presidential debate when he was asked what he would do if Sanders won the DNC bid and he said: "Get drunk celebrating; because Sanders would not carry one state". 

So as I often tell your alt. You can stop with the amateur psycho- analysis, because you're not very good at it.  

(03-25-2019, 07:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So Trump announces in the intro that Graham has a propensity to speak out against him, but he didn't do it at this particular fundraiser so now he's a weasel. Bottom line: The dude called out Trump for hos remarks on McCain and I applaud him for doing so.  

Graham has serves the Nation both as an elected official and Military man for decades. He only retired from Military service when he was forced to by law.

Graham often steps across the aisle to work for a solution. There are many reasons to like Trump but despite what you and some others suggest; it's not because he supports Trump. 

Hell the reason I might like him the most is his answer at a Presidential debate when he was asked what he would do if Sanders won the DNC bid and he said: "Get drunk celebrating; because Sanders would not carry one state". 

So as I often tell your alt. You can stop with the amateur psycho- analysis, because you're not very good at it.  

Trump said Graham wouldn't say anything bad about him because he was there.  That makes him a weasel.  I don't care about his military service anymore than I care about anyone else's when they do crappy things.

I'll thank them for signing up to do something good...that doesn't preclude them from being an arse or being a bad person.

Maybe his oath keeps him from standing up to Trump as strongly as he did to the Democrats during the Kavanaugh hearing?

Not sure who my "alt" is...I do know accusing such things is bad form...but if I were to take a guess I'm spot on that Graham will do whatever makes Graham look good and keep Graham in office.  So he can say "Trump shouldn't say such things" all he wants but when he goes to Mar A Lago and yuls it up at a fundraiser for Trump he's a two-face weasel in my book.  And not one I support (or don't) simply because of political party.

I truly think that if someone was still making disparaging comments about one of my dead friends I'd say more than Graham has about your boy DJT and I sure as heck wouldn't help him fundraise for anything as Id want him as far from the public eye as possible. Maybe that's just my morals versus his.
(03-25-2019, 08:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump said Graham wouldn't say anything bad about him because he was there.  That makes him a weasel.  I don't care about his military service anymore than I care about anyone else's when they do crappy things.

I'll thank them for signing up to do something good...that doesn't preclude them from being an arse or being a bad person.

Maybe his oath keeps him from standing up to Trump as strongly as he did to the Democrats during the Kavanaugh hearing?

Not sure who my "alt" is...I do know accusing such things is bad form...but if I were to take a guess I'm spot on that Graham will do whatever makes Graham look good and keep Graham in office.  So he can say "Trump shouldn't say such things" all he wants but when he goes to Mar A Lago and yuls it up at a fundraiser for Trump he's a two-face weasel in my book.  And not one I support (or don't) simply because of political party.

So you don't like Obama because he hosted Trump during the inauguration? 

Or maybe, just maybe, politicians do political stuff at times. Who knows maybe including things that will make them look good and keep them in office. 

I just found it odd that you and others took offense to Graham in a post I shared him calling out Trump. 

(03-25-2019, 08:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you don't like Obama because he hosted Trump during the inauguration? 

OK...that's just dumb.  The former POTUS toasting the next at a formal event versus Graham fundraising at Trump's private resort.  Try harder.

Or should I ask if you respect Obama for speaking out against Trump and his slurs?  Cool

(03-25-2019, 08:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Or maybe, just maybe, politicians do political stuff at times. Who knows maybe including things that will make them look good and keep them in office. 

Sure they do.  Lot's of them are weasels that way. Graham is one of them.  But he's "your boy" so no one should say it?

(03-25-2019, 08:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just found it odd that you and others took offense to Graham in a post I shared him calling out Trump. 

Because he turned around and few days later is cracking wise and glad handing with him.  A man of actual moral character would not do that.  I'm surprised someone would defend Graham doing it (and cite his military career) when Trump is slamming another military man.

But I suppose nothing should really surprise me around here anymore.
(03-25-2019, 08:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: OK...that's just dumb.  The former POTUS toasting the next at a formal event versus Graham fundraising at Trump's private resort.  Try harder.

Or should I ask if you respect Obama for speaking out against Trump and his slurs?  Cool

Sure they do.  Lot's of them are weasels that way. Graham is one of them.  But he's "your boy" so no one should say it?

Because he turned around and few days later is cracking wise and glad handing with him.  A man of actual moral character would not do that.  I'm surprised someone would defend Graham doing it (and cite his military career) when Trump is slamming another military man.

But I suppose nothing should really surprise me around here anymore.

The fundraiser was a formal event. I do respect Obama for putting his personal opinions aside and honoring decorum during the inauguration. I do not like the break from tradition he was participated in by slurring the current POTUS and actively campaigning against him.

Folks are free to say whatever they want; I have stopped no one.

You stick with your assertion of "a man of actual moral character" wouldn't put his personal opinions aside to host a fundraiser. From what I read he did nothing to honor Trump during the event.

Yeah, of all the folks around here that shouldn't be surprised, you can go right to the top of the list.