Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
John McCain
(09-04-2018, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Everything that was said was probably said at the wish of John McCain.  Look at the plans he himself made.

Y'all just pissed cause John got the last word and your boy can't pitch a little squealy fit at a dead man. 

You have zero idea what McCain wanted said. His action lead me to believe he wanted Trump to be no part of it.

The twist you are trying to employ has already been addressed.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-04-2018, 11:57 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So I guess the answer is yes from you three.  I seriously don't know what's worse, Trump's behavior or the reactions of people perpetually outraged by him.  Rational people literally have no side to pick, depressing is not a strong enough word for it.

Meh, maybe I'm just another nutcase but when I stop and say "Donald Trump is the president of the United States of America" I find it hard to expect any semblance of sanity to emerge.  Honestly, watching people lose their crap while Obama was in office did look sort of fun, so I'll get on board now with the "THE SHIP IS SINKING" crowd.

Trump hain't gonna be the president forever, after all.
If McCain's goal was to "stick it to Trump" at his funeral; as many are asserting. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have invited him and then stick it to him while he was there?

(09-04-2018, 12:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If McCain's goal was to "stick it to Trump" at his funeral; as many are asserting. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have invited him and then stick it to him while he was there?

Possibly.  I'd imagine Trump taking notes and making plans for how he's going to stick it to a list of people at his funeral.
(09-04-2018, 11:57 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  Rational people literally have no side to pick.

Rational people just give their own opinion and do not depend on a group to define them.

If you think there is no one out there who dislikes both Trump and Maxine Waters then you need to expand your sources of information.
(09-04-2018, 12:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If McCain's goal was to "stick it to Trump" at his funeral; as many are asserting. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have invited him and then stick it to him while he was there?

No.  The snub was the ultimate slap in the face.

Trump probably would have refused to go since he was not going to be surrounded by sycophants.
(09-04-2018, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1. No.  The snub was the ultimate slap in the face.

2. Trump probably would have refused to go since he was not going to be surrounded by sycophants.

1. It should have been, but unfortunately it was not. McCain's actions suggest he wanted Trump to be no part of the remembrance. The "logic" of I don't want him there but I want you to refer to him makes 0 sense. Out of sight, out of mind is more logical to me.

2. That would have spoken poorly for Trump.

(09-04-2018, 12:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. It should have been, but unfortunately it was not. McCain's actions suggest he wanted Trump to be no part of the remembrance. The "logic" of I don't want him there but I want you to refer to him makes 0 sense. Out of sight, out of mind is more logical to me.

Yeah so "out of mind" that Trump supports are still squealing their heads off about it days later

McCain played Trump and his followers perfectly.  I am pretty sure he talked to his daughter about what she was going to say at the funeral.  And I doubt if she would disobey his dying wishes.
(09-04-2018, 12:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah so "out of mind" that Trump supports are still squealing their heads off about it days later

McCain played Trump and his followers perfectly.

But aren't they "squealing their heads off" about the comments and not the snub? Personally I just think the comments detracted from McCain.

You can have your opinion on the matter and I'll have mine. Mine is McCain wanted Trump to have no role in his remembrance.

(09-04-2018, 12:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mine is McCain wanted Trump to have no role in his remembrance.

One thing that stood out to me watching it on Saturday was that it was the 'Whos Who' of DC politics from past & present attending. From Bob Dole to Henry Kissinger to Clintons to Bush to Obama to Kerry to you name them, they were there. But who wasn't there, the current POTUS who wasn't invited.

It was almost as if McCain knew this, and by not having Trump there it was his way of telling him you are not one of us, you are not part of the club.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(09-04-2018, 12:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But aren't they "squealing their heads off" about the comments and not the snub? Personally I just think the comments detracted from McCain.

You can have your opinion on the matter and I'll have mine. Mine is McCain wanted Trump to have no role in his remembrance.

Maybe he WANTED people to talk about bringing decency back into politics too.

Maybe that's what upsets the Trump supporters/defenders....that their boy (your boy) just happens to be the poster boy for having a lack of decency in politics.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-04-2018, 12:53 PM)Millhouse Wrote: One thing that stood out to me watching it on Saturday was that it was the 'Whos Who' of DC politics from past & present attending. From Bob Dole to Henry Kissinger to Clintons to Bush to Obama to Kerry to you name them, they were there. But who wasn't there, the current POTUS who wasn't invited.

It was almost as if McCain knew this, and by not having Trump there it was his way of telling him you are not one of us, you are not part of the club.

And that irks Trump as much as anything.

Always wanting to be part of...something.

Never good enough.

I wish his daddy had hugged him more.

That's only if Trump was going to take the high road and attend. I'm not sure what Vegas would put the odds at of Trump taking the high road, but I'd say "not great."

Otherwise, it would just be one more embarrassing insult lobbed from a Commander in Chief at a veteran and public servant.
How about after the funeral Saturday when Trump tweeted out one word, "MAGA". Who was this for, his base or Meghan?
(09-04-2018, 07:52 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: How about after the funeral Saturday when Trump tweeted out one word, "MAGA". Who was this for, his base or Meghan?

It was for his base in response to Meghan's comments and it was appalling.

(09-04-2018, 07:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It was for his base in response to Meghan's comments and it was appalling.

She was probably just getting her dislike of Trump off her chest.

He was just being himself.
Shit like this is what Trump should be called out for:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-apos-never-fan-171049581.html

Quote:I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be,” Trump told reporters at the White House, answering a question before a meeting with Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro.

It matters not if every word of it is true. To continually slur a Veteran such as McCain is every bit as despicable as choosing not the pay respects during the anthem. I truly hope a Military Vet throws his/her hat in the ring for 2020 and can educate Trump on this ignorance.

(03-19-2019, 08:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Shit like this is what Trump should be called out for:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-apos-never-fan-171049581.html

It matters not if every word of it is true. To continually slur a Veteran such as McCain is every bit as despicable as choosing not the pay respects during the anthem. I truly hope a Military Vet throws his/her hat in the ring for 2020 and can educate Trump on this ignorance.

Not even a vet. The guy is dead. Let it go.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-19-2019, 09:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not even a vet. The guy is dead. Let it go.

My boy Graham nailed it:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/romney-calls-out-trumps-attacks-on-heroic-mc-cain-235059131.html

Quote:“John McCain is an American hero. He stepped forward to serve his nation. He risked his life. He spent five-and-a-half years in horrendous conditions as a prisoner of war. He’s one of the most consequential senators in the history of the body. Nothing will ever change that,” Graham 
Quote:told the Washington Post on Capitol Hill. “When he received the dossier, he turned it over to the FBI, it’s what he should have done. He didn’t turn it over to the press, other people did. So he’s my friend. I told President Trump that when it comes to John McCain, I think he acted responsibly. He’s an American hero and nothing will ever change that in my eyes. I want to help this president. I want him to be successful. I’ll help him where I can, but push back when I need to. When it comes to criticizing Sen. McCain and his service, I think that’s a huge mistake.”

(03-19-2019, 10:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My boy Graham nailed it:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/romney-calls-out-trumps-attacks-on-heroic-mc-cain-235059131.html

Graham and McCain were tight.  Then he died and now Graham and Trump are tight.

Nice to hear him say it, but it rings hollow when he doesn't stand up to DJT most of the other times.

Probably because Graham just wants to share some spotlight.