• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Miller released

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good we can do better
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:47 PM)pally Wrote:

Last year's bad signings are getting pink slips.

It's looks like Mike Brown has figured out that his bargain bin searches were not helping the team.

Reply/Quote
Maybe they will trade for Gabe Jackson or maybe there thinking about playing Fred Johnson at RG ?
Reply/Quote
Now this one is a surprise. A weak position group gets weaker.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:47 PM)pally Wrote:

Have we ever cut this many guys at the point in the off season?

I hope and pray the FO replaces these players with better ones for 2020. But it makes sense, you can't and should not do business as usual when you were arguably and by record worst team in the NFL last year,
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I hope this doesn’t mean Price will be a starter...

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I don't know what this indicates, but I hope it demonstrates Brown family/Tobin/Taylor have an actually plan. It appears to be unfolding that we're signing defensive free agents and gearing up for a Burrow/offensive focused draft.

Maybe we're dealing Dalton for an OL?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:55 PM)pally Wrote:

Aha! This is the sentiment I was trying to capture in my own post.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to choose to have faith this time and believe this means an upgrade is coming. Of course, Frosty the Snowman is an upgrade over John Miller, and Billy Price is the offensive lineman equivalent of coffee diarrhea.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
If the cut takes place after 4 it can become a Jun 1 cut (along with Dre) which would save $3.9 million this year

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:56 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Aha! This is the sentiment I was trying to capture in my own post.

Exactly what I was gonna say. I don't think they would get rid of a serviceable player at one of their weakest spots unless there was another move in the works.
Reply/Quote
Conventional wisdom says you don't make this move without another move we haven't heard about yet. If the plan was internal they could have waited until they got the rest of things figured out. The cut news leaked first but I am guessing a trade or signing will release later today.
Reply/Quote
Thuney and a pick for Dalton and Green...lots of contracts to rework but make it happen!!
Reply/Quote
Thuney for Dalton straight up. Let's make it happen.

Or

Gabe Jackson for Carl Lawson or a pick.
Reply/Quote
You have to think something is already in the works if they are releasing a starter.
Reply/Quote
Zac was kind of late to the party last year. Maybe some of this is his doing or influence.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 01:09 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Zac was kind of late to the party last year.  Maybe some of this is his doing or influence.

You mean, "A New Dey"?  LMAO
Reply/Quote
Yes. I’m having more faith now. It appears the Bengals know they can do better there trade must be coming.
Reply/Quote