Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross
(09-23-2018, 06:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He wasn't worth a top 10 pick but I think people need to relax a bit on him.  This is what his 3rd start in his career give the kid a bit of a break.

It should be his 19th game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It should be his 19th game.

Well it isn't so what's your point?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It's time to call off the Johnathon Ross Project and play him only as his production earns it.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He wasn't worth a top 10 pick but I think people need to relax a bit on him.  This is what his 3rd start in his career give the kid a bit of a break.

yeah, then his 8th game, then his 2nd year then... so on and on....

He was drafted #1 overall and he had an opportunity to rise up when AJ was out, at least be competent like Boyd. Didn't happen. We once had a WR named Simpson, that's who Ross reminds me of.  Jerry
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:13 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Well it isn't so what's your point?

My point is that it wouldn't be only his 3rd game if he were better at playing football.  How is "sat the bench for 16 games" an excuse for his crappy play?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:17 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: yeah, then his 8th game, then his 2nd year then... so on and on....

He was drafted #1 overall and he had an opportunity to rise up when AJ was out, at least be competent like Boyd. Didn't happen. We once had a WR named Simpson, that's who Ross reminds me of.  Jerry

Actually Simpson was better. So far John Ross has more NFL plays resulting in turnovers than resulting in positive yards. 
Reply/Quote
Needs to hear this speech from Merv, specifically abut not giving up on an INT.

“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My point is that it wouldn't be only his 3rd game if he were better at playing football.  How is "sat the bench for 16 games" an excuse for his crappy play?
He was hurt for the majority of the time it wasn't really his fault or Marvins. You act like it was healthy scratches when it really wasn't.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm not giving up on him quite yet but i wouldn't mind seeing him replaced in the starting lineup.
Reply/Quote
Anybody hear the Lapham audio on the play Ross quit on??? That might be the hardest I've ever heard him go after a Bengals player. Pretty telling and maybe an indicator of what the coaches/players think of Ross for Lapham to roast him like that.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:24 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He was hurt for the majority of the time it wasn't really his fault or Marvins. You act like it was healthy scratches when it really wasn't.

Then they should have IR-ed him in the pre-season and spared him the indignity of his 2017 season.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Malone let one bounce off his chest that caused an interception, but I can forgive that a lot easier than someone who just quits on his route. And, this is not the first time Ross has done this. I think he should be pulled from the starting lineup for awhile until he gets his head out of his arse. Green, Boyd, Erickson, Malone and Tate. Let Ross sit for a game or two and think about it.
Reply/Quote
At this point just cut Ross and put Boyd out there with Green and use Erickson as the third receiver.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:24 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He was hurt for the majority of the time it wasn't really his fault or Marvins. You act like it was healthy scratches when it really wasn't.

If the problem is that he's not ready, then they need to play someone else until he's ready.  But I don't think you can use lack of playing time for fundamental mistakes like not catching the ball or quitting on a play.
Reply/Quote
Ross is a bust...plain and simple. Itd be one thing if he just had a little case of the dropsies, that can be overcome. But to quit on routes, to not get separation on a deep seam(despite being the fastest on the team) and to cause interceptions, might be too much to overcome.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, Malone let one bounce off his chest that caused an interception, but I can forgive that a lot easier than someone who just quits on his route. And, this is not the first time Ross has done this. I think he should be pulled from the starting lineup for awhile until he gets his head out of his arse.  Green, Boyd, Erickson, Malone and Tate. Let Ross sit for a game or two and think about it.

Ross used his " I play when I want to play" card today. Randy Moss would be proud.
Reply/Quote
Thing that bothers me is he just doesn’t even look at fast... every time I see him run, it never wows me. Even his deep route he ran today, that CB stayed with him the whole time.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:39 PM)thillan Wrote: Thing that bothers me is he just doesn’t even look at fast... every time I see him run, it never wows me. Even his deep route he ran today, that CB stayed with him the whole time.

He's looking like a crappier version of Darius Heyward Bey thus far, I'll admit.
Reply/Quote
Did anyone hear Lapham's call on that play? I heard it on the post game.... that's about as close as I've ever heard Lap lose his crap on a the radio. If he could have reached out and choked him, I think he would have.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He's looking like a crappier version of Darius Heyward Bey thus far, I'll admit.

At this point, Id kill for Bey's production and he was mediocre at best
Reply/Quote