Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross
I take back all the bad stuff I said about Marvin for not playing Ross. He has major bust written all over him !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:48 PM)sonofstat Wrote: But we both know that is nonsense.  

Calvin Ridley went off again today for atlanta.  Ross was a top 10 pick partly because he was meant to be an immediate contributor. Good players can contribute quickly irrespective of position.

The Ross debate is getting dangerously close to Ogbuehi territory now - i.e we will be in year 3 still arguing about why its not happening and it will turn around the next game/season....

Good points, I will add that late in the game, when the Bengals could have really used a first down;  Andy was under pressure and flushed, he threw the ball to the stick for a 1st down, Ross was standing 5 yards before the sticks, looking like he was wondering why the ball went where it did.

It's pretty clear that he doesn't get the offense, and has zero instincts about what to do when a play breaks down.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Good points, I will add that late in the game, when the Bengals could have really used a first down;  Andy was under pressure and flushed, he threw the ball to the stick for a 1st down, Ross was standing 5 yards before the sticks, looking like he was wondering why the ball went where it did.

It's pretty clear that he doesn't get the offense, and has zero instincts about what to do when a play breaks down.

Ross' issues and upside have "late round flier" written all over them.  It stanks he was a top 10 pick.
Reply/Quote
Not ready to throw Ross in the trash heap but he definitely needs to lose some play-time.

If AJ is healthy Ross should be 4-5th receiving option.

AJ, Boyd, TEs, Malone, Ross, Core

In that order.

He just hasn't shown enough to merit anything more since draft status/40 time.

Hell Mixon and Gio are probably over him in my book and they're RBs !

No... I didn't forget about Erickson but he probably should be kept to ST's mostly.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Then they should have IR-ed him in the pre-season and spared him the indignity of his 2017 season.
The probably should have 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:30 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Anybody hear the Lapham audio on the play Ross quit on???  That might be the hardest I've ever heard him go after a Bengals player.  Pretty telling and maybe an indicator of what the coaches/players think of Ross for Lapham to roast him like that.

uh oh..that's not good. is there any link to that?

Hey , on the message board we are all allowed to sound off but when Lap highlights stuff it does normally have some credibility , element of truth from within the organization.  Hope ross turns it around but he's putting more pressure on himself
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:08 PM)sonofstat Wrote: uh oh..that's not good. is there any link to that?

Hey , on the message board we are all allowed to sound off but when Lap highlights stuff it does normally have some credibility , element of truth from within the organization.  Hope ross turns it around but he's putting more pressure on himself

Dalton seemed pretty hot on the sideline as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:37 PM)Roland Wrote: If the problem is that he's not ready, then they need to play someone else until he's ready.  But I don't think you can use lack of playing time for fundamental mistakes like not catching the ball or quitting on a play.

The 3rd int was either a miscommunication on a bad route or just a plain bad throw by Dalton. I think it looks worse than it actually was on Ross's part. Also he made a great catch that set up a TD.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The fact that EVERYONE (booth, sidelines et al) was hot at Ross after that is conclusive proof that the INT was 100% on Ross.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:30 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Anybody hear the Lapham audio on the play Ross quit on???  That might be the hardest I've ever heard him go after a Bengals player.  Pretty telling and maybe an indicator of what the coaches/players think of Ross for Lapham to roast him like that.

That was my favorite part of the game today. Lap ripped his ass more than i've ever heard him rip anyone. He was piiiiiiiisssssed. 

And, john ross is turds. The bengals won't cut him so hopefully he's just inactive the rest of the year.

F him

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:17 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The 3rd int was either a miscommunication on a bad route or just a plain bad throw by Dalton. I think it looks worse than it actually was on Ross's part. Also he made a great catch that set up a TD.

Not even remotely close. Not only did he stop running, he didn't even look back toward the LOS. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
After what i read about Ross this offseason, sitting him right now will do no good. He doesn't seem to have the mental toughness to handle that.

Bengals are screwed. Just cut the guy.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That was my favorite part of the game today. Lap ripped his ass more than i've ever heard him rip anyone. He was piiiiiiiisssssed. 

And, john ross is turds. The bengals won't cut him so hopefully he's just inactive the rest of the year.

F him

I've tried to be patient with Ross, my patience is very, very thin now. In fact I hope he doesn't dress for a game or two.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:39 PM)thillan Wrote: Thing that bothers me is he just doesn’t even look at fast... every time I see him run, it never wows me. Even his deep route he ran today, that CB stayed with him the whole time.

To be fair that was a 4.3 db.
Reply/Quote
My patience with him is gone, and no I do not care how many games he has played. He has constant lapses in concentration and his technical play at WR has made Jerome Simpson look like Jerry Rice.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've tried to be patient with Ross, my patience is very, very thin now. In fact I hope he doesn't dress for a game or two.

I get the redemption story angle. Ross is beyond that. He's just done, mentally, as a Bengal. And i'm way over him right now. 

He makes one good play, then turns around and makes 4 or 5 bad ones.

Reply/Quote
I'm totally going to bump this thread in 2 years when Ross wins a SB with the Pats...or something.
Reply/Quote
He isn't tough. He isn't dynamic. He can't even do the one thing he should be able to (catch deep balls). He seems to give up on plays way too quickly. He can't contest jump balls. He seems to not actually know what the playcall is.

He's a shit player.

When we drafted him, I tried to reconcile with the idea. I tried to be optimistic. But it was a dumb pick and a waste of a top 10 pick.

Give Erickson all his snaps and this offense improves.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I wish I could go back to 2017 when so many people were furious Ross was on the bench and tell them that 3 games into 2018 we were done with Ross.  Wacky.

To what end?  What a bizarre thing to say.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:24 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Needs to hear this speech from Merv, specifically abut not giving up on an INT.

I don't know who that guy is, but I think we should hire him as our head football coach.
Reply/Quote