Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross
(09-23-2018, 09:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Honestly, it's not his hands i'm worried about. It's his brain.

Got anyone in mind for that analogy?

Ebby Calvin “Nuke” LaLoosh and his 10 cent head?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Didn’t he play DB some in college? Can we salvage something out of the pick of this WR thing doesn’t work out?

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 09:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ebby Calvin “Nuke” LaLoosh and his 10 cent head?

[Image: Winner.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 09:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Didn’t he play DB some in college? Can we salvage something out of the pick of this WR thing doesn’t work out?

Wasn't Ross doing something bizarre with the scout team last year?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 09:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Honestly, it's not his hands i'm worried about. It's his brain.

Got anyone in mind for that analogy?

Yeah. Carson Palmer. He quit on the team too.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 09:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yeah. Carson Palmer. He quit on the team too.

I think most of us would be fine with Ross refusing to play right about now lol

Reply/Quote
Guess I'm alone in this but I still think Ross can turn it around. He DID make a clutch 3rd down conversion on one of the TD drives. Fingers crossed he can do more of that and less of the dropsies.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 09:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yeah.  Carson Palmer.  He quit on the team too.

(09-23-2018, 09:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think most of us would be fine with Ross refusing to play right about now lol

Exactly. Carson quit but i don't think you can call him weak-minded.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 09:33 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Guess I'm alone in this but I still think Ross can turn it around. He DID make a clutch 3rd down conversion on one of the TD drives. Fingers crossed he can do more of that and less of the dropsies.

It's not that he's incapable of making a play. It's that his ratio of good to bad is really bad. And there's no sign that it's going to end any time soon. 

Reply/Quote
Year 2 and he is still just giving up on routes. Even if you ignore his lack of hands, the lack of effort is unacceptable in any player.

Apparently benching him won't work, since he didn't learn after last year, so it is time to trade him for a 5th round pick to someone.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I've been a big Ross defender and still hope he can turn his career around. That said; the play where he gave up on the route resulting in an interception and the other where it looked like Dalton threw a perfect deep ball but Ross short armed it were completely unacceptable.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 08:53 PM)Millhouse Wrote: He ran a really fast 40 at the combine in shorts and a t.

For some reason he thinks he only has to run 15 yards in a real game ?

Remember the go route early last season he quit on ? It defies logic
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 09:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yeah.  Carson Palmer.  He quit on the team too.

I'm sure we will be trading Ross for multiple high picks any minute now.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not even remotely close. Not only did he stop running, he didn't even look back toward the LOS. 

Yeah, based on Lap's reaction I think once we see the all-22 it will look even worse.  By the time the TV shot cut to him he realized that the ball was thrown and was running again. 

I think part of the problem with Ross is that he was never a good fit for Dalton.  His quickness off the line is impressive but he can't seem to catch the ball on a quick release.  Even if his track speed translates to football speed Andy Dalton doesn't have the arm strength to make hay on him just out running people.

Ross had just three receptions on seven targets, and two of those turned into interceptions.  Of the other players with catches, only Malone was below 50% (3/1) and he too had one turned into an interception.  Dismal.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:24 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Needs to hear this speech from Merv, specifically abut not giving up on an INT.

I like that Marv, little bit of passion and fire! Shame he died about a decade ago.

The look on Coles face is priceless lmao he just had a funny lookin face in general though
Reply/Quote
Drafting Ross set this franchise back 3 years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Ross is a nice kid who people fell in love with over his speed. Let's cut the bullshit and call it like it is, the guy is not ready and has 0 fight in him. Dosent even look like he wants to be out there, guess he fits perfectly on a Marvin/Andy team. Will he get it together some day, maybe but even so we wouldn't know what to do with him. I guarantee if Pitt drafted him he would be totally different. He is a reflection of this soft ass coach and QB. This team lacks the grit, discipline and balls to play with the big boys period. Dalton plays fine at times but still makes boneheaded decisions and looks like a rookie at times still. Ross had a lot to do with the Int's but Dalton is just as guilty throwing a lame duck on 2nd down. I want to see the Andy that made something happen when he found Boyd in the end zone, it was a nice play but honestly franchise QB's make that play every game without their fans thinking twice about it. It dosent matter that this team lost today, they are doomed as long as Marvin and Andy are still here. This team will never win the SB with these clowns, might not even win a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:54 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Ross is a nice kid who people fell in love with over his speed. Let's cut the bullshit and call it like it is, the guy is not ready and has 0 fight in him. Dosent even look like he wants to be out there, guess he fits perfectly on a Marvin/Andy team. Will he get it together some day, maybe but even so we wouldn't know what to do with him. I guarantee if Pitt drafted him he would be totally different. He is a reflection of this soft ass coach and QB. This team lacks the grit, discipline and balls to play with the big boys period. Dalton plays fine at times but still makes boneheaded decisions and looks like a rookie at times still. Ross had a lot to do with the Int's but Dalton is just as guilty throwing a lame duck on 2nd down. I want to see the Andy that made something happen when he found Boyd in the end zone, it was a nice play but honestly franchise QB's make that play every game without their fans thinking twice about it. It dosent matter that this team lost today, they are doomed as long as Marvin and Andy are still here. This team will never win the SB with these clowns, might not even win a playoff game.

Ding ding ding We have a Winner, Johnny. 
Reply/Quote
Lap lambasted Ross again in the Radio Guys recap.  He says that Ross was the number one option on that play and he stopped.  I went back and looked.  You don't need the all 22 view to confirm it.  You can see it on the replay from the end zone view.  About the moment Dalton throws it Ross goes into a slow trot and kind of casually looks back at Dalton and sees that he's already released it.  Then he can't even find the ball to try to make a play on it.  Horrible.  Comment is about a minute in.

http://www.bengals.com/video/radio-guys-recap-week-3-at-carolina

I really hope that Ross was a case where Mike Brown made the call that they had to have this guy.  I don't want to think that Tobin and the other guys on the staff would so grossly misjudge this guy's capability and fit with the team.  
Reply/Quote
If Ross has kept running that post route full speed, that throw from Dalton would have been extremely off. More people need to rewind the tape to see the errant throw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote