Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross
So I don't know  much of Ross's background and decided to do some research. Going with WIkipedia,  I'm disappointed to what I find:

College career

"Ross played in all 13 games as a true freshman at Washington in 2013. He finished the year with 16 receptions for 208 yards and one touchdown as a receiver and had 720 kick return yards and a touchdown.[7] In 2014, he played in 13 of 14 games, with seven starts as a receiver and four as a cornerback. That season, he had 17 receptions for 371 yards and four touchdowns as a receiver, 12 tackles and an interception as a cornerback, and had 938 return yards and two touchdowns.[8][9] Ross missed the 2015 season after suffering a torn ACL during spring practices.[10] Ross returned from the injury in 2016 and had five receptions for 90 yards with two receiving touchdowns and a kick return touchdown in his first game back against Rutgers.[11][12][13] On January 3, 2017, Ross announced his decision to forego his senior season and enter the NFL Draft.[14] On February 10, 2017, it was revealed that Ross was diagnosed with a torn labrum in his shoulder. He injured his shoulder earlier during the 2016 season, and re-aggravated it on December 31 in a loss against Alabama in the 2016 Peach Bowl in the College Football Playoff. The injury required surgery, but Ross decided to put it on hold until after the NFL Scouting Combine and pro day workouts.[15] "

So he was out for 1 season with a torn ACL, and then ON TOP OF THAT, he decides to forego his Senior year!! WHAT? you serious??? Then ON TOP OF that, he  plays a good chunk of another year as a CORNERBACK?!?!?!?!?! This really boils my blood. With all this baggage, the cincinnati bengals draft a hardly season proven player. Now I know why Marvin dislike this guy. WTH decided to draft this kid in the bengals org. So if we go by everyone's reasoning, not only is he still a "rookie" because he missed last season, he is still a "college" player. FFS!!!!! Now I really dislike everything to do with this player. With his dropsies reputation he's gaining, I can see why he played cornerback in high school and college. Maybe to save face for being a bust draft pick, we can put him with Kirkpatrick to help him out. His stats doesn't make him a #1 draft pick. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ross_(American_football)
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Ross has kept running that post route full speed, that throw from Dalton would have been extremely off. More people need to rewind the tape to see the errant throw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, horrible throw and horrible job by Ross
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Ross has kept running that post route full speed, that throw from Dalton would have been extremely off. More people need to rewind the tape to see the errant throw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is 100 percent besides the point... the throw was not the best and it is a mistake made by all qbs around the league. Even "elite" qbs. Essentially, it is common.

What ross did by stopping in the middle of the field on his route is not acceptable at any level of football. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote