Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross-illness
Ross is doubtful for this weekend after missing another practice with an illness. Zac said he was having stomach issues. The cynic in me is wondering if his stomach issues are the equivalent of Joe Mixon's preseason migraines. If he knows he isn't going to play and he will be either traded or released, why would he risk injury playing on the scout team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He's missed more than 3 weeks highlighting a mismanagement of the roster with the new IR rules.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 03:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: He's missed more than 3 weeks highlighting a mismanagement of the roster with the new IR rules.

Anyone can manage a roster with the benefit of hindsight.

You have no clue what the doctors were saying 3 weeks ago.
Reply/Quote
I shouldn't have to. I'm just a member of the board. However if the docs weren't thinking this was a month long thing (same Docs who examined Atkins) that's an issue with them and not me personally.

Either way it's a mismanagement (again) given the new IR rules.

Reply/Quote
Stomach issues for 3 weeks? If I was his doctor I'd tell him to take some Pepto and quit watching his game tapes. Their enough to give anyone the runs....
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 03:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Stomach issues for 3 weeks? If I was his doctor I'd tell him to take some Pepto and quit watching his game tapes. Their enough to give anyone the runs....

Stomach issues for 3+ weeks. 

He's got to be about a buck 25 by now. 

So it'll be another 3 weeks for him to put back on some weight.

Reply/Quote
I hope his confidence is ok.
Reply/Quote
Ross has a terminal case of bench-ass.
Reply/Quote
stomach issues = gutless
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 03:44 PM)pally Wrote: Ross is doubtful for this weekend after missing another practice with an illness. 

I wish I had that much SICK LEAVE myself!Jerry
Reply/Quote
Well the good new is if he misses very many more games, he'll still be a rookie next year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Given his stress/anxiety related issues, it would not surprise me if Ross has something like acute gastritis or Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Or even worse, Diverticulitis.

It may be tactic to keep him out due to his request to be traded but if it is IBS or Diverticulitis, it hurts like hell and would be difficult to play.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone can manage a roster with the benefit of hindsight.

You have no clue what the doctors were saying 3 weeks ago.

The doctors were saying he ain't no good... Put in Higgins.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Worst case of the yips I ever seen in football.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 04:38 PM)jason Wrote: The doctors were saying he ain't no good... Put in Higgins.

Pt - Ross, John

Hx - not much, sadly...functionally still a rookie

Sx - lack of confidence, turnover prone, route-running issues, bad hands

Dx - bench-ass, terminal

Tx - better WRs on field

Rx - weekly dose of Higgins, prior Rx of new HC, new OCs, and new QBs have proven ineffective
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 03:44 PM)pally Wrote: Ross is doubtful for this weekend after missing another practice with an illness.  Zac said he was having stomach issues.  The cynic in me is wondering if his stomach issues are the equivalent of Joe Mixon's preseason migraines.  If he knows he isn't going to play and he will be either traded or released, why would he risk injury playing on the scout team

I don't think it matters if he's sick, healthy, sad, irritated or has his head stuck up his ass, he'd be inactive this weekend anyways.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 04:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Worst case of the yips I ever seen in football.

John Ross DNA magnified a gazillion times

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It would be nice to get 6th rounder for him.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 04:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It would be nice to get 6th rounder for him.

Being as JR was a former 1st Rounder can we get any Compensation for him if someone signs him in FA? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 05:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Being as JR was a former 1st Rounder can we get any Compensation for him if someone signs him in FA? 

From what I got about those compensatory picks, no. They are calculated based on (new) salary and accomplishments like playing time and postseason honors. Draft round doesn't seem to factor in the secret formula.
Reply/Quote