Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
John Ross is a ........
slot receiver and nothing more......why do we keep trying to throw him deep balls?

Yes he's fast but he doesn't have the size or fire to go up for jump balls

use him in the slot, get him in space and utilize his speed......why is this so hard?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
...is going to be a free agent after his rookie contract is up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
... not as valuable as a coverage LBer for this team.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Is a bum
Reply/Quote
Kid scores a TD (and should have had another) yesterday and he’s a bum. This fandom is priceless.

Reply/Quote
Ross could’ve had 3 TDS if Andy has placed it in front of him. He underthrew him twice.

What should’ve been a breakout game is deemed a failure. However, I will say that I would’ve liked to at least seen him jump and fight for the one in the middle of the end zone. Think his momentum was already carrying him forward.
Reply/Quote
It's so hard because he doesn't have reliable hands and doesn't run reliable routes. More INT's to come with this move.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
John Ross is a 2nd year WR, in a league where it typically takes 3 for WR's to develop, unless your someone on the level of AJ or Julio or in that mold. Wasnt Boyd worth the wait? He was in my eyes. Totally different WR in his 3rd year.
Reply/Quote
John Ross was terrified yesterday, trying to catch that imperfect ball from AD.

The only thing that could have hurt ross there was the ball to his facemask, or the gaol post.

He is going to get laid out by an Andy lofter, right across the middle soon, and then we wont see him until 2020 when trump is re-elected.
Reply/Quote
player who simply was drafted a round too high.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:09 PM)bengaloo Wrote: John Ross is a 2nd year WR, in a league where it typically takes 3 for WR's to develop, unless your someone on the level of AJ or Julio or in that mold. Wasnt Boyd worth the wait? He was in my eyes. Totally different WR in his 3rd year.

Boyd was a 2nd round pick.  When a team drafts a receiver in the first round it is usually expected that they at least can put up decent numbers fairly soon.  Granted he has had injuries but he still seems to play without much drive or heart.  Maybe that is something he can develop but he hasn't really shown it so far when he has been on the field.  As a Bengals fan I hope he can turn it around but I'm going to remain skeptical for now.  

In hindsight it sure would have been interesting if the Bengals had drafted JuJu instead. But of course it is often a case of what could have been.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
gonna be alright.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:13 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: player who simply was drafted a round too high.

True. But Mixon could have easily gone in the 1st if not for his incident. Just pretend we swapped those picks.

Reply/Quote
...top 10 draft pick with the (adjusted) expectations of a 3rd to 5th round "take a flyer on a fast guy" pick...and not living up to them.
Reply/Quote
...person gifted with gazelle like speed, and cursed with alligator arms and the courage of an opossum.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:09 PM)thillan Wrote: Ross could’ve had 3 TDS if Andy has placed it in front of him. He underthrew him twice.

What should’ve been a breakout game is deemed a failure. However, I will say that I would’ve liked to at least seen him jump and fight for the one in the middle of the end zone. Think his momentum was already carrying him forward.

This.   Even the one long connection from Driscoll he had to slow up for, and it became a contested catch (unnecessarily) that he won.

I have not been a fan of Ross at all, but they don't use him right or throw him open.  He is not just a slot receiver.   He's not there yet, but his failures yesterday were at the QB position.

The QBs wait too long to throw, and consistently underthrow him.
Reply/Quote
Faster than Andy's arm.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Kid scores a TD (and should have had another) yesterday and he’s a bum. This fandom is priceless.

He quit on two balls thrown his way yesterday after doing it in multiple games previous. He is a bum. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:22 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Boyd was a 2nd round pick.  When a team drafts a receiver in the first round it is usually expected that they at least can put up decent numbers fairly soon.  Granted he has had injuries but he still seems to play without much drive or heart.  Maybe that is something he can develop but he hasn't really shown it so far when he has been on the field.  As a Bengals fan I hope he can turn it around but I'm going to remain skeptical for now.  

In hindsight it sure would have been interesting if the Bengals had drafted JuJu instead.  But of course it is often a case of what could have been.

JuJu is a stud, and was in college.  But we were looking for the deep threat defined by speed.     So often guys like JuJu don't pan out in the pros.  I didn't want to draft Ross, but didn't want to draft JuJu in the first round either.

JuJu will always be the better pro, but I do think Ross will develop if they start throwing him open instead of making him slow up to catch the ball.
Reply/Quote
A fast little girl.
Reply/Quote