Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
John Ross is an absolute bust
(10-27-2018, 03:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Downtown Eddie Brown!

Hell yeah!!!  The good ole' days. 

O.J. and Jimmy the Greek were still in the broadcast booth and you could hang your head high as a Bengals fan!
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 04:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think they are afraid that if he did a Crossing route or a slant that he would get killed across the middle

He catches it or gets killed!! Win/Win!!
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 08:53 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: There have been some things that were shown by him I don't like.

He quit on some routes, and got jammed when Dalton did throw deep to him occasionally.

I do believe the O-Line affects the ability to actually use him more frequently on some deep routes.

Dalton loves him some AJ and the others run shorter higher percentage routes so Ross is probably low on his reads.

I'm not ready to give up on him or call him a bust just yet.

The injuries are real and not just message board opinions.

It is a point of concern. 

I've seen two routes where he quit.

I also believe that Lazor needs to use him more than just a post route guy. He can run a ton of different routes. I would like to see slant routes to him or even quick screens if they play far off.

Injuries are definitely a concern. There's no denying that.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 04:03 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Hell yeah!!!  The good ole' days. 

O.J. and Jimmy the Greek were still in the broadcast booth and you could hang your head high as a Bengals fan!

Yeah man....those were the days. Riverfront rocked.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 04:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah man....those were the days. Riverfront rocked.

Yeah it did!! I used to  describe riverfront the same way as my wife " it might be ugly, but she's mine"
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 03:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Get out of here with this shit. Whatever

Don't have no love affair you weird bastid. You must have a hate affair.

Ross is listed as 5'11" 3/4" 190 lbs

Pretty much 6 foot, you must of been standing on a hill.

Somebody needs to find the pics of Ross again for this guy people. Dude is delusional in his hate.

I am just trying to be fair here. Been disappointed in Ross and his quitting on routes is undefendable but i will still
root for the guy and his talent is undeniable. I will call out your SOFT argument though, it is sad and has no backing.

Size is not the problem, lots of players his size can take hits and so can he. He comes up lame on his own.

That is the concern.

He’s obviously cut.

[Image: usatsi_9915417.jpg]

Here he is next to 6’4 AJ Green.

[Image: indianapolis-indiana-usa-09th-sep-2018-c...PK2K27.jpg]

This claim that he’s too small, or “looks small” is really weird.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 10:03 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yep.....I was hoping for around 400 yards or so....that's not much to ask.  This guy hasn't even come close to that in TWO seasons.

The board is unbearable?  LOL.....nah, but shit man, for a #9 overall pick, you'd hope to have gotten more than a handful of games, a critical fumble, several drops, and quitting on routes.  C'mon Housh.....you trash the QB and a few others at any opportunity you get, but this guy gets a pass?  PPPFFFFFTTTTT.

He gets a pass because his career is so young

Talk to me in his 4th year
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 04:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s obviously cut.

Thank you Nicomo. I know, really weird.

Bet this Bengalsturntup dude doesn't even respond to these pics that prove him completely incorrect in his claim. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 05:37 PM)Housh Wrote: He gets a pass because his career is so young

A top ten pick.........4th year.........seriously ???

Shocked
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 07:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: A top ten pick.........4th year.........seriously ???

Shocked

Jadeveon Clowney was the #1 overall pick and only had 4.5 sacks his first two seasons. Started in 11 games and played in 17.

Since then, he's been voted to the Pro Bowl twice. 20 sacks in his last 3 years (including this year).

Gerald McCoy was the #3 overall pick and had only 4 sacks his first two seasons, playing 19 games.
Next two years? 14.5 sacks and playing in 32 games.

Sure, those are exceptions. But I guarantee people were thinking the same with those two players their first two years.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 08:01 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Jadeveon Clowney was the #1 overall pick and only had 4.5 sacks his first two seasons. Started in 11 games and played in 17.

Since then, he's been voted to the Pro Bowl twice. 20 sacks in his last 3 years (including this year).

Gerald McCoy was the #3 overall pick and had only 4 sacks his first two seasons, playing 19 games.
Next two years? 14.5 sacks and playing in 32 games.

Sure, those are exceptions. But I guarantee people were thinking the same with those two players their first two years.

I hear ya, I'm not saying Ross should be all world already. WR and CB are typically two of the slower to develop positions. I understand

But he's on pace now for like 16 games and 14 catches at the 3 year mark. That's not good enough for a #9 pick. He's got to step up his game, we need him !

The quitting on routes and not fighting/coming back for the ball don't help his case either.
Reply/Quote
Mommy can i play football in the Nfl ,i know i just graduated elementary.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 04:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s obviously cut.

It's not the size of his body that is in question, as much as the size of the fight in his heart.  So far, the fight in his heat looks small, really small..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 05:37 PM)Housh Wrote: He gets a pass because his career is so young

Yep....should be around 14 catches for 201 yds and 4 TDs by then. Mellow 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 08:31 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Mommy can i play football in the Nfl ,i know i just graduated elementary.

If you're going to try and make a point that someone is too small to play in the NFL, you really should graduate yourself and learn how to post a pic.  Just sayin'...
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I would call him a bust only if balls are thrown to him and doesn't make any plays...
"Glass Man" is a better nick name I say..
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 02:11 AM)grampahol Wrote: Trade him for Billy Hamilton. Billy will never learn to hit and the Bengals don't need leadoff hitters that hit in the pitchers spot.. It's a win/win for both teams!  John Ross can do the same thing Hamilton does for the Reds I bet..standing around being terrible .

thank marvn for another bust.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 09:29 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: thank marvn for another bust.

I don't think Marvin wanted Ross.  The excuse for why Ross did zilch positive his rookie year was that Marvin was refusing to play him.
Reply/Quote
John Ross is a bust and will never be a consistent producer on this team
Reply/Quote
I expect to see Ross' game improve vastly next season.

I heard an interview with Houshmandzadeh early in the season, and he said the kid's game is still very raw in a lot of areas because of the way he was utilized in college. He was given very limited route options and thus was never coached on the change of direction foot work the NFL requires to run the whole tree. TJ had a packed schedule this past offseason, but was able to work with him a short time and said he showed vast improvement, however they were only able to scratch the surface in the time constraint. This coming year they are already commited to getting together as soon as the season ends and continuously throughout the offseason to hone his skills.

I have to assume that a guy who made a career of working his ass off every play will definitely hammer home that quality during their sessions.
Reply/Quote