Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross on leave
Tom Pelissero has reported that John’s son and the boy’s mother have both tested positive for COVID. He has left for LA to be with his son. Likely he will go on the COVID list. He will have to test negative before he can return

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This is disappointing as he was not exposed, but chose to go take the time off which is his right.

However he is likely going to be behind/get exposed to the virus/possibly get the virus/ etc. His season looks to be a wrap.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 12:47 PM)pally Wrote: Tom Pelissero has reported that John’s son and the boy’s mother have both tested positive for COVID. He has left for LA to be with his son. Likely he will go on the COVID list.  He will have to test negative before he can return

And it begins...going to be an interesting season with all the different ways players will get impacted by Covid
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
wish his family a speedy and healthy recovery. At least he will still be a rookieWink
Reply/Quote
Prayers to the family
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 01:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: This is disappointing as he was not exposed, but chose to go take the time off which is his right.

However he is likely going to be behind/get exposed to the virus/possibly get the virus/ etc. His season looks to be a wrap.

TF? Say What

If he tests negative in 3 weeks, after the virus has run its course with his family, he'll be back.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 01:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: This is disappointing as he was not exposed, but chose to go take the time off which is his right.

As long as he is smart and careful he should be ok.  That means he wears a mask constantly in the house.  He has to be religious about washing his hands everytime he interacts with his son.  Its not going to be easy because he is dealing with pre schooler but it can be done

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 02:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: TF? Say What

If he tests negative in 3 weeks, after the virus has run its course with his family, he'll be back.

Ross can't stay healthy or pick up a playbook when he's had a full offseason and preseason to prepare. 

No offseason, no preseason, no camp and possibly covid, and you think he'll not miss a beat? 

I doubt it. If there is anyone on the roster that needs the time and work it's Ross. 

I don't knock him for his decision, but it's likely going to have lasting effects. Let's be honest with ourselves given what we know of Ross's struggles, and need for healthy reps, and practice. Also the likelihood he will catch the virus being around the kid and mother of his child, so there will be those complications that could complicate things.

Reply/Quote
This... Is why the NFL should've followed the NBA or NHL models.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 02:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ross can't stay healthy or pick up a playbook when he's had a full offseason and preseason to prepare. 

No offseason, no preseason, no camp and possibly covid, and you think he'll not miss a beat? 

I doubt it. If there is anyone on the roster that needs the time and work it's Ross. 

I don't knock him for his decision, but it's likely going to have lasting effects. Let's be honest with ourselves given what we know of Ross's struggles, and need for healthy reps. Also the likelihood he will catch the virus being around the kid and mother of his child, so there will be those complications that could complicate things.

This and this.   Just really unfortunate.   If it was just his kid I'd say monitor from a distance unless things get too scary.   But for both his kid and his wife have it, he really needs to be there.

But I do not see how he does not get it if both of them have it.

Bummer
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 02:38 PM)jason Wrote: This... Is why the NFL should've followed the NBA or NHL models.

Easier said than done. Looking @ 80 players per a team plus personal. Vs NBA which has 15 players per a roster. That's a lot more people in a single place. With that being said every single team should have there own individual Bubble. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 02:45 PM)J24 Wrote: Easier said than done. Looking @ 80 players per a team plus personal. Vs NBA which has 15 players per a roster. That's a lot more people in a single place. With that being said every single team should have there own individual Bubble

That sounds like an expense MB would be against. But teams are doing this (Saints, and someone else I read, but can't remember). 

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 02:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: That sounds like an expense MB would be against. But teams are doing this (Saints, and someone else I read, but can't remember). 

Maybe but wouldn't just be like an extended training camp.
It's the Falcons, Cowboys, and Saints that are doing it.
J24

Reply/Quote
Can’t knock him for his decision here. Good on him for being the father figure his family needs during these tough times.

From a football perspective, ya, it sucks, but it gives other guys more quality reps, which if previous seasons are any indication of Ross’ availability for this season, is a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 02:45 PM)J24 Wrote: Easier said than done. Looking @ 80 players per a team plus personal. Vs NBA which has 15 players per a roster. That's a lot more people in a single place. With that being said every single team should have there own individual Bubble. 

Then use the NHL hub cities example. It's not like this situation snuck up on the NFL. They went the rah rah opening weekend on time in full stadiums approach for months... Wasting time. I'm afraid the product will suffer because of it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 02:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Can’t knock him for his decision here. Good on him for being the father figure his family needs during these tough times.

From a football perspective, ya, it sucks, but it gives other guys more quality reps, which if previous seasons are any indication of Ross’ availability for this season, is a good thing.

I'd knock him if he didn't leave.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 02:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: That sounds like an expense MB would be against. But teams are doing this (Saints, and someone else I read, but can't remember). 

I think it's Atlanta.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 03:05 PM)jason Wrote: Then use the NHL hub cities example. It's not like this situation snuck up on the NFL. They went the rah rah opening weekend on time in full stadiums approach for months... Wasting time. I'm afraid the product will suffer because of it.

But this situation has nothing to do with how the NFL is doing things.  The teams could be in a dome and John would still leave the safety of the dome to take care of his family on the outside.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 03:09 PM)pally Wrote:  But this situation has nothing to do with how the NFL is doing things.  The teams could be in a dome and John would still leave the safety of the dome to take care of his family on the outside.

Aren't NHL and NBA families in the bubble and hub cities too?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 03:19 PM)jason Wrote: Aren't NHL and NBA families in the bubble and hub cities too?

not right now. They'll be permitted with precautions during the playoffs

Reply/Quote