Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
John Ross record breaking pace.
(09-27-2019, 12:03 PM)PDub80 Wrote: John Ross needs to and can get much better. No question. But, how could anyone not be encouraged by his 2019? The sample size is just now getting going. A year from now, ok. But I am willing to be super positive with Ross through 2019 if he keeps up big games. TO is a receiver who comes to mind where drops were a major issue early in his career. Like, a major problem. He fixed it. Hoping Ross can as well.

Agreed about Ross PDub80. He needs to get much better at catching the ball but damn is the guy a game breaker.

I understand some hate on the man for dropping balls and especially quitting on routes which is unacceptable.

The straight sarcastic hate that some emulate on here gets me angry though.

Tries his ass off out there and just hasn't got it together yet.

BTW, TO sure dropped a few balls wearing stripes....
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 12:24 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I am sure that is what Packer fans are saying after last night's game.

Mistakes happen, even simple ones.The difference there is that the Packer's QB makes a mistake after long stretches of excellence that spans over many consecutive seasons and a Superbowl title. The Bengal's QB makes that mistake after 6 completions.

If someone cannot tell the difference they are absolutely, positively, dumb as a post.
Reply/Quote
Sometimes it seems that with Ross every single throw to him in his mind should be a huge play even when all they need is a 1 yard gain for 1st down so unless it's a play for a minimum of 15 yards his mind kind of clicks off. He thinks he's going to take that 1 yarder to the house or nothing.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 12:28 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Mistakes happen, even simple ones.The difference there is that the Packer's QB makes a mistake after long stretches of excellence that spans over many consecutive seasons and a Superbowl title. The Bengal's QB makes that mistake after 6 completions.

If someone cannot tell the difference they are absolutely, positively, dumb as a post.

Whatever you say Coach. Yawn
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 12:28 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Mistakes happen, even simple ones.The difference there is that the Packer's QB makes a mistake after long stretches of excellence that spans over many consecutive seasons and a Superbowl title. The Bengal's QB makes that mistake after 6 completions.

Dalton tries to get the ball out too fast and it is easy to bat those balls down.

It is predictable and my main criticism of him right now. That and his pocket awareness.

Almost seems like he is not seeking to be great. I want that in my QB.

And I have always been a Dalton supporter.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 11:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Maybe in yds, but what about scoring? They have only scored more than 17 points once in 3 games (and that was only 20).

You need to be able to win a shootout, and be capable of putting up 30+

Cincinnati is 29th in the NFL in regards to scoring TDs in the red zone. They are at 37%.
They are 30th in points per red zone appearance at 3.75.
They are 21st in red zone scoring attempts per game at 2.7.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 12:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dalton tries to get the ball out too fast and it is easy to bat those balls down.

It is predictable and my main criticism of him right now. That and his pocket awareness.

How does it seem that way? I feel like no one can know that unless he's explicitly said it.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 12:52 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Whatever you say Coach. Yawn

Hey, no prob. Now, just like that emoji, open wide so I can spoon feed you some more.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 12:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dalton tries to get the ball out too fast and it is easy to bat those balls down.

Andy is an A+ person and I think he busts his butt and tries incredibly hard to be his absolutete best.

That being said, AD is 2-8 over his last 10 starts and the Bengals are 1-10 over their last 11 games. Something, or perhaps many somethings, has to change.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 01:34 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Hey, no prob. Now, just like that emoji, open wide so I can spoon feed you some more.

Thanks again Einstein. Your sophomoric posts are fun to read.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 12:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed about Ross PDub80. He needs to get much better at catching the ball but damn is the guy a game breaker.

I understand some hate on the man for dropping balls and especially quitting on routes which is unacceptable.

The straight sarcastic hate that some emulate on here gets me angry though.

Tries his ass off out there and just hasn't got it together yet.

BTW, TO sure dropped a few balls wearing stripes....

At the end of the day, people will remember yards, TDs, and wins.
No one will remember the dropped passes...unless it sealed the fate of a Super Bowl or something.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 12:03 PM)PDub80 Wrote: John Ross needs to and can get much better. No question. But, how could anyone not be encouraged by his 2019? The sample size is just now getting going. A year from now, ok. But I am willing to be super positive with Ross through 2019 if he keeps up big games. TO is a receiver who comes to mind where drops were a major issue early in his career. Like, a major problem. He fixed it. Hoping Ross can as well.

If Ross continues his improvement when AJ returns then we could see a rejuvenated offense but if he fades into oblivion until we enter the red zone like last year then its time to move on. He has had basically one great game in three years, so I for one,  am not ready to anoint him as the next coming of Jerry Rice.
Reply/Quote
steelers are thin in the secondary... Hopefully John Ross can have another big day..
Reply/Quote

well he almost has to get the ball out fast... or get sacked.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think he’s on record pace anymore.
Reply/Quote