Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
John Ross record breaking pace.
(09-25-2019, 12:34 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Ross provides the Bengals offense a dimension that no other WR,
Possess. The run after catch ability to simply out run every defender
To the house. Even fast CBs.
Now that AJ has been MIA.....that part of his game is that much
More crucial.
Alex Erickson can't out run defenders.
Ross's dropped passes is just a part of his game maturation
Which looks better overall ?    Ross's 7 drops and 3 TDS .292 receiving ......or Erickson's paltrey 40 yds no drops and no TDs?

Where was he last Sunday ? I guess it was Andys fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 03:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: >

ESPN's QBR is about as useful as tits on a bull.

(09-24-2019, 11:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote:  

I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize it was 20%-of-the-targets bad.

Plus a fumble and I believe 2 poorly run routes.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 02:38 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Where was he last Sunday ? I guess it was Andys fault.

Look around the NFL. How many WRs dominate week to week on a consistant basis ?  It's foolhardy to think Ross was going 
To repeat his Seahawk perfornance for 15 more weeks
How is Juju Smith Schuster fairing this year? How about DeAndre Hopkins 
He's not even in the top 10 in receiving yards 
All WRs one week put up monster numbers then their production goes south .
Sometimes DC are smart enough to lock down premier 
Targets. And sometimes WRs can exploit any coverage thrown 
Their way 
It's the nature of the position 
Oh about Andy. 
He choked on that final 1.54 drive 
Rewatch the pass the Tate. 
Dalton is more a concern than Ross now m
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 03:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Look around the NFL. How many WRs dominate week to week on a consistant basis ?  It's foolhardy to think Ross was going 
Their way 
Oh about Andy. 
Be extra careful , blaspheming Dalton will get you in trouble with the Dalton Gang.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 03:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Look around the NFL. How many WRs dominate week to week on a consistant basis ?  It's foolhardy to think Ross was going 
Their way 
Oh about Andy. 

I think, IF we could run block/run better it would be easier for the WR's. Until AJ comes back, teams are going to have the means to take Ross or Boyd out of the game. With Green, that's going to be basically impossible without someone else being open.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 04:57 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Be extra careful , blaspheming Dalton will get you in trouble with the Dalton Gang.

re: Dalton - He's not great and probably not the guy to lead this team deep into the playoffs, BUT the roster has probably 6-7 starting holes.

Without Green though, the passing offense has been respectable. With Green, it should be maybe a Top 10 unit.
Reply/Quote
Andy has been a good QB for many years now
He's gone through way too many OCs in his tenure
His oline since Whit left has done him no favors
But if your deep in Bills terrority. I expect a 9 year
Vet to find the end zone. Not throw a INT on simple crossing route
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 03:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize it was 20%-of-the-targets bad.

Maybe Marvin Lewis sent him some nasty texts before the game and got him feeling all self-conscious.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 06:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe Marvin Lewis sent him some nasty texts before the game and got him feeling all self-conscious.

Well he does have a lot of free time on his hands. 

Why not use those idle digits to make the marionette dance a bit?

Marvin always did have a weird thing against "midgets" too.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If John Ross broke a record, it's because someone threw it to him frisbee style and he dropped it...
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 02:38 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Where was he last Sunday ? I guess it was Andys fault.

All WRs have bad games here and there.
In AJ Green's 3rd year (same year Ross is in now), he had 6 games under 70 yards, 3 of which were under 50 yards, and 1 of those was only 7 yards.
It happens.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 03:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ESPN's QBR is about as useful as tits on a bull.

I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize it was 20%-of-the-targets bad.

Yes, the drops are bad, but at least it's not drops+no statistical production. At least Ross is making something out of the balls he is catching.
Also, watch the fumble closer. Ross is in the process of going down to the ground when the ball gets knocked out. I don't really see the fumble as a gaffe on Ross. Sometimes fumbles just happen without the player doing something wrong.

Maybe with Tate starting now over Willis, that will give the Bengals another good option to throw to rather than force feeding Ross and Boyd.
Surprised people aren't talking about Willis, who was a starter at the beginning of the year, only having 36 yards to date. Or Eifert and Uzomah, neither of whom has more than 66 yards to date.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 11:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: He's also interesting because every time he's involved in a play he's a legitimate threat to halt any progress we have upon a dime.  As someone who wants to be entertained, I'm beyond fine with this.  

Exactly.  He may break open the game for either team at any time.  If the defense hadn't made a play last weekend his fumble may have turned the Bills game down the same path as the 49ers game.

Here's the Rorschach test for people's take on Ross this year.   If Ross being near the top in receiving yards is a "bright spot" or indicates some kind of big break out, or however you want to look at it - does Dalton being near the top in yards not deserve the same characterization?  

The answer is that neither stat deserves that much attention because it's largely based on one fluke game where Seattle had no idea what to expect from Taylor or Ross.   
Reply/Quote
Andy & Ross are Marvin's guys. They need to be gone before things get better here.    Dead Horse

:giggle:< Definitely my guys.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 09:32 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Andy & Ross are Marvin's guys. They need to be gone before things get better here.    Dead Horse

:giggle:< Definitely my guys.

I think it's pretty clear Ross was never Marvin's guy. Ross was Tobin's and Zampese's guy.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 05:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: re: Dalton - He's not great and probably not the guy to lead this team deep into the playoffs, BUT the roster has probably 6-7 starting holes.

Without Green though, the passing offense has been respectable. With Green, it should be maybe a Top 10 unit.

As of right now, the Bengal's pass offense is 3rd in the NFL at over 300 YPG.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2019&seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&role=TM&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&d-447263-s=PASSING_NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG

Why do you say top 10 when in reality without Green thus far they are 3rd? The facts for 2019 show 3rd to date.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 11:35 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: As of right now, the Bengal's pass offense is 3rd in the NFL at over 300 YPG.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2019&seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&role=TM&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&d-447263-s=PASSING_NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG

Why do you say top 10 when in reality without Green thus far they are 3rd? The facts for 2019 show 3rd to date.

Hey Luvnit what's up buddy? Long time no talk.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 11:35 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: As of right now, the Bengal's pass offense is 3rd in the NFL at over 300 YPG.

Maybe in yds, but what about scoring? They have only scored more than 17 points once in 3 games (and that was only 20).

You need to be able to win a shootout, and be capable of putting up 30+

Reply/Quote
John Ross needs to and can get much better. No question. But, how could anyone not be encouraged by his 2019? The sample size is just now getting going. A year from now, ok. But I am willing to be super positive with Ross through 2019 if he keeps up big games. TO is a receiver who comes to mind where drops were a major issue early in his career. Like, a major problem. He fixed it. Hoping Ross can as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 05:21 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Andy has been a good QB for many years now
He's gone through way too many OCs in his tenure
His oline since Whit left has done him no favors
But if your deep in Bills terrority. I expect a 9 year
Vet to find the end zone. Not throw a INT on simple crossing route

I am sure that is what Packer fans are saying after last night's game.
Reply/Quote