Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2016 Training Camp Thread
I thought it was interesting that Tom Coughlin was at the practice today.

[Image: CphM8DNXgAAGqbY.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Sounds like we are having a better day today. Some early red zone struggles but good stuff since. They did say Boyd once again looked good. This tweet came from a vikings reporter, so I'll take her word since she pointed out when we were bad yesterday.

Reply/Quote
CincyJungle posted videos that show what I said I was worried about with Dalton having no time to throw the ball.

Most of the pressure did seem to be coming from the LT, so let's hope Whit can still get it done and Fisher improves/develops.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 12:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sounds like we are having a better day today. Some early red zone struggles but good stuff since. They did say Boyd once again looked good. This tweet came from a vikings reporter, so I'll take her word since she pointed out when we were bad yesterday.

If our line isn't going against the Vikings defense, I don't put much weight into that (unless she meant our defense is doing great on their field, but it doesn't sound like it).
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 12:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If our line isn't going against the Vikings defense, I don't put much weight into that (unless she meant our defense is doing great on their field, but it doesn't sound like it).

she is watching the Vikings offense against our defense. On the other field is our offense versus their defense.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 12:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sounds like we are having a better day today. Some early red zone struggles but good stuff since. They did say Boyd once again looked good. This tweet came from a vikings reporter, so I'll take her word since she pointed out when we were bad yesterday.

Man, Boyd has had one hell of a camp. I can't wait to see him in game action.
Reply/Quote
More than anything I was just trying to ease some fears. Honestly, Pacman talked about how they hadn't watched film or anything it was just line up and practice. I am not too worried about a practice, but it's good that after seeing the other guys it at least got better, even if only slightly.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 01:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, Boyd has had one hell of a camp. I can't wait to see him in game action.

That is what I am most excited about for tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 01:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, Boyd has had one hell of a camp. I can't wait to see him in game action.

I also am super excited to see him some tomorrow!  I actually watched a number of Pitt games the last two seasons and no doubt he was by far the best player on the field on either side of the ball in the games I watched.  I was ecstatic when he was still there in the 2nd round!  At Pitt he looked like a second or third year pro playing in college, and I'm definitely a homer, but if he can secure WR2 status by week 3 or 4 (assuming Lafell performs average during that time), I honestly think Boyd could be in the running for AFC Offensive ROY consideration... Rock On
Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner Jr. ‏@pauldehnerjr · 26m26 minutes ago

One of those days again for the #Bengals offense. Well, everyone except Tyler Boyd, who turned out a really nice practice.

Paul Dehner Jr. ‏@pauldehnerjr · 29m29 minutes ago

Can feel the frustration from A.J. Green after another failed red zone play. I cut off video before NSFW language.

Sounds like another poor day for Offense. No Zimmer, No Hue, mixed with an admitted Camp Cupcake (to avoid injury go figure) and doesn't look good for Offense so far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 02:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr. ‏@pauldehnerjr  · 26m26 minutes ago  

One of those days again for the #Bengals offense. Well, everyone except Tyler Boyd, who turned out a really nice practice.

Paul Dehner Jr. ‏@pauldehnerjr  · 29m29 minutes ago  

Can feel the frustration from A.J. Green after another failed red zone play. I cut off video before NSFW language.

Sounds like another poor day for Offense. No Zimmer, No Hue, mixed with an admitted Camp Cupcake (to avoid injury go figure) and doesn't look good for Offense so far.

Thanks for the update.  Though I am not at all concerned about practice today, or the preseason very much for that matter.  More concerned about week 1 with our real first team offense Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 02:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr. ‏@pauldehnerjr  · 26m26 minutes ago  

Paul Dehner Jr. ‏@pauldehnerjr  · 29m29 minutes ago  

We didn't have Zimmer the year before and the defense was fine, so not worried about that. No hue is yet to be determined, but I don't worry about practices because often times there are themes and such for the day that may not work, or need fixed. In the course of the game mixing up play calls and scheming make a big difference versus practice. I am curious to see how Friday goes though, but even still it's always tough to tell. You'd have thought our season was over after the TB preseason game last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 02:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like another poor day for Offense. No Zimmer, No Hue, mixed with an admitted Camp Cupcake (to avoid injury go figure) and doesn't look good for Offense so far.

Well our season is going to come down to whether or not our 1st and 2nd round picks from last year can get it done this year.  It's the first real action of the year and the Vikings defense is a good one, so they have some time get things in order.  But not all that much time.  And it apparently is not just Fisher.

But it's a major concern, not just a flash in the pan concern over one bad performance like the preseason game in Tampa. This is two days in a row.   Both these guys got reps last season - not a huge amount, but they got reps and it sounds like they're a sieve at this point.  My biggest concern about these two has been that Alexander (and Lewis) get too preoccupied with measurables and athleticism.   Both these guys had performance issues on the field before they were drafted and before Ogbuehi got hurt.  If they can't get up to NFL level play we will have a very long season.

And I'm annoyed that they won't say which receivers are dropping the ball, but it sounds pretty much like it's everyone except Boyd...

Hope the boys can turn things around.  The good news is that this type of practice gives them a good idea of where they're at and what they need to do.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 02:58 PM)3wt Wrote: Well our season is going to come down to whether or not our 1st and 2nd round picks from last year can get it done this year.  It's the first real action of the year and the Vikings defense is a good one, so they have some time get things in order.  But not all that much time.  And it apparently is not just Fisher.

But it's a major concern, not just a flash in the pan concern over one bad performance like the preseason game in Tampa. This is two days in a row.   Both these guys got reps last season - not a huge amount, but they got reps and it sounds like they're a sieve at this point.  My biggest concern about these two has been that Alexander (and Lewis) get too preoccupied with measurables and athleticism.   Both these guys had performance issues on the field before they were drafted and before Ogbuehi got hurt.  If they can't get up to NFL level play we will have a very long season.

And I'm annoyed that they won't say which receivers are dropping the ball, but it sounds pretty much like it's everyone except Boyd...

Hope the boys can turn things around.  The good news is that this type of practice gives them a good idea of where they're at and what they need to do.

They acted like LaFell had a good day yesterday. If our first unit of Green, LaFell, and Boyd are good we will be fine. All reports are Boyd is as good, possibly better, than advertised. I like that Uzomah has been having such a good camp as he could line up split out and be a nice mismatch even when Kroft and Eiffert are healthy. As for the Tackles they will learn. The video from yesterday I saw seemed to be Fisher having most the issues. I the Ogbuehi will be fine, but obviously will have some bad moments.

I am just glad football is back.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 05:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: Peko survives yet again!

You say that like that's a bad thing, having a tough reliable lineman who usually never gets hurt....
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 03:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You say that like that's a bad thing, having a tough reliable lineman who usually never gets hurt....

It was in jest, should have used ninja face. In reality though, I think Billings had a shot to push for the starting job and any time you miss out on a chance to improve AND get younger it is a blow.
Reply/Quote
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-Vikes-tune-for-tune-up-in-Zim-Bowl/d18d9802-68ae-4d99-9a00-0dd21ba55051

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote