Poll: Should Jonah be extended in the off-season
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams
He disappears in every big game and has been owned by TJ Watt and Myles Garrett. The LT position needs to be filled by a core player and he is clearly not that right now.

On a side note the Bengals need to hire O line Expert for the draft process because Duke hasn't drafted a good linemen since Zeitler in 2012.

His last 5 top 100 picks on the Line have been disappointing or down right disasters.

Jonah- Meh at best
Carmen- complete disaster
Price- Complete disaster
Fisher- complete disaster
Ogbuehi- complete disaster
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Probably the worst game he’s had as a pro. It’s hard for me to believe Adeniji would be any worse. That was a benching-worthy performance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Like I've mentioned in the game day thread people believed in his Pass block efficiency coming into the year which pushed up his PFF score but he gave up more negative plays in 2021/22 than any player on the Bengals line. In 2022 he has been worse we are talking worse than Bobby Hart....

Some of this is scheme like tonight we seen ZERO screen plays vs a strong Browns front after seeing WR and TE screens the last couple weeks.. still Jonah isnt a guy you throw money at for the future.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I do believe the bengals value o-linemen. I really do

The problem is they seem to not be good at evaluating them.

Something has to be done in that department
Reply/Quote
Jonah is not the long term answer at LT..This season is probably lost, we have to obtain a quality LT,CB,and pass rusher next year plain and simple..
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:07 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I do believe the bengals value o-linemen. I really do

Agree 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:03 AM)J24 Wrote: He disappears in every big game and has been owned by TJ Watt and Myles Garrett. The LT position needs to be filled by a core player  and he is clearly not that right now.

On a side note the Bengals need to hire O line Expert for the draft process because Duke hasn't drafted a good linemen since Zeitler in 2012.  

His last 5 top 100 picks on the Line have been disappointing or down right disasters.

Jonah- Meh at best
Carmen- complete disaster
Price- Complete disaster
Fisher- complete disaster
Ogbuehi- complete disaster

Agree

Zeitler was the last time the Bengals actually hired a O-line expert to tell them who to pick. Because he told Zeitler should be there target they were able to trade down and still get him and add a 3rd round pick. Believe Sanu was the extra selection.  

Yep its time to hire an expert again because we need to fix this thing.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:25 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree

Zeitler was the last time the Bengals actually hired a O-line expert to tell them who to pick. Because he told Zeitler should be there target they were able to trade down and still get him and add a 3rd round pick. Believe Sanu was the extra.  

Or they need to fire their current offensive line expert Jim McNally.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
It was worth picking up his option to see if he would improve over the next couple of years, as for an extension absolutely not.

Every time he goes up against an above average pass rush he gets found wanting.

How much of that is playing alongside a rookie? We will find out next year after CV has had a season to bed in but I don’t think Williams is ever going to get any better.

Whatever the office use to scout OL it needs ripping up and re-built from the ground up.

Task number 1 should be to fire Frank Pollack
Reply/Quote
I have been underwhelmed by the performance of the OLine for many years. IMO even scrubs could block better than our OLine as a unit. That's coaching. And I've got to wonder that the NFL brain trusts (not just the Bengals) seem to agree that veteran o-lineman can skip preseason to avoid injury and then have them play virtually 100% of the offensive snaps all year regardless of the score.
Reply/Quote
I would say bench him when he's playing that awful in hopes that it maybe lights a fire under his ass. But I'm not sure we have anyone to bench him for. Maybe Adeniji.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Probably the worst game he’s had as a pro. It’s hard for me to believe Adeniji would be any worse. That was a benching-worthy performance.

He should have got benched.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:48 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I would say bench him when he's playing that awful in hopes that it maybe lights a fire under his ass. But I'm not sure we have anyone to bench him for. Maybe Adeniji.

Anyone he needs a wake-up call as well as a few others underperforming but a nice guy players coach cannot bench guys for bad play.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:42 AM)puddycat Wrote: I have been underwhelmed by the performance of the OLine for many years.  IMO even scrubs could block better than our OLine as a unit.  That's coaching.  And I've got to wonder that the NFL brain trusts (not just the Bengals) seem to agree that veteran o-lineman can skip preseason to avoid injury and then have them play virtually 100% of the offensive snaps all year regardless of the score.

We have had 3 different  Coaches since 2017. What are the  chances that all 3 of those Coaches completely suck?

At some point we have to look at the Talent and who is drafting the players. Going 0-5 on top 100 picks isn't a coincidence.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:31 AM)Synric Wrote: Or they need to fire their current offensive line expert Jim McNally.

Would seriously consider firing both him and Pollack after the season at this point.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:07 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I do believe the bengals value o-linemen. I really do

Could also be coaching.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
It's tough. I don't think it's smart to overpay so you have to let him hit the market. And then someone will probably overpay. So now you're looking for a starting LT.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately the meme from the past is looking more and more like reality every game.

This team just fails to identify and develop OL talent on a consistent basis. It's even more frustrating when you see other teams starting 6th rounders and having success. That's a coaching issue and a scouting issue but at the same time you have to get a couple foundation pieces to build on.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
At least he turned around and yelled watch out joe, his back was facing the defense more than not.
Reply/Quote
He is playing hurt you can tell still needs to play better but he was no one in bad play on line
Reply/Quote