Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Norman just became a UFA
The Panthers recinded their franchise tag on the corner. I know it's got a negative percent chance of happening, but a guy can dream right?
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Wow, somebody will pay the big bucks, but it won't be us, we couldn't keep Jonathan Joseph, and Norman is on a whole different level. But it's nice to dream, I'd love to see him locking down Steeler receivers who have the added fear of Burfict lurking somewhere around them as well...it IS nice to dream!!
Reply/Quote
What are they even doing? This is just idiotic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe they're setting an example for the team? Look at what happened in Seattle.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 07:32 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: What are they even doing? This is just idiotic.

Norman wanted Darelle Revis money and refused to sign his tender.

Rivera has enough trouble babysitting camby mamby.

This is a good call.

The Bengals need to sign this man. Cemet our defense as the biggest assholes in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 07:44 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Maybe they're setting an example for the team? Look at what happened in Seattle.

(04-20-2016, 07:45 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Norman wanted Darelle Revis money and refused to sign his tender.

Rivera has enough trouble babysitting camby mamby.

This is a good call.

The Bengals need to sign this man. Cemet our defense as the biggest assholes in the NFL.

Sorry man but cutting an elite CB one year removed from getting to the Super Bowl is a bad move. 

If they felt Norman wasn't worth a long term deal at 28 then you keep him on the tag and draft his replacement to adjust this season and move on. Not like they can do much with the saved cap space this year.

I'd love for him to be on the Bengals roster in 2016 but we all know that isn't gonna happen.
Reply/Quote
We can dream cant we?
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 07:52 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Sorry man but cutting an elite CB one year removed from getting to the Super Bowl is a bad move. 

If they felt Norman wasn't worth a long term deal at 28 then you keep him on the tag and draft his replacement to adjust this season and move on. Not like they can do much with the saved cap space this year.

I'd love for him to be on the Bengals roster in 2016 but we all know that isn't gonna happen.

Norman,

Jones,

Burfict,

A man can dream.

If that translated to serious production, I'd have no problem with the Bengals assembling the biggest group of assholes the NFL has ever known.
Reply/Quote
I know the Steelers and Ravens are both needy at CB.

Somehow I see one of them falling into Norman at a good rate and then not having to use a high pick on a CB.
Reply/Quote
Just don't let him sign with anyone else in the AFCN. For the love of God.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 09:30 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I know the Steelers and Ravens are both needy at CB.

Somehow I see one of them falling into Norman at a good rate and then not having to use a high pick on a CB.

Better chance of us signing him than either of those teams. Don't sweat it
Reply/Quote
Dude wants 16mil a year

I think he thinks he's a QB
Reply/Quote
the value for production would be terrible for us. How many teams have brought in a top dollar CB only to waste money. Absolutely zero chance this happens. If it does I will chop off my own pinky toe.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 09:35 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Dude wants 16mil a year

I think he thinks he's a QB

wohahahahahaha dude has done lost his damn mind.  

Reply/Quote
The Panthers placed the tag on Norman last month, guaranteeing him $13.952 million in 2016. But Norman never signed the tag and was planning to skip at least the first part of offseason workouts that begin on Monday.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 09:38 PM)Okeana Wrote: the value for production would be terrible for us.  How many teams have brought in a top dollar CB only to waste money.  Absolutely zero chance this happens. If it does I will chop off my own pinky toe.

If it does, then lets do this right, go get a fast food job and put the toe in my food. Then I split the profit with you later 
Reply/Quote
What a greedy ******** sob. 2 million more than revis ? dude had what? 1 good year

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 09:42 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If it does, then lets do this right, go get a fast food job and put the toe in my food. Then I split the profit with you later 

we could turn a good profit for a toe that I really don't need.

Reply/Quote
Even if the Bengals were interested, I don't know if I would even want them to sign him.

1. The guy refused to sign a $14m franchise tender. That tells you roughly where you can expect him to cost. (Reports he was seeking $16m/yr)
2. He will turn 29 years old before the calendar year ends.
3. He has only had one good (admittedly very very good) year while surrounded by defensive talent.
4. He loves to run his mouth and thinks very very highly of himself. That can't lead to great locker room chemistry when you're not on a team that's 15-1 and playing in the SB.

Pass.

If the Bengals wanted to sign an elite CB in FA, they had their chance just last offseason with Revis. No reason to pay more for less.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think he should have signed it and cashed in on an extension with them or hit the market next year. I'd also be very reluctant to pay up after just one stud season. That said, $16 mil isn't that crazy. Revis signed for that with the bucs years ago and the cap has gone/will continue to go crazy. Pretty soon you'll have several CB's making that
Reply/Quote