Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June Reds game thread
Senzel now has back issues. Dude's career summary will be, "Great prospect, couldn't stay on the field."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 01:20 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Senzel now has back issues. Dude's career summary will be, "Great prospect, couldn't stay on the field."

Geeezz another 15 day DL. Part of me feels sorry for the guy. The other part of me is like get him the hell outta here.
Reply/Quote
Gave that one away
Reply/Quote
Santillan is not a closer either. Diaz has the stuff but not sure if he has the mental approach. I still like Kuhnel as the closer right now. He has that look.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Stephenson out 4-6 weeks with fractured thumb.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 06:55 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Stephenson out 4-6 weeks with fractured thumb.

The hits just keep on coming. This team is snake bit.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 06:55 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Stephenson out 4-6 weeks with fractured thumb.

Reds calling up Chris Okey as 2nd catcher.

Reds To Select Chris Okey - MLB Trade Rumors
Reply/Quote
Went to the game yesterday and saw the Reds were up 3-1 in the top of the ninth. Thought I would see a win. Then, Arizona scores 4 runs to win 5-4. Really let me down with this team. You know the Big Red Machine would have won it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Damn shame Castillo got screwed by the home plate ump in the first otherwise it would be a really great performance instead of really good.
Reply/Quote
It is amazing how many times this team has a pitcher on the ropes in the first inning only to get mowed down the rest of the game.

And like Cinci4life said, Castillo got hosed by the home plate ump in the first inning. They might've only lost 1-0 in 10 innings if Castillo gets that call on Arrenado.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
The Reds keep getting the worst luck. I don't expect a win every time. But, to take one away is bad. Oh well, we will be lucky to get to .500 this year anyway with injuries and other stuff.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 11:01 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Damn shame Castillo got screwed by the home plate ump in the first otherwise it would be a really great performance instead of really good.

He still overcame it. It was sloppy defense and no hitting that contributed to the loss.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 10:38 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He still overcame it. It was sloppy defense and no hitting that contributed to the loss.

The thing is the sloppy defense doesn’t happen if he gets that strike 3 call. You’re right about the lack of hitting though.
Reply/Quote
Ugh. Another game given up in the 9th. The Reds bullpen shits the bed more than an elderly gentleman w colitis.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 07:09 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Ugh. Another game given up in the 9th. The Reds bullpen shits the bed more than an elderly gentleman w colitis.

It's pitiful you just gotta laugh.
Reply/Quote
Damn. I like Kuhnel, too. He made one bad pitch, it was low but right down the middle.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Hey the Reds avoid the sweep and get to 21 W's yipeee
Reply/Quote
Reds have a winning streak going even if it is just one game. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
The Reds are 4-8 thus far in June. It's a damn shame they couldn't eek out a couple more wins vs. Nationals. Their next 3 are at Arizona so hopefully they can win that series. Because after that the Reds next 9 games are vs. Brewers, Dodgers, and at Giants. If they win 1 of those games it will be surprising, two would be a miracle !

Good news is the end of the month is at Cubs. If they have 10 wins at the end of the month I'll be surprised.
Reply/Quote
So we're about a month away from the draft. Time to add another prospect to the minors.
Reply/Quote