Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June Reds game thread
Well time for another beat down. 3 vs. the Dodgers tonight's game is Gonsolin on the mound for Dodgers he's 8-0 with a 1.42 ERA.

Can you watch it on TV with a brown paper bag over your head ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 03:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Well time for another beat down. 3 vs. the Dodgers tonight's game is Gonsolin on the mound for Dodgers he's 8-0 with a 1.42 ERA.

Reds and Dodgers have not been in the same division in almost 30 years, but when I was growing up they were our main competition in the West.

I don't hate them as much as the Cardinals. but it is close.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 03:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Well time for another beat down. 3 vs. the Dodgers tonight's game is Gonsolin on the mound for Dodgers he's 8-0 with a 1.42 ERA.

Would be pretty impressive considering they don't play tonight.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 05:07 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Would be pretty impressive considering they don't play tonight.

Beat down tonight, beat down tomorrow ? same thing lol
Reply/Quote
Reds have 2 runs off Gonsolin so far and both homers. First time all year he's allowed more than 1 homer in a game.
Reply/Quote
Cessa has to go. He is so damn worthless.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 10:17 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Cessa has to go. He is so damn worthless.

The Reds have THE WORST team ERA in MLB 5.27. The Reds have 11 pitchers on staff with an ERA of 6.00 or over. The only two bullpen pitchers who've been decent are Diaz and Kuhnel. The rest have been getting rocked on a regular basis.

The starting pitching has had a couple streaks of being decent And most of those streaks have been against lesser teams I believe. But overall they haven't been that great either. Mahle gave up 12 hits in 6 innings yesterday ! He's very lucky to have only gave up 4 runs.

It's not just Cessa. The pitching staff is a hot mess in general.
Reply/Quote
Predicting storms tonight so hope the game gets in. Reds are probably going to get swept by the Dodgers anyway.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm amazed Senzel didn't get ejected after that horrible strike 3 call.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 12:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Reds have THE WORST team ERA in MLB 5.27. The Reds have 11 pitchers on staff with an ERA of 6.00 or over. The only two bullpen pitchers who've been decent are Diaz and Kuhnel. The rest have been getting rocked on a regular basis.

The starting pitching has had a couple streaks of being decent And most of those streaks have been against lesser teams I believe. But overall they haven't been that great either. Mahle gave up 12 hits in 6 innings yesterday ! He's very lucky to have only gave up 4 runs.

It's not just Cessa. The pitching staff is a hot mess in general.

GAPB is one of the most hitter friendly parks in MLB, but even taking that into account we still have the worst pitching in the majors.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 12:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: GAPB is one of the most hitter friendly parks in MLB, but even taking that into account we still have the worst pitching in the majors.

Yep

You live and die in MLB with your pitching. And right now the Reds are on their death bed because they have bad pitching.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 09:28 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

You live and die in MLB with your pitching. And right now the Reds are on their death bed because they have bad pitching.

The team doesn't have much going for it in any area. Even the best hopes for future success, India and Stephenson, have been derailed by injury. Ugh. It's so hard watching the team.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 09:29 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The team doesn't have much going for it in any area. Even the best hopes for future success, India and Stephenson, have been derailed by injury. Ugh. It's so hard watching the team.

Yep

Over this current 6 game losing streak I've watched perhaps 6 or 7 innings total. Just can't take the pain. And after another beat down by Dodgers today it's the Giants so...  

I hate to keep Dead Horse but if this team reaches 60 wins I'll be surprised.

Sick
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 09:28 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

Even when the Reds have a decent pitching staff our ERA will not be among the top of the league because we play half of our games at GABP. 

And when we have poor pitching it is a complete disaster.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 12:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even when the Reds have a decent pitching staff our ERA will not be among the top of the league because we play half of our games at GABP. 

And when we have poor pitching it is a complete disaster.

I can't recall, but has the team embraced trying to build a rotation around groundball pitchers? GABP is such a hitters sandbox that the organization needs a clear strategy, which is what I suppose spin rate was all about during the 2020 season.

Maybe Bob should pay for major construction to move the fences back?
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 12:50 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I can't recall, but has the team embraced trying to build a rotation around groundball pitchers? GABP is such a hitters sandbox that the organization needs a clear strategy, which is what I suppose spin rate was all about during the 2020 season.

Maybe Bob should pay for major construction to move the fences back?

Yep and I don't think they've really had one for years now. They need a major reboot from the minors all the way to the top.
Reply/Quote
Greene gave up 3 homers and 6 runs today in the 10-5 loss. Greene leads the majors in HR's allowed with 20.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 08:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Greene gave up 3 homers and 6 runs today in the 10-5 loss. Greene leads the majors in HR's allowed with 20.

I have Greene and Ashcraft on my Fantasy Team, and they are quickly becoming my 2 worst pitchers.  They are serving up some real batting practice.  I will wait to see what Ashcraft does next and does he get clobbered.  I know Bell says Greene has nothing more to learn in the minors, but the Greene Losses and Home Runs are on pace to be 20 Losses and giving up more Homers than any MLB Pitcher in 2022.  Ashcraft is lately pitching just as bad or worse, but with no strikeout upside.  So it's hard to look at this and agree with Bell that they shouldn't be back in the Minors developing at their young ages, and admit they were brought up to soon.  

Greene is finding out that Major Leaguers can hit a fastball,  and he needs much better other pitches.  The Minors in the perfect place to work on those other off speed and sinking and sliding pitches.   Greene can throw it 105 MPH and it won't matter because Major League Hitters can hit the fastball if that is all you got.  The Dodgers are not the only team against Greene who looked like they were in batting practice clobbering every pitch.  Again, Ashcraft lately has been serving up batting practice.  I don't see what Greene or Ashcraft are gaining or learning from getting clobbered, and The Reds could be ruining 2 good young pitchers, as The Reds have ruined many young pitchers rushing them up too early over the decades. 

I don't know what the Reds will do, but I'm going to have to either stop using Greene and Ashcraft, or just drop them into Fantasy Free Agency all together. The Greene rollercoaster of bad, and then player of the week, and then bad again. His season stats are so bad, I can't hold on to them just because I see better days ahead, if those better days are in 2023 not 2022. This is not just The Dodgers, other teams are beating their brains in. The Reds may need to send them both to Louisville to be more helpful in 2023.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 08:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Greene gave up 3 homers and 6 runs today in the 10-5 loss. Greene leads the majors in HR's allowed with 20.

The harder they come in, the harder they go out!  Cry Whatever
Reply/Quote
REDS FINALLY GET A WIN!!!!!!
Reply/Quote