Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Just come on, catch me. Try to catch me"
(05-19-2016, 03:55 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Honestly, I think the hype for Wright and Alford was insurance in case we didn't land any WRs in the draft. I don't think we'll hear their name as much, at least not Wright's. I mean Wright's not even a guarantee to play this year. Alford had a fanbase, myself included, because he was the best competition we've ever brought in to challenge Tate for the KR role. Then we saw how he wasn't used in preseason and all the hype for him was gone.

Honestly, Alford playing in one game and having one catch exceeded my expectations for him.

What about Onterio McCalebb hype?

Everyone thought he was gonna unseat(or at least hoped)Tate.

Blazing fast speed(threatening CJ2k's combine 40 record)and some decent college numbers.

When he finally got a chance in preseason...  he sucked.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2016, 07:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What about Onterio McCalebb hype?

Blazing fast speed(threatening CJ2k's combine 40 record)and some decent college numbers.

Bengals fans are always rooting for whoever is brought in to compete with Tate. I know some people went all out super-fan on McCalebb, but I think expectations were tempered when it was said that he converting to CB. I remember that being the nail in the coffin for me. Very unlikely for an undrafted project to succeed in the NFL.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I guess we can just go with a bunch of nicknames and hurl them all out when he makes a big play. A while back, the Bengals had a guy named David Dunn that was their third down receiver and he returned kicks. He had dreads, before everyone in the world did, so that explains one of the many nicknames I would start yelling whenever he made a big play:

David "well" Dunn

David "3rd" Dunn

Snoop Doggy Dunn

David "Over, Unger..." and Dunn (You old farts will get the movie reference)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I guess we can just go with a bunch of nicknames and hurl them all out when he makes a big play.  A while back, the Bengals had a guy named David Dunn that was their third down receiver and he returned kicks.  He had dreads, before everyone in the world did, so that explains one of the many nicknames I would start yelling whenever he made a big play:

David "well" Dunn

David "3rd" Dunn

Snoop Doggy Dunn

David "Over, Unger..." and Dunn (You old farts will get the movie reference)

Well my "go to" nickname for the Bengals  team is "You MFer's".

"Stop them You MFer's!!!" Or "You suck you MFer's!!"

Funny thing... I've heard other fans shouting my nickname for the team.

So bizarre.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2016, 07:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What about Onterio McCalebb hype?

People better get used to Tate hes is our 2nd most experienced WR on the team right now.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 01:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: People better get used to Tate hes is our 2nd most experienced WR on the team right now.

Good thing experience doesn't mean how talented you are.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 01:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: People better get used to Tate hes is our 2nd most experienced WR on the team right now.

I just can't wait until they have him throwing passes like Sanu.

He is our secret deadly weapon.

Release the kraken.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 01:36 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Good thing experience doesn't mean how talented you are.

no but generally Experience plays over unproven
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 02:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: no but generally Experience plays over unproven

LaFell has one less year of experience and has way more talent than Tate.
Boyd is a ton more talent than Tate too.

I 100% guarantee that those two would play before Tate. You would see Tate on the field as much as he was last year if everyone stays healthy.
Reply/Quote
So is this 247th pick still embarrassing and taunting our first round CB? I need an update before I decide if I start to worry.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 02:15 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: LaFell has one less year of experience and has way more talent than Tate.

I 100% guarantee that those two would play before Tate. You would see Tate on the field as much as he was last year if everyone stays healthy.

If you want to know the odds of Tate seeing significant snaps, look at 2014.

Half our WRs were on IR and Tate still barely got PT. We were signing guys off the street to play (Greg Little) instead.

LaFell and Boyd are miles ahead of Tate. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 01:42 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I just can't wait until they have him throwing passes like Sanu.

He is our secret deadly weapon.

Release the kraken.

I could see Boyd throwing the ball like Sanu on occasion.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 02:15 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: LaFell has one less year of experience and has way more talent than Tate.

Maybe we should count experience with time on the field rather than years warming the bench. I assure you that Tate doesn't have all that much game experience at WR, at least not since he's been with the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
[Image: Dianna_this.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 01:22 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Well my "go to" nickname for the Bengals  team is "You MFer's".

"Stop them You MFer's!!!" Or "You suck you MFer's!!"

Funny thing... I've heard other fans shouting my nickname for the team.

So bizarre.

In the dark era of the 90s, I would call them Jesus.  

Jesus!  What are you doing!

Jesus!  How did you drop that?

Jesus!  Why are you lined up 15 yards off the receiver...It's 3rd and 2!
Reply/Quote

(05-23-2016, 05:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If you want to know the odds of Tate seeing significant snaps, look at 2014.

Half our WRs were on IR and Tate still barely got PT. We were signing guys off the street to play (Greg Little) instead.

LaFell and Boyd are miles ahead of Tate. 

(05-23-2016, 09:32 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Maybe we should count experience with time on the field rather than years warming the bench. I assure you that Tate doesn't have all that much game experience at WR, at least not since he's been with the Bengals.

I don't even list Tate when listing our weapons.

Honestly i don't believe he will make the team this year but i thought that last year. Mellow
Reply/Quote