Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Just watched all the offensive snaps and this is worse than we’re discussing
3rd and 4 and Chase AND Tanner Hudson are WIDE OPEN for 1st down yardage and because the Titans all out blitzed Burrow gets scared and throws it away. Burrow didn’t even look to his right to see Chase and Tanner open. He got tunnel vision on Boyd and the pressure caused an incomplete pass. Tanner Hudson blocked and released and literally no one guarded him. Chase was also in front of his man 5 feet. We only needed 4 yards.

3rd and 4 again, so 4 yards gets a 1st and Titans once again blitz and once again Burrow can’t deliver to an open WR. Tyler Boyd is wide open(with an accurate pass) right at the 1st down pylon and Burrow sails it out of bounds.

This dude isn’t so injured he can’t turn his head and look to the right. He’s not so injured he can’t move left or right in the pocket. He’s just not. Dude got the money and totally forgot how to be a NFL QB.

Dude forgot how to play football overnight.

And god forbid he check out of some of these trash ass Zac Taylor plays. On 1 3rd down we had 4 routes going out and all but 1 went like 10 yards down the field on a 3rd and 3. So one guy who the ball is supposed to go to sits down right at the 1st down and i have to assume the other routes were decoys because no way Zac actually thought they were gonna get open. So any good defender that understands route concepts already knows that own of these routes is sitting right at the 1st down. If you happen to get really good at watching film and guessing which guy is gonna sit at the 1st, you could theoretically destroys Zac’s whole playbook.

Why not have 3/4 routes stop at the first to put pressure across the defensive equally. When only one guy does it you are basically hoping that that one defender just guesses wrong or doesn’t watch tape. I also saw that a bunch of Zac’s plays do have concepts where certain routes are there to distract defenders from the real routes we wanna hit but that doesn’t really work if you are say doing a go with Trenton Irwin to open up an out for Chase. Why in the hell would you give any attention to the go route? Your 5th string CB can go step for step with Irwin on a go so why not just sit on whatever Chase does? We need to put Chase and Tee on the same side ALOT more.

Final play is a 2nd and 5. Right at snap the RB is wide open for 1st down yardage on a block and release and Irwin is wide open and Burrow is looking dead at the guy. He refuses to throw to either and sack.

This isn’t a case of Burrow making immaculate reads and just being in accurate. Dude is playing like pure shit. He’s missing WIDE OPEN reads and he’s in accurate too. This isn’t all on a calf. It appears as if Burrow tries to change how he plays QB and he thought it was good but it’s not. It’s ***** horrible.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:34 PM)Housh Wrote: This dude isn’t so injured he can’t turn his head and look to the right. He’s not so injured he can’t move left or right in the pocket. He’s just not. Dude got the money and totally forgot how to be a NFL QB.

This is ludicrous, and obviously not a real thing. It’s something that gets said by the crazies in a GDT.

Burrow is hurt enough that his mechanics are all out of whack and it’s to the point it’s also affecting him mentally.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
This the 1st time Joe has dealt with adversity
And it's apparent he can't overcome it.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is ludicrous, and obviously not a real thing. It’s something that gets said by the crazies in a GDT.

Burrow is hurt enough that his mechanics are all out of whack and it’s to the point it’s also affecting him mentally.

Exactly this, I feel.

He doesn't have a stone wall of an OL to give him comfort and time, and he's worried about actually getting long-term injured while simultaneously not able to play like normal due to his existing leg injury.

While I don't have much of any confidence in Browning or McCarron, they might actually do better these next couple weeks than Burrow while he fully recovers going into the bye.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is ludicrous, and obviously not a real thing. It’s something that gets said by the crazies in a GDT.

(((Burrow is hurt enough that his mechanics are all out of whack and it’s to the point it’s also affecting him mentally.)))

Bullshit. I tried bolding exactly the part is disagreed with but just did parentheses. Also i wasn’t being disrespectful there. Just getting across i really disagreed with that part.

He is not so hurt he cannot hit a wide open in route to Jamarr Chase right in front of his face

This thread is mainly to highlight how these issues aren’t just about a damn calf and how we need to recognize this.

Also Burrow went from being a top 3 QB to LITERALLY the worst QB in the league statistically. It is not Ludicrous to hyperbolically say he “forgot how to play football.”

His stats tell us that.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
This Burrow led O has scored 3 pts twice in 4 games. You can't tell me that Browning wouldn't have scored more than that. Browning knows the system and the entire playbook. From these 4 game results give me a 100% Browning over a 50-75% Burrow. At least for now till the real JB comes back.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:55 PM)Housh Wrote: Bullshit

He is not so hurt he cannot hit a wide open in route to Jamarr Chase right in front of his face

This thread is mainly to highlight how these issues aren’t just about a damn calf and how we need to recognize this.

Also Burrow went from being a top 3 QB to LITERALLY the worst QB in the league statistically. It is not Ludicrous to say he “forgot how to play football.”

His stats sure agree with me.

I'm not an experienced QB, but it sure looks like he's not stepping into his throws like normal, which might be affecting his accuracy/trajectory.
Burrow's never been fearful, so I personally think there is enough of an injury (or at least worry) that he's not throwing how he normally would.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:34 PM)Housh Wrote: Dude got the money and totally forgot how to be a NFL QB.

(10-03-2023, 12:45 PM)impactplaya Wrote: This the 1st time Joe has dealt with adversity

As if watching this team play pitiful football wasn't enough, we get to read comments like these that are more embarrassing than our stats.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:58 PM)casear2727 Wrote: As if watching this team play pitiful football wasn't enough, we get to read comments like these that are more embarrassing than our stats.

Ok then explain to me how going from a great QB to the worst DOESNT mean you “forgot how to play football”.

That phrase is obviously hyperbolic btw. Didn’t think I’d have to say that but obviously it’s an exaggeration

The knees jerk reactions suck but what sucks even more are the ppl pretending like this is all his calf.

His calf is not causing him to refuse to throw to block and releases when they are wide open. You don’t even need arm power or hood footing to throw those. You could literally unload that with no balance at all.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:45 PM)impactplaya Wrote: This the 1st time Joe has dealt with adversity

This can’t be a serious post. All he’s ever done is deal with adversity.

- In college it was injuries, Urban Meyer telling him he throws like a girl, and being stuck behind multiple other starters that resulted in him never getting a chance at Ohio St. So he transferred to LSU and all he did was go on to have the best college season of all time

- Then he was drafted by a team everyone told him to pull an Eli on

- Where he got his knee shredded behind a horrendous OL during his rookie season. He had them in the Super Bowl a year later

- Then his appendix burst when he was finally set to have his first real training camp/preseason. AFC Championship that went right down to the wire was how he responded that time

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:55 PM)Housh Wrote: Also Burrow went from being a top 3 QB to LITERALLY the worst QB in the league statistically. It is not Ludicrous to hyperbolically say he “forgot how to play football.”

It is beyond ludicrous.  A top 3 QB is injured & plays injured.  You think his poor play is because he forgot how to play ball, not that the injury is the issue.   

The takes by a some of you would be painfully mind-numbing if it weren't for all the previous bad takes.  You have some doozies like this, impactplaya is consistently bad.  SMH

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:02 PM)Housh Wrote: Ok then explain to me how going from a great QB to the worst DOESNT mean you “forgot how to play football”.

That phrase is obviously hyperbolic btw. Didn’t think I’d have to say that but obviously it’s an exaggeration

The knees jerk reactions suck but what sucks even more are the ppl pretending like this is all his calf.

His calf is not causing him to refuse to throw to block and releases when they are wide open. You don’t even need arm power or hood footing to throw those. You could literally unload that with no balance at all.

Housh, brother, your takes at times...  I havent played ball in over 20 years and I havent forgotten how to play.  Burrow played in the AFCCG 9 months ago, pretty sure he hasnt forgotten anything.

Saying it's hyperbolic or exaggeration doesnt make it any better, it is a terrible way to put it.  Regardless, physical or mental, the calf is the source of the bad play.  It is dumb to suggest it isnt, there is no doubt it has impacted his entire play on the field. 

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It is beyond ludicrous.  A top 3 QB is injured & plays injured.  You think his poor play is because he forgot how to play ball, not that the injury is the issue.   

The takes by a some of you would be painfully mind-numbing if it weren't for all the previous bad takes.  You have some doozies like this, impactplaya is consistently bad.  SMH

It being 2rd and 5 and a guy being wide open against an all out blitz and you simply not throwing it, isn’t on a calf. That’s mental. Dude is not making obvious reads right now. He’s sure as hell not making the hard ones.

If his issues were ONLY accuracy i don’t think anyone would be upset. But his issues aren’t just not scrambling and off mechanics. Dude is refusing to throw to wide open guys. It’s an all out blitz, your 1st read shouldn’t be down the field. Dude forgot how to play NFL QB
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:10 PM)Housh Wrote: It being 2rd and 5 and a guy being wide open against an all out blitz and you simply not throwing it, isn’t on a calf. That’s mental. Dude is not making obvious reads right now. He’s sure as hell not making the hard ones.

If his issues were ONLY accuracy i don’t think anyone would be upset. But his issues aren’t just not scrambling and off mechanics. Dude is refusing to throw to wide open guys. It’s an all out blitz, your 1st read shouldn’t be down the field. Dude forgot how to play NFL QB

You think his mental issues are forgetting how to play?  You dont understand how the immobility and inability to plant & throw could be caused but the calf injury?

I actually played ball and boxed semi-pro, I can tell you that injuries can have a major impact on the physical and mental aspects of your game.  Yes Joe sucks all the way around right now, but to suggest the injury is not the reason makes no sense.

Reply/Quote

Trashiest of trash takes.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Housh, brother, your takes at times...  I havent played ball in over 20 years and I havent forgotten how to play.  Burrow played in the AFCCG 9 months ago, pretty sure he hasnt forgotten anything.

Saying it's hyperbolic or exaggeration doesnt make it any better, it is a terrible way to put it.  Regardless, physical or mental, the calf is the source of the bad play.  It is dumb to suggest it isnt, there is no doubt it has impacted his entire play on the field. 

Idc about ppl opinions on my takes. That’s y’all issue on here. You give Af what ppl think.

Y’all may be afraid for someone to question your take but that’s a dumbass way to post on here. If you are worried about how “smart” every one of your posts sounds you are going to come on here and say WILD shit like a guy going from top 3 QB to the worse QB in the league is due to a calf injury. A calf injury doesn’t affect your ability to look to your right.

Something else is up with Joe. No one is crazy for saying that. I even gave specific plays which highlight this.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Can you at least tell us what drives these plays occurred so we can go look for ourselves. I do know on the 3rd down where he threw down the seam to Boyd he had Jamar wide open on his left for a go. He isn't trusting himself or is line to go through his progressions and make the proper throw. A lot if not all of that has to do with the injury. It's in the back of his mind and he can't manipulate the pocket like he is used to to buy that extra second to make a throw to an open receiver.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:13 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You think his mental issues are forgetting how to play?  You dont understand how the immobility and inability to plant & throw could be caused but the calf injury?

I actually played ball and boxed semi-pro, I can tell you that injuries can have a major impact on the physical and mental aspects of your game.  Yes Joe sucks all the way around right now, but to suggest the injury is not the reason makes no sense.

So a calf is causing him to not throw the ball 5 feet to his wide open RB or TE?

One side of the board is of the extreme that his calf is the only reason he sucks and the other side is saying he should be ok.

I’m in the middle…..firmly
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is ludicrous, and obviously not a real thing. It’s something that gets said by the crazies in a GDT.

Burrow has also said in prior pressers things don't go well in the season when the QB misses training camp. That is him practically acknowledging his mechanics and game didn't get to develop and are off. The injury contributed to these challenges which is why I still find it odd Zac says Burrow is healthy enough to run the offense.
Reply/Quote