Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katie Blackburn responds.....maybe not so soft after all.
How will Buffalo vote since they are singing the praises of Cincinnati? That will be telling.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:52 PM)pally Wrote: Ian Rappaport on NFLN basically said the Bengals aren't happy but they vote against everything so essentially who cares what they think

NFL politics in action. 2 teams the league has never liked, Raiders and Bengals

my grandfather always told me how Paul Brown and Al Davis were always thorns in the league's sides
Reply/Quote
Anyone know what time the vote is?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:57 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Anyone know what time the vote is?

Noon EST
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
ZT was PISSED in his press conference. Yikes.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: ZT was PISSED in his press conference. Yikes.

As he should be. There was absolutely no need to do anything, because there were already very clear, reasonable rules in place. 
Reply/Quote
My level of pissed will be determined by what happens this weekend. I don't really think KC loses, so if they win I won't be pissed about that. I also think a now fired up Bills team will decimate New England. I think we'll beat Baltimore. So when I figure out how badly we got screwed, I'll know my level of pissed offednish....
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: ZT was PISSED in his press conference. Yikes.

I don't see it anywhere, is it up?
Reply/Quote
Vote passed cheating *****

Cincinnati vs the world
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
scroll on NFLN says the playoff scenario is a done deal

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:15 PM)pally Wrote: scroll on NFLN says the playoff scenario is a done deal

Yeah they voted it through.

For me, it is what it is, but I hope we see the Bengals come out angry on Sunday, and roll that all the way to a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:26 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: This whole thing really pissed me off last night. Now I’m just thinking, “**** it. Hang 50 on them. All 5 more of them who are in the way.”

Exactly.....and after reading Zac's remarks, I think it's very likely to happen. Mixon has tweeted his displeasure....I think they may have poked the ol proverbial Bengal tiger here. I'd love to see it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

That's our coach! Get on their asses Zac!

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:39 PM)TigerStripes Wrote: Totally agree with this point.  Add to it, if KC loses to a motivated backup QB on Saturday, we had a real shot at the #1 seed.  

We had the lead, momentum, and the energy of the home crowd behind us....  I realize no guarantees, but odds were absolutely in our favor for the win.  

To me, it was finish it week 19, or come up with a solution where Bengals-Bills is at worst at a neutral site, at best back at Bengals...  In no world does it make sense the Bengals get "punished" for a no contest game they were leading at home in front of that atmosphere.  You'll never convince me odds weren't at least in their favor of winning without that terrible accident.

So glad to hear Damar is improving, and continued prayers for a full and speedy recovery.  That is absolutely the most important thing.  But from a pure football perspective, I feel the Bengals have come out on the very short end of the stick.....  So disappointing.  The window of opportunity for this particular group won't last for ever.

We gon' go out and unleash hell over the next few weeks. Count on it.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:40 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I love seeing those quotes from Zac.  There are a lot of questions about whether this team is going to be ready for Sunday and can get the momentum back.  I think this now works in their favor.  They came together, did the right thing for Damar the other night and now they're getting disrespected.  Take that and use it.  This whole situation is so weird and wild, but might end up bringing them together more.  And hearing Zac say these things appears to show they're a little pissed off by it, which means they're not just floating through this week without focus (or having trouble focusing), which has been a concern.

Love seeing Zac get on em, and love having Katie back the team. Things are certainly different in Cincinnati these days. 

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: NFL politics in action. 2 teams the league has never liked, Raiders and Bengals

my grandfather always told me how Paul Brown and Al Davis were always thorns in the league's sides

Oh, they REALLY hated Al Davis, lol. Paul was more of a contrarian, but Al rubbed their noses in it.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh, they REALLY hated Al Davis, lol. Paul was more of a contrarian, but Al rubbed their noses in it.

Paul definitely rubbed their noses in it when the nfl downplayed the Browns' success in the aafl, only to have his team win multiple championships in the NFL
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:56 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Paul definitely rubbed their noses in it when the nfl downplayed the Browns' success in the aafl, only to have his team win multiple championships in the NFL

Oh, he did, but in the stoic show by actions kind of way. Al sued them, ripped them in the press every chance he got, and challenged their beloved Stoolers.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 04:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh, he did, but in the stoic show by actions kind of way. Al sued them, ripped them in the press every chance he got, and challenged their beloved Stoolers.

that's why al davis is always cool with me. He understood the power they wielded and the hypocrisy of it all
Reply/Quote