Poll: Trade Chase Before T?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.09 Average
Keep Tee Trade Chase
(10-08-2023, 10:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Since Chase has come into the league. he and Tee have played the exact same number of games. What makes Chase more durable?

Tee Higgins played 26% or less of the snaps in 3 games last year that he exited due to injury, with a total of 2 catches. Getting hurt very early or playing exactly 1 snap of a game, sure you played the game, but you didn't really. He pretty much always is dinged up or hurt. He is tough and plays injured a decent amount, but he's still injured.

Tee Higgins injuries since the start of the 2021 season:
Sept 2021, Shoulder Injury
Dec 2021, Ankle Injury
Sept 2022, Concussion
Sept 2022, Ankle Injury
Dec 2022, Hamstring Injury
Oct 2023, Rib Injury
https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/tee-higgins/10607

Ja'Marr Chase since the start of the 2021 season:
Oct 2022, Hip Injury
https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/jamarr-chase/10771

Not sure if you were honestly asking or if you were just Fred-stat "asking".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Trade Tee while the interest is there and get a tackle or
draft capital in return. I am sick and tired of watching Jonah Williams. He sucked on the left side and he sucks equally as bad on the right. We need a legit tackle instead of this bafoon.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 10:16 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Trade Tee while the interest is there and get a tackle or
draft capital in return. I am sick and tired of watching Jonah Williams. He sucked on the left side and he sucks equally as bad on the right. We need a legit tackle instead of this bafoon.

What in the world are you talking about? Jonah has been very good at RT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 10:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tee Higgins played 26% or less of the snaps in 3 games last year that he exited due to injury, with a total of 2 catches. Getting hurt very early or playing exactly 1 snap of a game, sure you played the game, but you didn't really. He pretty much always is dinged up or hurt. He is tough and plays injured a decent amount, but he's still injured.

Tee Higgins injuries since the start of the 2021 season:
Sept 2021, Shoulder Injury
Dec 2021, Ankle Injury
Sept 2022, Concussion
Sept 2022, Ankle Injury
Dec 2022, Hamstring Injury
Oct 2023, Rib Injury
https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/tee-higgins/10607

Ja'Marr Chase since the start of the 2021 season:
Oct 2022, Hip Injury
https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/jamarr-chase/10771

Not sure if you were honestly asking or if you were just Fred-stat "asking".
You can take the Fred stuff and stick it up your 4th point of contact. 

In the last 3 years, they've played in the same number of games. Perhaps, you're suggesting Tee plays injured while Chase does not. 

Chase is a better WR, we don't need to make things up to support the point. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 10:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What in the world are you talking about? Jonah has been very good at RT.

Hardly. Today another example. Gave up at least one sack, tackle for loss, and another pressure. Oh and he managed to not block a single person on the 3rd and goal from the 1 that Mixon got stuffed.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 10:23 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Hardly. Today another example. Gave up at least one sack, tackle for loss, and another pressure. Oh and he managed to not block a single person on the 3rd and goal from the 1 that Mixon got stuffed.

I think Jonah falls somewhere in the middle of "very good" and "sucks". As the 2 of you assert. 

IMO RT is not a problem 

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 09:38 PM)samhain Wrote: Unless Tee is just beside himself with anger over not getting an extension, I'd keep him. It's a shame if that's the case, and frankly I don't think it is. Ride it out until the offseason and see what can be worked out either in trade or a possible extension.

I despise the franchise tag here. it almost always goes bad. If that's the only way to keep him, then I actively try to trade him for a first.

I never understood fans disliking the Tag? It is a wonderful tool for the team. It is a basic aspect of the player's contract. What is the problem?

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 10:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You can take the Fred stuff and stick it up your 4th point of contact. 

In the last 3 years, they've played in the same number of games. Perhaps, you're suggesting Tee plays injured while Chase does not. 

Chase is a better WR, we don't need to make things up to support the point. 

6 injuries vs 1 is very different. Chase hasn’t left and not returned in a game. For example Tee played for a few series last week and never came back. His point stands whether you like it or not.

As far as Chase not playing injured, Chase played a full game after his hip injury and played phenomenally before being out.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 10:23 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Hardly. Today another example. Gave up at least one sack, tackle for loss, and another pressure. Oh and he managed to not block a single person on the 3rd and goal from the 1 that Mixon got stuffed.

Williams did not give up the tackle on 3rd or 4th down on the goal line stop.  In fact he drove his man into the ground on 3rd down.  

Watched all 3 sacks. On the last one Burrow was wrapped up going down on yet another stunt at Volson and the outside stunter from Jonah's side piled on, not sure he was even granted a 1/2 sack on that play. Jonah played pretty well today.

Reply/Quote
Arizona doesn't have a good pass rush. Most of the other teams we played do.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 10:35 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: 6 injuries vs 1 is very different. Chase hasn’t left and not returned in a game. For example Tee played for a few series last week and never came back. His point stands whether you like it or not.

As far as Chase not playing injured, Chase played a full game after his hip injury and played phenomenally before being out.

It has nothing to do with "like"

I didn't say JC doesn't play injured. I merely asserted that dude that pointed to Tee's many injuries and Chase's few while them playing the same number of games over the last 3 years might. 

Tee plays a different game than Chase. Tee takes more hits, but with that, he's still strapped them up as many games as Chase has since he's entered the league. 

Hell, if I went with the percentage of games played in their careers, Tee would win.

Reply/Quote
And this is why you get the Fred label…

Tee has been banged up way more than Chase. It’s just a fact.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 10:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It has nothing to do with "like"

I didn't say JC doesn't play injured. I merely asserted that dude that pointed to Tee's many injuries and Chase's few while them playing the same number of games over the last 3 years might. 

Tee plays a different game than Chase. Tee takes more hits, but with that, he's still strapped them up as many games as Chase has since he's entered the league. 

Hell, if I went with the percentage of games played in their careers, Tee would win.

You’re still leaving out % of snaps in a game he started and left. you obviously have to stick to your stats that bear no context.

6 injuries to 1 is a stark enough contrast to prove his point.
Reply/Quote
Tee gets banged up more than Chase. It's not even a debate. 

If you get dinged up less, you're more durable. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 11:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Tee gets banged up more than Chase. It's not even a debate. 

If you get dinged up less, you're more durable. 

I look at it differently. Tee makes his living playing the game differently than Chase. I can show each of you plays of Tee getting blown up because of what he's asked to do.

But in the last 2+ years if Player A has laced them up for 34 games and Player B has laced them up for 34 games, then I'm not going to call player A more durable than Player B, regardless where they play. 

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 11:00 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You’re still leaving out % of snaps in a game he started and left. you obviously have to stick to your stats that bear no context.

6 injuries to 1 is a stark enough contrast to prove his point.

For real? I've given 1 "stat" and that's how many games each has played over the last 2+ years. 

As I've mentioned Chase is the better WR, but I won't point to durability as one of the factors. 

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And this is why you get the Fred label…

Tee has been banged up way more than Chase. It’s just a fact.

The ironic thing is that the biggest issue with Fred is that he insisted on slurring/labeling folks. 

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 11:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The ironic thing is that the biggest issue with Fred is that he insisted on slurring/labeling folks. 

No, the biggest issue with Fred was he literally got off on arguing, and playing contrarian.

Reply/Quote
Keep the discussion on the opinions or arguments being given, not each other.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 11:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Keep the discussion on the opinions or arguments being given, not each other.

Word. 

Reply/Quote