Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Zampese.....
(09-11-2017, 09:16 AM)Au165 Wrote: Where were the waggles? What about sprint outs? Why did we wait until late in the 3rd to run a HB screen? Why did we show the reverse action three times, but never actually use it? Why was Cedric left on an island without any help from a TE? What about max protect shot plays early to back the defense off to open up the quick passing game? I have said all off season a bad lineman or two can be overcome with scheme, the chargers literally do it every year, but there didn't seem to be any help from the coordinator schematically to help this team over come it's deficiencies.

I honestly think it may be time to bring back the 6 lineman formation and run the ball an use 4 man patterns just to have some sort of time in the pocket.

These coaches are literally like a deer in headlights. They go in with a solid game plan based on film study and tendencies. When things happen and the game plan is ineffective, they are totally incapable of adapting and overcoming. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 10:49 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I really don't want them to do this. They showed they can't scheme open WR yesterday. Don't take away another weapon. Just figure out how to scheme guys open. 

The easiest way to scheme guys open...

Crossing patterns. Baltimore lives off that shizz and i see it all around the NFL. Apparently, the Bengals run an offense where you're not allowed to run more than 1 or 2 a game. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Punt
Interception
Interception
Punt
Interception
Fumble
Punt
Punt
Turnover on downs
Interception
End of game.

what is this?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:46 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Punt
Interception
Interception
Punt
Interception
Fumble
Punt
Punt
Turnover on downs
Interception
End of game.

what is this?

What is the Blake Bortles and Ryan Leaf recipe for success?

Yes, I even remembered to place my answer in the form of a question.

Now I'd like coaches who constantly clap and underachieve for $800.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:59 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What is the Blake Bortles and Ryan Leaf recipe for success?

Yes, I even remembered to place my answer in the form of a question.

Now I'd like coaches who constantly clap and underachieve for $800.

Blake Bortles may be a better QB than Dalton. Last year Bortles sucked but the year before that he was really good.

Bortles doesn't have AJ Green either.
Reply/Quote
I don't remember now which analyst said it early last year ? But he referred to Zampese as a page flipper. An OC who just flips thru the playbook and says "oh we haven't ran that in awhile" and sends the play in. Perfect description in my opinion.

Zampese is coaching in one dimension ! He doesn't really understand how to exploit an opponents weakness. He doesn't understand how to mask our weaknesses. He doesn't know how to call a game to our strengths, and get the proper players on the field at the proper time. He doesn't know how to set up an opponent for plays down the line, and on and on.

He doesn't see the game in 3D, he doesn't see it in color. He just slings stuff against the wall to see what sticks. He used Hue's playbook the entire year last season !

In other words he's not an NFL level OC
Reply/Quote
Zampese facial expressions never change, it always looks like he has to take a serious poo
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 06:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: In other words he's not an NFL level OC

Zampese being the OC by default and in way over his head here is like some movie or sitcom where some guy who worked in a Fortune 500 company's mail-room for 25 years becomes the CEO overnight because the private jet carrying all the executives went down in the Swiss Alps during a routine business trip.  He has the most seniority, so yada yadda yadda, he's the CEO.  Toss in a chimp sidekick and you've got a winner on your hands at the boxoffice and/or in the ratings!

Seriously though, Zampese was just another in the long list of bench bums we wanted to step it up when the real players/coaches got hurt/left.  Whoop de dooo, step on up and do your best.  If you fail...ehh who cares, it's not like anyone around here is going to lose his job based on a silly ass stat like "wins" or "championships."
Reply/Quote
Easily the worst OC in the league.

Why did we not attempt some quick out wide receiver screens, te screen, roll outs, mis directions, anything except 3 step drop and try to fire it over the middle of the field.

Balt knew they had the edge with our oline and the gameplan would be quick throws; their linebackers and d line ate that stuff up. They barely tried anything outside the numbers!

There is absolutely no imagination, rhyme or reason to this offense. It was vanilla as can be. Sickening.
:andy:
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 07:19 PM)WhoDeyandtheBlowFish Wrote: Easily the worst OC in the league.

Why did we not attempt some quick out wide receiver screens, te screen, roll outs, mis directions, anything except 3 step drop and try to fire it over the middle of the field.

Balt knew they had the edge with our oline and the gameplan would be quick throws; their linebackers and d line ate that stuff up.  They barely tried anything outside the numbers!

There is absolutely no imagination, rhyme or reason to this offense.  It was vanilla as can be.  Sickening.

But people around here actually convinced themselves that Zampese was going to be as good as Hue BUT better because he would take all that stupid "cuteness" out of the playbook.  DAMN I HATE THAT CUTENESS!!!!!

Cuteness was the buzzword that off-season.  Hue and his damn cuteness could go suck a Cleveland steamer while Zampese and his homely uncute offense rolled right to the Stupor Bowl, bro!!!!  

Remember when the Steelers replaced good OC and now pretty good HC Bruce Arians with Randy Fichtner?  No?  Oh that's right, they didn't simply promote some lackey non-NFL OC and hope for the best.  The fools.  Their offense is probably all kinds of stupid ass cute over there.  Losers.
Reply/Quote
Everything we saw yesterday was deflating and torturous. I really don't know what to expect Thursday. I easily see us going 0-2.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 07:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Zampese being the OC by default and in way over his head here is like some movie or sitcom where some guy who worked in a Fortune 500 company's mail-room for 25 years becomes the CEO overnight because the private jet carrying all the executives went down in the Swiss Alps during a routine business trip.  He has the most seniority, so yada yadda yadda, he's the CEO.  Toss in a chimp sidekick and you've got a winner on your hands at the boxoffice and/or in the ratings!

Seriously though, Zampese was just another in the long list of bench bums we wanted to step it up when the real players/coaches got hurt/left.  Whoop de dooo, step on up and do your best.  If you fail...ehh who cares, it's not like anyone around here is going to lose his job based on a silly ass stat like "wins" or "championships."

We don't need no stinking Championships !   Cry
Reply/Quote
I'm not a fan of Zampese but the problem is much more than him. Dalton isn't a prototypical NFL. He's very inconsistent and he cannot read a defense. Hue and Jay knew this and were very creative with formations and playcalling. I see Zampese as a more traditional play caller and as a result he's had to limit his playcalling big time.

Andy stares down his receivers and has zero touch on any of his throws. Andy would not be a starting QB in the NFL today if he didn't have AJs ridiculous talent bailing him out early in his career. McCarron may not be the answer but intermediate pass game opens up and so does the long ball. If he gets a chance don't be too surprised if he outperforms Andy. He may not be that great of a QB but he possesses a better arm and can read defenses way better than Andy.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 01:41 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: I'm not a fan of Zampese but the problem is much more than him.  Dalton isn't a prototypical NFL. He's very inconsistent and he cannot read a defense.  Hue and Jay knew this and were very creative with formations and playcalling.  I see Zampese as a more traditional play caller and as a result he's had to limit his playcalling big time.

Andy stares down his receivers and has zero touch on any of his throws.  Andy would not be a starting QB in the NFL today if he didn't have AJs ridiculous talent bailing him out early in his career.  McCarron may not be the answer but intermediate pass game opens up and so does the long ball.  If he gets a chance don't be too surprised if he outperforms Andy.  He may not be that great of a QB but he possesses a better arm and can read defenses way better than Andy.

You sure about this?  Serious question.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 02:02 AM)ah5 Wrote: You sure about this?  Serious question.

He's either trolling or that was one of the dumbest posts in history. 

The facts are that we had a "perfect storm" on Sunday of incredibly bad OL performance, scheming out of a comedy film and yes a QB who was "off". QBs being off happens, and most normal offenses scheme around it to give the QB some way to get into a rhythm. Well, our amateur hour OL was a turnstile and the OC did absolutely nothing to use scheme to slow down the defense. 
Reply/Quote
I predict one element of that perfect storm will not change. The incredibly bad o-line performance.
Reply/Quote
They knew our plays it was scary
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Definitely a bland coordinator. It felt like they were listening on our plays from play one. Definitely scary. Nothing was dynamic either. Hopefully this changes.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 01:41 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: I'm not a fan of Zampese but the problem is much more than him.  Dalton isn't a prototypical NFL. He's very inconsistent and he cannot read a defense.  Hue and Jay knew this and were very creative with formations and playcalling.  I see Zampese as a more traditional play caller and as a result he's had to limit his playcalling big time.

Andy stares down his receivers and has zero touch on any of his throws.  Andy would not be a starting QB in the NFL today if he didn't have AJs ridiculous talent bailing him out early in his career.  McCarron may not be the answer but intermediate pass game opens up and so does the long ball.  If he gets a chance don't be too surprised if he outperforms Andy.  He may not be that great of a QB but he possesses a better arm and can read defenses way better than Andy.

Um......Jay Gruden was the guy who LOBBIED for Dalton.....smh.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 02:02 AM)ah5 Wrote: You sure about this?  Serious question.

[Image: DyVy5.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote