Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Zampese is the OC
https://twitter.com/Bengals

Verified by Bengals official Twitter account.
Reply/Quote
Saw that, still trying to digest what I think about it, don't know much about the guy myself.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Not surprising, should be a good OC for us. I like the move, he's done solid work with our qb's over the years
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Makes sense.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I've always thought he was a POS, so it will be interesting to see if my opinion translates onto the field.

Not happy about this hire.
Reply/Quote
Hmmmm. Let's hope Mike Martz rubbed off on him.

Reply/Quote
Looks like continuity was their biggest concern. You see what constantly shifting offensive coordinators has done to some teams (see: Matt Ryan).
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:08 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Saw that, still trying to digest what I think about it, don't know much about the guy myself.

Coached Palmer, Kitna, Fitz, Dalton and McCarron here. I'd say all worked out well for what their purpose here was.

Also believe he was with the Rams in the greatest show on turf days if I'm not mistaken.

What worries me a little is it's taken him this long to get a shot, here or elsewhere, wondering if there isn't a reason behind that 
Reply/Quote
Thanks Rob for the scoop. I think Zampese is our best option at this point. Go Bengals. So looking forward to that first AFC north battle with the Squeelers next year!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:11 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Coached Palmer, Kitna, Fitz, Dalton and McCarron here. I'd say all worked out well for what their purpose here was.

Also believe he was with the Rams in the greatest show on turf days if I'm not mistaken.

What worries me a little is it's taken him this long to get a shot, here or elsewhere, wondering if there isn't a reason behind that 

Says he was with the rams in 2000-2002 so not the 1999 GSOT season, but they were still good the few years after when he was an assistant and labeled the "passing game coordinator" in 02...

This gives me a little more hope.
Reply/Quote
He wasn't my first choice, but he wasn't my last, either (you know, sort of how each pick in the draft seems to go for me :)). He's worked under some very different dudes, and I hope he's ready to fly.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:11 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Coached Palmer, Kitna, Fitz, Dalton and McCarron here. I'd say all worked out well for what their purpose here was.

Yeah kind of what I was thinking too, since I haven't seen him the running in the past. Glad we're keeping continuity let's hope it pays off.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if Zampese will be a field coach, or stay in the booth like Brat. I like coordinators on the field.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I've always thought he was a POS, so it will be interesting to see if my opinion translates onto the field.

Not happy about this hire.

Same here, hope he surprises me.

He has lots of weapons to work with, so he might, who knows.
Reply/Quote
Meh not too happy about it. There's probably a reason nobody has sniffed around Zampese as a OC since 06 when the Lions interviewed him.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Wonder if Zampese will be a field coach, or stay in the booth like Brat. I like coordinators on the field.

Seems like a booth coach.
Reply/Quote
Color me just 'whelmed'; neither under nor over. Just 'whelmed'. Excitement to follow when we actually see how this turns out.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:10 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Looks like continuity was their biggest concern.  You see what constantly shifting offensive coordinators has done to some teams (see: Matt Ryan).

That's the way I see it.  But there's a reason he's been passed over so many times.  Hopefully my fears are unfounded, but I think they weighed his lack of quality against having to start from scratch with the crew we have.
Reply/Quote
Good "hiring."

Zampese continues our tradition of elevating good coaches, and of making sure we have at least one coordinator at all times who has a hard to spell name.

And for those who wanted someone flashier, remember, Zampese has been here to see what works and what doesn't. He knows the players, he knows their strengths. He (most likely) isn't going to come in and put everyone on a fad diet or chuck our playbook out the window or go with a new offense type.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Maybe they should think outside of the box and hire House's assistant as QB Coach. The one who came and visited Dalton during the bye week.

Reply/Quote