Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Minter visiting
Would be nice.

But thought we were broke ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This is most likely us kicking the tires. If Minter or Robinson are available in early April, then we will sign one of them.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 01:20 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Rep. That would make this defense very formidable. They must of watched the PATS/Dirty-birds game? Gotta have LBs that can cover to beat these short, pass happy teams. 

Sure would be nice if they are wanting to improve in pass coverage with our Linebackers.

Both these guys they brought in are good in coverage. We have always it seems had our troubles there.
Reply/Quote
Looks like the Bengals are back to their old tire kicking ways. They used to do this so much that this picture used to be a staple of the old boards:

[Image: kicking-the-tires.png]

I'm sure Toast Jones will remember.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Minter is probably long gone. But they haven't announced the visit yet (I don't think anyway). If they did he's certainly gone.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 04:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: This is most likely us kicking the tires. If Minter or Robinson are available in early April, then we will sign one of them.

Great point. They will let dust settle, so if he's there Monday or so I'll start getting excited. But doubt Colts let him leave Indy
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Another guy that could help us, but we're just gonna let him walk away. I'm convinced this front office doesn't plan on putting out a winning team next year.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
From Bengals.com

"They’re also talking to fifth-year Arizona linebacker Kevin Minter, a productive player who hasn’t missed a game in the last three years while starting 32 straight games and would young up the backers corps with 26-year-old legs.The 6-0, 246-pound Minter is a middle backer type, where the 30-year–old Rey Maualuga starts, and where Minter could probably play an outside spot."

Soooo Minter is young legs and very talented at MLB but he wouldn't start in the middle for us because we have Mauluaga who hardly seen the field last year he was so bad? Does any of this make sense? Just sign Minter and plug him in as the starter in the middle and let Vigil start SAM opposite of Burfict at WILL with Vinnie Rey first backup in and release Mauluaga. BAM, instant upgrade to the LB corp from a year ago and they may find another guy in the draft to develop as well. Please do something that makes since Cincinnati...
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
And...they must not be high on Vigil.
Reply/Quote
Hobspin speaks for management

The continued attachment of Bengals management  to Rey M and Bodine is unreal.

Both of these guys have been below average players ever since they signed with bengals.

How many games have been lost because of inferior play by these two players?

This makes me even more upset that stupidly refusing to franchise White.

:paul:

I hope they draft Foster just so they are forced to get rid of Rey M.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 12:09 PM)Okeana Wrote: This is actually one of those signings that I could see happening. They could cut Rey Maualuga and shift those funds to Minter same day.

YOU WIN.....Congrats man, good call.
Reply/Quote
Wow. They actually made a purchase after kicking a tire? You could knock me over with a feather.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Days that Maualuga remains a Bengal-would you take over or under 7.5?
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 11:03 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: Days that Maualuga remains a Bengal-would you take over or under 7.5?

over 50
Reply/Quote
Till after the 3rd pre season game.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 02:44 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Till after the 3rd pre season game.
MB may be a lot of bad things to many, but to his players he is loyal. If Rey is going to be cut (I hope he is also), I think MB does it sooner than later to give time for him to make another roster. I will be shocked if he is not cut prior to the draft.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 11:03 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: Days that Maualuga remains a Bengal-would you take over or under 7.5?

When it comes to the Bengals staying loyal, I'm always going to take the over. 

I think there's a good shot he gets released...eventually, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him on the 53 this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 11:04 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: When it comes to the Bengals staying loyal, I'm always going to take the over. 

I think there's a good shot he gets released...eventually, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him on the 53 this year.

I could see Rey getting released after OTAs. We make sure that Minter stays healthy and then give Rey time to catch on with another team.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Is there any trade value in R.Maulauga at all? 6th or 7th round pick. Who's to say they even cut him. I know they want to free up money but they might be fine with cutting Jones and one of the other LB's.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 01:02 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Is there any trade value in R.Maulauga at all? 6th or 7th round pick. Who's to say they even cut him. I know they want to free up money but they might be fine with cutting Jones and one of the other LB's.

As of right now, I don't see where they will feel the need to cut him. Minter replaces the departed Dansby in their eyes I would guess. The direction the draft goes will shed more light on what happens with him.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote