Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
La’el Collins Torn MCL and ACL. What’s the Plan?
With La’el tearing both his MCL and ACL what is our plan at RT now?
I’ve read threads below about Whit maybe being interested in retiring a Bengal and chasing another ring. I’d probably take a retired Whit over Adeniji, Carman, Smith etc?

What do you all think we do about RT?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
I'd say the plan is Adenji.

He has played reasonable well when pressed into action this year. He was a bad guard as the season played out in 2021, but tackle seems to be a stronger position for him. He's always has the size and athletic ability. Something just seems to be missing with consistency. I'm less worried about this than some people. He's not playing next to a scrub with Cappa at RG, so it's not like last year with he and Prince holding down the right side.

Whit would really have to want to come back to make any kind of reunion happen. I'm not sure that's the case. Nobody has any idea if he's been doing nay kind of conditioning, or if he's maintained weight in his retirement.

On top of that, we all saw how long it took to have 5 guys that never played together develop chemistry and gel at the beginning of the year. I'm not sure I want to risk seeing that play out in the postseason after bringing in a guy from the outside. Admittedly, though, Whit is probably a smart enough player to make the transition as seamless as possible.

I think Adeniji would have to bomb pretty badly to make the team consider an outside option.
Reply/Quote
Adeniji will be fine. The "move to guard" experiment has been scrubbed permanently and he is playing at his natural position and after a couple of seasons of strengthening and seasoning....he is ready. Collins play has been erratic this year anyway, so I really don't think we will see a big difference with the possibility of an actual improvement. I think Adeniji has better lateral movement and will handle speed rushers just a tad better than Collins.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:42 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: Adeniji will be fine. The "move to guard" experiment has been scrubbed permanently and he is playing at his natural position and after a couple of seasons of strengthening and seasoning....he is ready. Collins play has been erratic this year anyway, so I really don't think we will see a big difference with the possibility of an actual improvement. I think Adeniji has better lateral movement and will handle speed rushers just a tad better than Collins.

This... Collins has been a disappointment at best...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think last year it was a case of the entire O-Line making the entire O-Line look terrible. Adeniji's had most of this season to play with and learn from a much better O-line and has had an extra season of conditioning.. Bringing someone else in from outside at the last minute @ RT? Doesn't sound like much of a plan to me. It reeks of utter desperation and they're not utterly desperate.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Adeniji can do the job next to Cappa. I agree that Collins hasn’t been overwhelming.
But I’ll admit a big part of me wouldn’t mind seeing Big Whit retire as a Bengal even as a back up to Adeniji.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:42 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: Adeniji will be fine. The "move to guard" experiment has been scrubbed permanently and he is playing at his natural position and after a couple of seasons of strengthening and seasoning....he is ready. Collins play has been erratic this year anyway, so I really don't think we will see a big difference with the possibility of an actual improvement. I think Adeniji has better lateral movement and will handle speed rushers just a tad better than Collins.

Agreed. He was strong when head to head and in the run game but he struggled horribly with speed rushers.
Reply/Quote
Colins is the weak link. This may be a blessing in disguise as Adeneji has a shot to show he is the RT of the future.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Adeniji plus the promotion of one of the 2 OT on the practice squad

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
57.8 pff grade. I'd be more worried if he were a 70 or 80 grade.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:42 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: Adeniji will be fine.    The "move to guard" experiment has been scrubbed permanently and he is playing at his natural position and after a couple of seasons of strengthening and seasoning....he is ready.   Collins play has been erratic this year anyway, so I really don't think we will see a big difference with the possibility of an actual improvement.   I think Adeniji has better lateral movement and will handle speed rushers just a tad better than Collins.

20.4  pass blocking PFF.     Run Joey, Run !!!
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
So, we're gonna roll with Adeniji and a PS guy with possibly Bills, Ravens, Chargers/Dolphins, Bills , Chiefs in remaining weeks.  I'm worried we'll see some Brandon Allen.  Someone hold me.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 01:52 PM)Science Friction Wrote: 20.4  pass blocking PFF.     Run Joey, Run !!!

Have you rewatched the game on NFL game pass???

Did you focus on Adeniji?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:42 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: Adeniji will be fine.    The "move to guard" experiment has been scrubbed permanently and he is playing at his natural position and after a couple of seasons of strengthening and seasoning....he is ready.   Collins play has been erratic this year anyway, so I really don't think we will see a big difference with the possibility of an actual improvement.   I think Adeniji has better lateral movement and will handle speed rushers just a tad better than Collins.

I tend to agree with this. Even if Collins is better at run blocking it doesn't matter because we do not run much. I am not concerned and the chance of the Big Whit thing happening is somewhere around 0%. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:37 AM)samhain Wrote: I'd say the plan is Adenji.

He has played reasonable well when pressed into action this year. He was a bad guard as the season played out in 2021, but tackle seems to be a stronger position for him. He's always has the size and athletic ability. Something just seems to be missing with consistency. I'm less worried about this than some people. He's not playing next to a scrub with Cappa at RG, so it's not like last year with he and Prince holding down the right side.

Whit would really have to want to come back to make any kind of reunion happen. I'm not sure that's the case. Nobody has any idea if he's been doing nay kind of conditioning, or if he's maintained weight in his retirement.

On top of that, we all saw how long it took to have 5 guys that never played together develop chemistry and gel at the beginning of the year. I'm not sure I want to risk seeing that play out in the postseason after bringing in a guy from the outside. Admittedly, though, Whit is probably a smart enough player to make the transition as seamless as possible.

I think Adeniji would have to bomb pretty badly to make the team consider an outside option.

It’s going to be Adeniji from here on out,whether we like it or not.I personally think he looks better than last year,from what small amount I’ve seen from him so far.
Adeniji has played his best at LT.Should we move Jonah Williams to RT,and Adeniji to LT??? Jonah has been struggling some this year.His sacks allowed are pretty high on the list.For whatever reason,Adeniji plays best at LT than any other position.
Reply/Quote
If you take PFF scores as gospel, then you need to fix yourself.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:02 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Have you rewatched the game on NFL game pass???

Did you focus on Adeniji?

No. I just look at the grades of the PFF professors. They do the focusing for a living and know what to look for more than you or I do.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
So what did the PFF experts see in assigning that F grade to Adeniji that our scholars here didn't see? Someone make me feel better.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I may be the only person here thinking this, but I’d feel better with Prince at RT than Adeniji. That said, I’m definitely fine giving Hakeem the start this week with a full week to prepare as a starter and hopefully with some game planning to help him out a bit. I wouldn’t give him too long of a leash though before trying some other pieces.

I’d be all for Whit but that’s a long shot. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Spain brought back since he has G/T versatility and familiarity in the offense. Daryl Williams and Bobby Massie would be more recognizable FA names but that doesn’t seem to be a route this team has gone with in season injury replacements in the past.

I’d say the most likely scenario is simply adding Prince back to the active roster and signing a young OT who none of us have ever heard of to the PS.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:05 PM)Science Friction Wrote: No. I just look at the grades of the PFF professors. They do the focusing for a living and know what to look for more than you or I do.

I rewatched the game pausing it rewinding rewatching plays. He got beat on 4 or 5 swim moves hand fighting and 1 bull rush. He looked strong and sealed his guy a good distance from Joe for the most part other than the plays mentioned. His guy got some pressure on Joe maybe one sack but that was after his guy got stopped and he looped back around the 3-tech guy and got to Joe as he was running up field might have been a sack. Joe had to throw it in the dirt once cause 2 guys was running at him one of them being Adeniji guy.

The guy is solid he was thrust into the game against one of the best front 7 in the NFL against one of the best defensive mined coaches in the NFL. He played 3 decent quarters he will get better over the next two games. By the time we get into the playoffs he should be good to go.

I gave Collins a bit of hell last week wanting to see him improve on some stuff. I feel bad about it now since he got injured but I still like Collins hope he comes back from injury and does well here in Cincy or elsewhere.

Adeniji needs to improve on swim moves and hand fighting, but he is solid he is not the reason the game was so close.
Reply/Quote