Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
La’el Collins injury
This is the same team that stuck with Prince after Reiff. They ain’t signing anyone
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: When Riley Reiff went down with an injury last year, we ended up with a turnstile at right tackle. Isaiah Prince was a disaster. And Adeniji was getting bullied as well on the line. I believe the coaching staff is having nightmares right about now remembering what happened last year. Nobody wants to go through that again.

And we overcame last yr and made it to SB, few teams keep their starting 5 in place all year, losing 1 we can overcome 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:52 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: This is the same team that stuck with Prince after Reiff.  They ain’t signing anyone

The entire line was handicapped by the injury to Riley Reiff. He was more than adequate as right tackle and many were advocating that he be signed for depth. Depth did not look good heading into the season. But now its a little late and few viable options to bring in someone.
Reply/Quote
If prince is on the roster, but they’re going with Adeniji, doesn’t this mean Adeniji is a better RT than prince is?

Prince was the RT last year if I remember
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: When Riley Reiff went down with an injury last year, we ended up with a turnstile at right tackle. Isaiah Prince was a disaster. And Adeniji was getting bullied as well on the line. I believe the coaching staff is having nightmares right about now remembering what happened last year. Nobody wants to go through that again.

Prince was actually really good against Maxx Crosby in the playoffs. Most of the trouble against the Titans and Rams came on the interior.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
How has devin Cochran looked in preseason? he played well against the number 1 draft pick while at gtech.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 06:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Cut him or move him to LG

But why disrupt Volson’s development... Bengals have to re-sign guys. Makes the most sense to just move on

Yes, we have to re-sign guys, so you want to cut a guy that costs us dead cap money when a vet replacement will be MORE expensive, start a rookie mid round pick, or reach for a rookie tackle in Rd1 & start him? 

It makes NO sense to just move on. Not financial sense. Not for the short term roster. We are not signing a better vet RT for $4.3 mil or less, and I doubt a mid-round tackle draft pick is any better next year.

Though I will say using Collins at G (or depth at G) is not the worst idea. At least for next year. If an OT is there this draft (or next) and wins the position, then think about moving on. Doing it now is crazy.

Plus, I believe there are rules about cutting guys who are on IR. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Your father smelt of elderberries.

Word on the street is also that his mother was a hampster. 
Reply/Quote
So what is D'Ante Smith's timetable or is that a dream?
Reply/Quote
So much for those saying he walked off means it wasn't major. I have seen people walk off and be done for the year before. Sucks, for sure. o-Line had been improving together.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 10:43 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yes, we have to re-sign guys, so you want to cut a guy that costs us dead cap money when a vet replacement will be MORE expensive, start a rookie mid round pick, or reach for a rookie tackle in Rd1 & start him? 

It makes NO sense to just move on. Not financial sense. Not for the short term roster. We are not signing a better vet RT for $4.3 mil or less, and I doubt a mid-round tackle draft pick is any better next year.

Though I will say using Collins at G (or depth at G) is not the worst idea. At least for next year. If an OT is there this draft (or next) and wins the position, then think about moving on. Doing it now is crazy.

Plus, I believe there are rules about cutting guys who are on IR. 

Obviously I’m not talking about cutting him this season. If they draft a 1st round tackle, cut him. I’d rather they do that
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:40 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This is probably a more realistic comment than people want to admit. His injury history was already concerning, and an ACL and MCL tear in a man of his size could end his career, or significantly derail it.

OT is probably our #1 off-season priority outside of re-signing our guys.

Eh...tearing knee ligaments is worse in guys that run and cut alot.

He can recover from this.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 07:52 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: You can’t see it, but I don’t care.

Did you mean to quote me here? 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 06:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: Correct. The other issue here is that the only way to get him off the Rams team is to cut him. Putting aside for a moment that it would likely cost the Rams money to do so, at this point in the season anyone cut goes through waivers which means a competing team could claim him to prevent him from getting to us.

…it ain’t happening.

I'd say the chances McVey does Zac a solid and gets the Rams to let him out of his contract is greater than the chance he's still in football shape. He retired, I'm sure he's still working out but not like when he was playing.
Reply/Quote
They will probably roll with Adeniji. It’s not ideal, but like it was mentioned earlier, our issues last year were more interior, and our interior is pretty solid this year. Burrow can maneuver the pocket if the edges crash more so than the interior.
Reply/Quote
this could change the direction of next yrs draft and
OT may have move up the priority list.
7 - 8 month timetable for Collins sounds like he is out for start of next season
Reply/Quote