Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
La’el Collins injury
Wait..

First he does, then he doesn’t, then he does again?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
2 things:

Whit's a pipe dream

If he did come back wouldn't he still be Ram's property? He signed a 3 year contract in 2020
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It will be Adeniji with Prince up as back up. There is a major cap issue to get anyone in at this poin besides a guy off a practice squad or a league minimum. It’s not impossible to swing but would be so far outside of the Bengals comfort zone in what you’d have to do in order to make it happen.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 06:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2 things:

Whit's a pipe dream

If he did come back wouldn't he still be Ram's property? He signed a 3 year contract in 2020

Correct. The other issue here is that the only way to get him off the Rams team is to cut him. Putting aside for a moment that it would likely cost the Rams money to do so, at this point in the season anyone cut goes through waivers which means a competing team could claim him to prevent him from getting to us.

…it ain’t happening.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:54 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He is signed for multiple years after this, on a not outrageous deal, and has some significant, but not overwhelming dead cap (we'd only save $4.3 mil by cutting him next year, good luck getting a good RT for that). 

The statementon his injury said 7 month timeline. Only an estimate, but that is a bit on the shorr side fir an ACL +MCL tear.  Which leads me to believe the damage is not super extensive. If he is back by August, that is a win (from where we are now, anyway). 

Since he is obviously on IR, I'd expect a roster move. Though we coukd just elevate Prince. Though Smith & Carman have BOTH been inactive most weeks. That certainly will change. A call to Whit might be worth it, but he'd have to play for peanuts, and move to RT. Another vet not out of the question.  But I think we roll with Adeniji for at least 1 week. 

Cut him or move him to LG

But why disrupt Volson’s development... Bengals have to re-sign guys. Makes the most sense to just move on
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Stop it. The same thing happened with the Bills and Von Miller. Please let the old and tired narratives just die. The medical staff has done an excellent job with the injuries this season. They got key pieces like Chase and Reader back almost exactly when predicted.

Stop it? What are you, my Dad?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 06:42 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Stop it? What are you, my Dad?

You poor thing. You don't know who your dad is?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:01 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: If Adeniji proves to be as bad as last year Id try moving Cappa to RT and put Sharping in at RG.

Rewatching the game now first half Adeniji got beat by pass rush moves twice neither resulted in a sack. He stonewalled his guy once and Burrow was stepping up into the pocket and his guy looped around behind the 3-tech guy and tackled Burrow think this was a sack. But only thing that Adeniji could have done is lock onto him to keep him from moving backwards away from where he thought Burrow would be at not knowing he was moving up to run up the gut by the center. He had two bearhug type blocks one not so bad other could have drawn a flag but didn't. He did pass up a few guys on a wide zone type blocking play and ended up not blocking anyone on the play, but the play looked bad, and a few guys was running free. 

The second half he got beat 4 times none resulting in a sack but a few hurries. I seen he was pushed back twice in the game by bullrush or just setting too deep and being knocked back. Overall, he looked strong and solid at pass blocking not much movement or turning his guy a great deal in the run blocking. Seen him turn his guy a couple times. When he got beat it was on swim type moves the other guy beating him with his hands. Twice I think his guy got around the outside edge on him, but he impeded him enough to let Joe get pass off.

They have real good pass rushers, so I am pleased and am not overly concerned about the playoffs with him playing. He needs to work on the swim move stuff and he will be a much better player.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:08 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Bengals crack medical staff does it again.

You can't see it, but eyes are rolling over this bs remark
Reply/Quote
Dang. Bengals lost their free agent right tackle last year and that proved disastrous. Just a freak injury and one on a play where Zac was trying to get a time out. And then Adenji gets a 20 grade by PFF?

At least the Bengals had the experience of this last year and hopefully have been thinking about it since. They already knew that Collins had a bad back.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:01 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: If Adeniji proves to be as bad as last year Id try moving Cappa to RT and put Sharping in at RG.

(12-25-2022, 07:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You can't see it, but eyes are rolling over this bs remark

You can’t see it, but I don’t care.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

Didn’t Sharping have two penalties yesterday? Can’t imagine he was in for more than a few plays.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 08:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Didn’t Sharping have two penalties yesterday?  Can’t imagine he was in for more than a few plays.

He had 9 snaps.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 08:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He had 9 snaps.

Thank you. Not a great average.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Put me in the category of not having any faith in Adeniji. Adeniji is a turnstile and I hope Burrow doesn’t get killed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Spain played tackle in college.
I wouldn't be afraid to sign him off the couch for insurance.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 06:42 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Stop it? What are you, my Dad?

Your father smelt of elderberries.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Your father smelt of elderberries.

And your mother was a hamster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Your father smelt of elderberries.

[video=youtube]http://[/video]
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:09 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Put me in the category of not having any faith in Adeniji.  Adeniji is a turnstile and I hope Burrow doesn’t get killed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When Riley Reiff went down with an injury last year, we ended up with a turnstile at right tackle. Isaiah Prince was a disaster. And Adeniji was getting bullied as well on the line. I believe the coaching staff is having nightmares right about now remembering what happened last year. Nobody wants to go through that again.
Reply/Quote