Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaFell = Torn Ligament in Hand
Quote:The Bengals could be without wide receiver Brandon LaFell for a spell.

LaFell is not practicing on Tuesday and Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that he suffered a torn ligament in his hand and may need to have surgery on it. Per Garafolo, that wouldn’t be a season-ending injury but there’s no word on an expected timeline for LaFell’s absence.

LaFell is currently listed as the starter at wide receiver alongside A.J. Green, but any extended absence would open the door for rookie Tyler Boyd to see a bump in playing time at the start of his NFL career.

With injuries to tight ends Tyler Eifert and Tyler Kroft creating uncertainty about their availability at the start of the year, Boyd could also be looking at a bump in passes being thrown his way should LaFell not make it back in time for Week One.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/16/report-brandon-lafell-dealing-with-torn-ligament-in-hand/

Another day another Bengal down.
Reply/Quote
I believe that fully functioning hands are important for a wide receiver, correct?
Reply/Quote
This is just getting too crazy with all the injuries.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Lol, I get more scared to go onto the internet every day!

Well, Boyd is lookin good, lets cross our fingers he can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
Anyone else starting to think Brandon Tate is going to be a full time starter this year?

Cool
Reply/Quote
Hopefully, Marvin is right:

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 01:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Hopefully, Marvin is right:

Agree, but it might be time to bring in a roddy white or colston.  It would be nice to have a veteran reciever on opening day other than AJ.  

Brian hartline and Dwayne bowe are also available still
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't trust the training staff as far as I can throw them. Torn ligament that "might need surgery" doesn't sound like a week 1 starter to me.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 01:46 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Agree, but it might be time to bring in a roddy white or colston.  It would be nice to have a veteran reciever on opening day other than AJ.  

We do, his name is Brandon Tate..... Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 01:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: We do, his name is Brandon Tate..... Cool

In the words of chad Johnson "Child Please"
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 01:46 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Agree, but it might be time to bring in a roddy white or colston.  It would be nice to have a veteran reciever on opening day other than AJ.  

Yes, i also believe it is time. 

Colston

Reply/Quote
I just saw the name Dwayne Bowe.

If we sign Dwayne Bowe I am no longer a Bengal fan.

Good lord, if we sign Dwayne Bowe I will go down to Cincinnati and burn down the stadium.
Reply/Quote
For a while it looked like Justin Hunter would not even make the Titans 53 man roster, but they just traded Dorial Green-Beckham today.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 01:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I just saw the name Dwayne Bowe.

If we sign Dwayne Bowe I am no longer a Bengal fan.

Good lord, if we sign Dwayne Bowe I will go down to Cincinnati and burn down the stadium.

Seems like a bit of n overreaction.  But ok
Reply/Quote
If the knee is OK Devin Hester could kill a couple birds.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

i believe Riley Cooper is also available.

Is it time to call back flipping simpson yet?
Reply/Quote
All of these injuries have to be weather related. It's been brutal out there for some time now. It's awesome from a old school perspective the team practices in the city. The only problem is these aren't old school players. Their super athletic bodies need to be pampered more.

We need a ***** bubble.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 02:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i believe Riley Cooper is also available.

Is it time to call back flipping simpson yet?

I think Simpson is still a niner?

Cooper wouldn't be bad, we just need to make sure we have a guy who can run 10 yards and catch a ball.  
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 02:20 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: All of these injuries have to be weather related. It's been brutal out there for some time now. It's awesome from a old school perspective the team practices in the city. The only problem is these aren't old school players. Their super athletic bodies need to be pampered more.

We need a ***** bubble.

Get ready for the attacks...
Reply/Quote
Figures as soon as people finally convince me LaFell isn't going to be crap he ends up getting hurt.
Reply/Quote