Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaFell cut
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Per Mike Garafolo via LaFells agent. Transaction to take place later today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This is a good sign. LaFell was not as bad as a lot of people here claimed. This means the young guys are looking good.
Reply/Quote
Cool. I didnt think they would so good for them. Especially since his agent basically said he didn't even want to be here anymore.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ Green
Alex Erickson
Auden Tate
John Ross
Josh Malone
Tyler Boyd

Easy enough.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Garafalo....

Marvin Lewis said this week LaFell was “feeling the heat” of the other receivers and that they could only keep so many. Might’ve been a flare to the rest of the league that LaFell was available. But he’s free to sign elsewhere when the transaction goes through today.

Dehner
Been saying this all offseason. It only made sense. Rest of the room is too young and looking too good. Plus, $$$.

Reply/Quote
Apparently they also will save $3 million per Dehner Jr.

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1025021276287651841
It does clear the money. They save $3M with the move.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Also, as I have pointed out before, almost all contract extensions for Bengal players are worked out during training camp. This gives us $3 million in cap space, and only $1 million dead money.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:22 AM)pally Wrote: Per Mike Garafolo via LaFells agent.  Transaction to take place later today

If true, I take it as a sign that the process is working - sign and develop young talent to eventually take over from the those who have peaked and started to decline. This 2018 Bengals organization seems to be checking all the boxes.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Hate it for Lafell as he was nothing but a professional during his time with the Bengals, but it was the right move. Saving the cap space (hopefully helps get Atkins and Dunlap locked up long-term) and allowing the younger receivers playing time. Also appears Auden Tate just made the 53 man roster with this move and that his injury not serious. Nice move by the front office and good luck to Lafell going forward.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:30 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Hate it for Lafell as he was nothing but a professional during his time with the Bengals, but it was the right move.  Saving the cap space (hopefully helps get Atkins and Dunlap locked up long-term) and allowing the younger receivers playing time.  Also appears Auden Tate just made the 53 man roster with this move and that his injury not serious. Nice move by the front office and good luck to Lafell going forward.

Class move by the organization. LaFell will get a new job and paid well on a new team. He will be able to learn their offense, if team waited until September final cut, his options would have been limited.

I wish him the best, he did a good job here in my opinion.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Embarrassing to think Lafell had to ask for his release. This Front Office just can't quit folks.

They should have been the one with the sense it was time to move on and released him. Like I said all offseason.

Like staying with a girl cheating on you just to have her dump you in the end.

I guess we have to wait for MJ to ask for his release next.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I could see New England or Cleveland as landing spots. Hue could use a stable veteran inside his WR room

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:35 AM)jj22 Wrote: Embarrassing to think Lafell had to ask for his release. This Front Office just can't quit folks.

I missed that, do you have a link.

But either way, Earl Thomas has asked to be traded so not sure relevance as it happens all the time guys being asked to be traded or released.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
My money is on he'll be in camp with the Pats before the sun sets.
Reply/Quote
The original tweet says they have been basically begging for his release for some time now.

The point was we all knew he should have been cut. We've been debating it all offseason. Not sure what that has to do with Earl Thomas. A guy in his prime that no fan was saying needed to be cut.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Been saying this all off-season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:33 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Class move by the organization. LaFell will get a new job and paid well on a new team. He will be able to learn their offense, if team waited until September final cut, his options would have been limited.

I wish him the best, he did a good job here in my opinion.

He could also go back to New England, where he already knows the offense and had some success. They did just cut Matthews too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:44 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Been saying this all off-season.

Then you should be very happy with the FO.

This is one more change in 2018 of operating differently in a good way. I stated in another thread, we are too loyal honoring contracts, at times we need to cut players or ask them to take pay cuts (MJ is prime person to ask in 2018).

So kudos to the FO

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:35 AM)jj22 Wrote: Embarrassing to think Lafell had to ask for his release. This Front Office just can't quit folks.

They should have been the one with the sense it was time to move on and released him. Like I said all offseason.

Like staying with a girl cheating on you just to have her dump you in the end.

I guess we have to wait for MJ to ask for his release next.

I don't think it's embarrassing.
I think the FO saw LaFell as insurance in case one of the young guys went down in preseason.
I expected he'd probably get released based on the glowing reports of other WRs out of TC but I thought it would have happened later in preseason.
I'm glad LaFell will have an opportunity to latch onto a new team before preseason games begin.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote