Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaFell cut
(08-02-2018, 02:46 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I heard he was injured yesterday. Nothing serious I'm guessing?

His head hit the ground and heard birds chirping. His dad has reported he is fine. Seems they are just taking precautionary measures.
Reply/Quote
Crap now hes gonna come back all Rambo style... they drew first blood
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 02:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I agree. They saw how much the young guys had progressed and they saw the writing on the wall, hence asking for his release. I doubt they "begged" the Bengals to release him as someone said.

Now we just gotta make sure Boyd don't loan his car to anymore weed heads. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now we just gotta make sure Boyd don't loan his car to anymore weed heads. 

at least he seems smarter than jerome simpson thus far.
Reply/Quote
Wow didn't really see that coming. Seems to be a sign that both Erickson and Tate will be on the 53 man roster.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:30 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Hate it for Lafell as he was nothing but a professional during his time with the Bengals, but it was the right move.  Saving the cap space (hopefully helps get Atkins and Dunlap locked up long-term) and allowing the younger receivers playing time.  Also appears Auden Tate just made the 53 man roster with this move and that his injury not serious. Nice move by the front office and good luck to Lafell going forward.
NO Way Tate has made roster, pre season will determine that Core still had a shot and Tate on sideline last few days is not the way my you want to start training camp
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 04:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: NO Way Tate has made roster, pre season will determine that Core still had a shot and Tate on sideline last few days is not the way my you want to start training camp

Auden was on the sideline cause of a concussion, nothing to do with his play, he has been stellar.

TD machine will make the roster, book it.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:37 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I missed that, do you have a link.

But either way, Earl Thomas has asked to be traded so not sure relevance as it happens all the time guys being asked to be traded or released.

Quote is Literally the first post
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 04:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: NO Way Tate has made roster, pre season will determine that Core still had a shot and Tate on sideline last few days is not the way my you want to start training camp
Tate has a better catch radius than Core and looks to be stronger all around.
Core is going on year 3 and really hasnt shown much growth especially when last year he had chances to ascend up.the depth chart
Tate has gone from a deep 7th rd pick to making a serious run at the last WR spot.
thats some serious growth in a small time frame.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 01:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I mean, he was cutting edge at one time.  I think you hit the nail on the head......COMPLACENCY.  That, and too much authority over the offense as a position coach.  I was kind of taken aback when we learned he was the run game coordinator, and dictated blocking scheme to the OC.  That just sounds like a weird situation to put an OC in to me.  Then you add in Asst. HC.....sheesh!  No wonder he thought he had a lifetime gig!

I was done with PA when I heard the ketchup bottle thing.  Not just that it was stupid, which it was, but because wtf was he doing with Heinz?   Heinz is verboten in my house.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Tate is in.   Mark it down.  In ink.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/02/a-j-green-will-miss-brandon-lafell-but-thinks-young-guys-are-ready-to-play/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 04:44 PM)McC Wrote: I was done with PA when I heard the ketchup bottle thing.  Not just that it was stupid, which it was, but because wtf was he doing with Heinz?   Heinz is verboten in my house.  

I only use Huntz....  But more for a High Frutose corn syrup reason....
Reply/Quote

Nothing is final Yet.. But Lafell off the roster the chances of Tate being in the Top 6 WRs is much better.

Gotta think if core had been shining in practice so far (last year)  he would have gotten some more shots..

Only WRs I haven't heard of making plays in TC so far is Core and Lafell.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:53 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Not embarrassing to me either. Taking the first week of camp to confirm we have the quality, health, and depth of the group before letting him go is in the best interest for the team. Now all involved move forward. Well done. 

See it this way too. 

Coaches must really like what they are seeing from WR competition. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 01:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Amen, PA may have been a great OL coach at one time, but even the good ones become complacent when not challenged. H felt he had a life long gig. I thought so too. Glad we moved on.

So glad !

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 02:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Man....just posted a video of Charlie Ward hitting Warrick Dunn for a 50 yard TD against Florida in '93 on FB....great memories of a magical season, and our first National Title.  Both of those guys are great human beings, much better than the last douche at QB when we won it. Whatever

Anyway, been a fan since the 80s....Neon Deion....all those wide rights....the hey day of the Bowden era was a lot of fun.  Besides, Burt Reynolds played there. LOL 

I don't think he is either  Wink

Been watching them longer than you, did not expect that. 

But my Dad took me to watch Florida State every time they played Louisville in the 70's. 

Always telling me to take note of Bobby Bowden because he would be a great one. 

But during all those drum-ings I somehow became a Cardinal fan instead.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 05:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nothing is final Yet.. But Lafell off the roster the chances of Tate being in the Top 6 WRs is much better.

Gotta think if core had been shining in practice so far (last year)  he would have gotten some more shots..

Only WRs I haven't heard of making plays in TC so far is Core and Lafell.

Apparently Core had a good day today. Caught 2 TD’s.

The WR battle should be very interesting the rest of the way.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 05:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Apparently Core had a good day today. Caught 2 TD’s.

The WR battle should be very interesting the rest of the way.

yeah I saw those post after I made that one..  I'd rather their be a battle than a clear cut decision...
Reply/Quote
I know you will think I am crazy, but does anyone else think Tate might make a great TE? His speed will never make him an elite deep threat but his his size and huge hands could make for a nice reliable short target. All I have read about him is that he is great on contested passes and route running. Perhaps some blocking coaching and added weight might take the pressure of having to rely on Eifert. I believe he played some TE at Florida State. Who wouldn't want a 6'5" TE that could man up against LBs?
Reply/Quote