Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landslide Incoming
(11-09-2016, 10:24 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: The majority of the people on all the Libertarian sites I've frequented state that were they not voting for Gary, they'd stay home.

The few that said otherwise we're fairly even, in choosing Dem/Rep.
There was a slight edge towards Rep.

So, I don't think you could count the LP percentages towards swaying that much.

I can also say that 7/8 of the people that I converted were disgusted with both candidates.
I converted well over 100, with my "Come to Gary" meetings.
It's easy to say you "would have" done something if the option wasn't there, but I think a decent amount of people would have voted against who they believed to be the lesser of two evils if it came down to it. I am not blaming them if it comes across that way (honestly not sure either was a safe choice), I am just pointing out that if you follow the votes it is interesting when comparing the margins in certain places from 2012 to last night. As I said before though, it could have simply been the disinterest in voting for either which propped up Johnson, but either way something that will be reviewed heavily in the coming months and years.
(11-09-2016, 10:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, I think people will look back and see that it was actually Gary Johnson that really determined this election. Maybe it was the hate for both candidates that made a 3rd party candidate an appealing option, but if you look at every swing state outside of Ohio his vote total could have moved it to the other side. Maybe any option could have had that impact on this election, but it will be the analysis of Gary Johnson's impact on the election going forward that will be really interesting.

I disagree.

At our polling place I was #888.  I don't think I've ever been about 400 when I vote after work.

Listening to a few of the people in line there were quite a few first time voters.  They were white, they wore shit kickers, they all wanted paper ballots to make sure their vote was counted correctly.

And there's nothing wrong with that at all.  They wanted to vote and they did.

I'm not 100% sure they knew what they were voting for based on what I heard in line but they voted and those votes count too.

There were more angry, rural voters who feel this country isn't like the one they grew up in who wanted to go back to that.  Now we see if that indeed happens.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-09-2016, 10:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: propped up Johnson

Never gets old.

But, yeah I get where you're coming from and agree it will be an interesting study.
(11-09-2016, 10:14 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You know what would've prevented a far-left SCOTUS? Confirming the ***** current nominee.

As a gesture across the aisle, they should do that now.  They won't, but they should.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
How is Trump getting Mexico to pay for the wall you might ask. Here's a list of celebrities that promised to move if Trump is elected. Mexico will gladly build the wall to keep these people out of there country.

Amy (unfunny) schumer
Lena Dunham
Barbra Streisand
Bryan Cranston
Miley Cyrus
Amy Schumer
Jon Stewart
Cher
Chelsea Handler
Samuel L. Jackson
Whoopi Goldberg
Neve Campbell
Keegan-Michael Key
George Lopez
Ne-Yo
Rev. Al Sharpton
Raven-Symoné
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(11-09-2016, 10:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: I disagree.

At our polling place I was #888.  I don't think I've ever been about 400 when I vote after work.

Listening to a few of the people in line there were quite a few first time voters.  They were white, they wore shit kickers, they all wanted paper ballots to make sure their vote was counted correctly.

I'm not 100% sure they knew what they were voting for based on what I heard in line but they voted and those votes count too.

There were more angry, rural voters who feel this country isn't like the one they grew up in who wanted to go back to that.  Now we see if that indeed happens.

Voting across the country was substantially down, I have seen reports saying as much as 15ish Million. There will be a lot of theories and it may take years to truly figure out what happened. Lot's of firsts in this election to look at.
(11-09-2016, 10:45 AM)6andcounting Wrote: How is Trump getting Mexico to pay for the wall you might ask. here's a list of celebrities that promised to move is Trump is elected. Mexico will gladly build the wall to keep these people out of there country.

Amy (unfunny) schumer
Lena Dunham
Barbra Streisand
Bryan Cranston
Miley Cyrus
Amy Schumer
Jon Stewart
Cher
Chelsea Handler
Samuel L. Jackson
Whoopi Goldberg
Neve Campbell
Keegan-Michael Key
George Lopez
Ne-Yo
Rev. Al Sharpton
Raven-Symoné

Can we keep Cranston? I am okay with the rest going.
(11-09-2016, 10:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: Voting across the country was substantially down, I have seen reports saying as much as 15ish Million. There will be a lot of theories and it may take years to truly figure out what happened. Lot's of firsts in this election to look at.

Oh!  I went to bed before all the votes were counted.

At some point they said Clinton was mostly hitting her polling numbers but Trump was outdoing his so I figured voting was up overall too.
(11-09-2016, 10:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: I disagree.

People of that demographic who think the country will ever go back to what it looked like when they were kids are flat ignorant.  The global economy took care of that and it's not stopping.  There's no politician or demagogue who can do anything about it.  
(11-09-2016, 10:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh!  I went to bed before all the votes were counted.

At some point they said Clinton was mostly hitting her polling numbers but Trump was outdoing his so I figured voting was up overall too.

I read a story today that with 97% of the votes counted it does appear to be way down. We won't know for sure for a while, but it does appear many sat this one out.
(11-09-2016, 02:58 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Benghazi helped but it's definitely more than that.

Trump basically did everything he could do to not win this election and still won. it's like he could've killed himself and still been president.

You're correct, there is more to it than Benghazi.  However, the most cited reason people dislike "Crooked" Hillary is because she is a liar/untrustworthy.  Republicans used Benghazi as a recurring reminder Hillary is a liar.
(11-09-2016, 06:37 AM)Trademark Wrote: Praise God that Trump won! I'm proud to be an American

Obama is a more devout Christian than Trump, so why would you praise God Trump won?
(11-09-2016, 12:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Obama is a more devout Christian than Trump, so why would you praise God Trump won?

By Christian do you mean Muslim? Ninja
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-09-2016, 12:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Obama is a more devout Christian than Trump, so why would you praise God Trump won?

Obama is a black!  He canit be a chrastan! 
(11-09-2016, 09:29 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: This is a direct result of SJW's, Safe Spaces, BLM, ect..
People who had been changing from their outdated ways were still getting beat down, told they were still racist, they had white privilege, hit with the bathroom saga, ect...
Trump was a knee-jerk reaction to never being good enough, never being accepted, and treated as they were accused of treating of treating others.
They decided that if they were going to be continually labeled the bad guy, they'd put that shoe on and kick someone in the ass.
That's what I've ascertained, during my stumping for Johnson.

The Deplorables thing really resonated.

1,000 time this.  

(11-09-2016, 10:02 AM)GMDino Wrote: So you're saying Trump was the safe place for people who didn't like that "others" were getting the same rights as them?

No, although your response is further evidence of what Roto is talking about.  The far left was really feeling themselves and they went insanely overboard.  Actions prompt reactions, your attempts to frame this as a response to the civil rights act just shows why you failed.  
(11-09-2016, 10:14 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You know what would've prevented a far-left SCOTUS? Confirming the ***** current nominee.

On many issues, I agree.  Hillary's position on the second amendment really hurt her and many Democrats predicted it would a long time ago.  You look at the insane ballot measures in some states, including the most inane one in California (thanks Gavin Newsome you piece of shit) and you see why many gun owners legitimately feared a Clinton presidency.  When she told a questioner during the primaries that we should, "look into", the Australian model on gun control, which is outright confiscation, she drew an insanely far left line on an issue that is really important to many Americans.  It definitely cost her.
(11-09-2016, 10:45 AM)6andcounting Wrote: How is Trump getting Mexico to pay for the wall you might ask. here's a list of celebrities that promised to move is Trump is elected. Mexico will gladly build the wall to keep these people out of there country.

Amy (unfunny) schumer
Lena Dunham
Barbra Streisand
Bryan Cranston
Miley Cyrus
Amy Schumer
Jon Stewart
Cher
Chelsea Handler
Samuel L. Jackson
Whoopi Goldberg
Neve Campbell
Keegan-Michael Key
George Lopez
Ne-Yo
Rev. Al Sharpton
Raven-Symoné

I have a major concern that Miley will move to Canada and hook-up with Justin Bieber, thus creating demon-spawn children to kill us all!!!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(11-09-2016, 09:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There's no point pretending he hasn't said these things anymore. He's President elect. Despite Hillary projected to win the popular vote by over 1% once California is fully reported, he will be President. 

We do not have to pretend like he didn't call for a ban on Muslim, hasn't announced his intention to roll back executive orders protecting LGBT federal workers, hasn't voice a desire to end gay marriage, and hasn't suggested women who get abortions should be punished. 

He has also called for amnesty for illegal immigrants, late term abortions, gun control including an assault rifle ban, socialized medicine, a progressive tax which taxes the richest the most, etc, etc.

So I don't know which Trump we're going to get as President.
(11-09-2016, 12:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He has also called for amnesty for illegal immigrants, late term abortions, gun control including an assault rifle ban, socialized medicine, a progressive tax which taxes the richest the most, etc, etc.

So I don't know which Trump we're going to get as President.

I think it's pretty obvious.  He'll reward his supporters, especially the early ones (Sessions, the NRA, etc.) and stick in in his opponents.  As far as abortion, he'll do what every GOP president since Roe v. Wade has done, nothing.  I am hoping we get a national law on firearms to override the inane bullshit laws like the ones in CA.
(11-09-2016, 12:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: 1,000 time this.  

No, although your response is further evidence of what Roto is talking about.  The far left was really feeling themselves and they went insanely overboard.  Actions prompt reactions, your attempts to frame this as a response to the civil rights act just shows why you failed.  

Gay marriage is the same as the civil rights act?

Also...light up sally.