Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lap’s official pick Is in..
This has the makings of a game-changing draft or this team. It would be revolutionary for the Bengals to draft a C in the first round, but when you look at a player like Braham and compare him to some of the wasted high picks we've made, I would've been content to spend a 1st on him in hindsight. The C position is underrated, and OL is where its at in general. The best teams win at the line. A good OL can make average skill players look above average.

Ragnow will look great in stripes. I hope we land him, but there are other options I'd be happy with too. Its amazing how upset I was the day after regular season ended, but now, this has turned into a very exciting offseason. Super excited about the direction of the team right now.
Reply/Quote
This will be the only time I hope Lap is correct, so I'm sure he will be gone or we will pick a WR/CB. Scares me that he's so high on Price, if not Ragnow then Daniels or go with Hernandez. I don't think Price will even play this year, I'm sure he will have some sort of setback if we select him.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 08:27 PM)TKUHL Wrote: This will be the only time I hope Lap is correct, so I'm sure he will be gone or we will pick a WR/CB. Scares me that he's so high on Price, if not Ragnow then Daniels or go with Hernandez. I don't think Price will even play this year, I'm sure he will have some sort of setback if we select him.

Im ok with price at 46 to play RG. Unless Hernandez is somehow there.

After we take ragnow at 21 ofc
Reply/Quote
Meh..pick a backup kicker at 21.. who needs a great center after all?  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 10:02 PM)grampahol Wrote: Meh..pick a backup kicker at 21.. who needs a great center after all?  

True, our first round picks don't play anyway.
Reply/Quote
Price fits the injured first round pick mold. But we are also in that CB comfort zone. Would not be surprised with a pick nobody saw coming.
Reply/Quote
Peter Shrager of NFL.com has us taking:

James Daniels at 21

Mark Andrews TE out of Oklahoma at 46

Luke Falk QB Washington St. at 77

I dont know about this. Andrews seems to me like a Tyler Eifert clone, but he has Diabetes and it says that he has become unresponsive multiple times during games. (Maybe they should check Ogbuehi for Diabetes then).

Luke Falk from what they wrote on his draft analysis seems to be an Andy Dalton clone.
Reply/Quote
Lap did say that it's possible the Bengals will go with a defensive player if one of the big guys falls, like Derwin James. 

Both Lap and Board also talked about their own ideal picks. I believe Lap went with McGlinchey and grabbing a center in the second. Hoard's pick was a little more surprising. He really wants Rashaan Evans. He believes he fills a big need, with the Burfict uncertainty, and it hurts the Steelers. He said it's a big reason why he loved the WJ3 pick. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 12:50 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Lap did say that it's possible the Bengals will go with a defensive player if one of the big guys falls, like Derwin James. 

Both Lap and Board also talked about their own ideal picks. I believe Lap went with McGlinchey and grabbing a center in the second. Hoard's pick was a little more surprising. He really wants Rashaan Evans. He believes he fills a big need, with the Burfict uncertainty, and it hurts the Steelers. He said it's a big reason why he loved the WJ3 pick. 

Is Derwin James supposed to fall that far?  Is it because of teams' needs or is he just falling out of favor?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 12:57 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Is Derwin James supposed to fall that far?  Is it because of teams' needs or is he just falling out of favor?

James has been all over the place. I've seen him as high as 6th and as low as 19th. There's a possibility this winds up like 2013, when we had a player that was in our top 10 fall to us.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 12:49 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Peter Shrager of NFL.com has us taking:

James Daniels at 21

Mark Andrews TE out of Oklahoma at 46

Luke Falk QB Washington St.  at 77

I dont know about this.  Andrews seems to me like a Tyler Eifert clone, but he has Diabetes and it says that he has become unresponsive multiple times during games. (Maybe they should check Ogbuehi for Diabetes then).

Luke Falk from what they wrote on his draft analysis seems to be an Andy Dalton clone.

Daniels is tweeting that we are taking him. who knows.
Reply/Quote
There’s a couple other guys that have us taking Daniels as well...

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/2018/04/25/nfl-draft-james-daniels-josh-jackson-allen-lazard-joel-lanning-michael-joseph-daurice-fountain/551940002/

Reply/Quote
I think we can get Ragnow in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 08:27 PM)TKUHL Wrote: This will be the only time I hope Lap is correct, so I'm sure he will be gone or we will pick a WR/CB. Scares me that he's so high on Price, if not Ragnow then Daniels or go with Hernandez. I don't think Price will even play this year, I'm sure he will have some sort of setback if we select him.

They were talking on NFL radio this morning that there may not be ANY WR's go in the first round. They spouted some stats that of the last three or four years, there have only been 30 WR's taken in the first round, and that only 9 of them have more than 40 catches. They were saying they could not generate separation because their route running was poor, and that the coaching in college has a lot to do with it. It was almost as if they were talking about Ross solely.  They said they thought there was only 1 (don't remember his name) WR in this draft ready to play in the NFL... so I doubt we take a receiver early.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 03:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I found one line prior to the Marvin Lewis interview yesterday pretty telling. He introduced the long time season ticket holder who is going to hand the Jersey to our pick, and as they were sitting down they were talking about the pick, and Marvin asked him who his pick was. The guy says Oline. Marvin says "what makes you think there will be an olineman left worthy of that spot. Kinda tells me he thinks there are only a couple worth the 21st pick....
Then Marvin is an idiot.  Does this mean with a draft containing Miller, Brown, McGlinchey, Williams, Christian, Nelson, Wynn, Corbett, Hernandez, Smith, Daniels, Price, Ragnow, Cole, Clapp he doesn't think there will be any O Linemen WORTHY of being a Bengal.  Nonsense.  We need blocking and we need a Center.  Just take Ragnow, Daniels or Price in ONE. We get our Center and it sets up Round 2.  In Round 2 we won't need a Center, so we can take a Round 1 talent that falls to us in early 2, no matter what position he plays. There will be Round 1 players fall to 2, and Bengals can use help just about everywhere.  Taking the Center sets up Round 2 and really rest of the draft. Get Center out of the way at the top

MESSAGE TO MARVIN & MIKE BROWN :  What makes you think you can get a center at pick 46 ?   Ragnow, Daniels and Price could all be gone since teams are looking at all of them in 1 or before we pick in 2. Bodine gone, the top picks gone and now you are forced to go lower level centers in draft. That would be Marvelous, Marvin. By getting cute in Round 1, we end up not getting any of the 3 top centers. Look Marv & Bengals, Lapham is right. The long time fan handing out the uniform is right. Take the Center and don't get cute or you may get shut out on centers. Taking the center sets you up perfect for Round 2 and rest of draft anyway Marvin. Just take the Center in One.  Lapham is right on this one as is the old season ticket holder.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Screw it; take Daniels AND Ragnow.
Reply/Quote

It seems like our FO's MO to convince themselves that a guy like Billy Price is a steal because we don't need to play him in year one so we have the luxury of mortgaging the now for the later.  So take Billy Price in the 20s and convince yourself he would be a top 10 prospect if he weren't injured.  What's the rush?  Our GM and HC aren't exactly on a "need to win now" schedule like so many others.

Injured 1st rounder...let's do it.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 08:56 AM)kevin Wrote: Then Marvin is an idiot.  Does this mean with a draft containing Miller, Brown, McGlinchey, Williams, Christian, Nelson, Wynn, Corbett, Hernandez, Smith, Daniels, Price, Ragnow, Cole, Clapp he doesn't think there will be any O Linemen WORTHY of being a Bengal. 

No, I think what he was saying was that they may not be worthy of a 21st pick in the 1st round. And if your strategy is "Best Player Available" then you don't reach...... (not saying I agree with him, but I believe that is what he meant.)
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 10:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It seems like our FO's MO to convince themselves that a guy like Billy Price is a steal because we don't need to play him in year one so we have the luxury of mortgaging the now for the later.  So take Billy Price in the 20s and convince yourself he would be a top 10 prospect if he weren't injured.  What's the rush?  Our GM and HC aren't exactly on a "need to win now" schedule like so many others.

Injured 1st rounder...let's do it.

I would only want Price if it means get Mglinchey in the first round. If Ragnow is there I hope these people are smart enough to take him. I guarantee that if Andy Dalton doesnt have to worry about pressure up the middle he will be a top 10 QB. Add in a healthy Eifert for a whole season and the Bengals could do this thing. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 08:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Im ok with price at 46 to play RG.  Unless Hernandez is somehow there.

After we take ragnow at 21 ofc

PFF thinks we can get Wynn @ 21 and Ragnow @ 46
Reply/Quote