Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Lapham called out Ross
(09-25-2018, 09:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Or the fumble he failed to recover. Seriously, how do you not recover that? He was literally laying on top of it. 

Are you guys serious??? You're gonna hack on Hubbard for almost blocking a punt (which is a hard play and does not happen all that much), and for not recovering the fumble. The ball was still bouncing around. How many times have we seen football fumbles where 4-5 guys fall all over the ball before someone actually secures it. The ball has points, it is not round and does not react well to people falling on it. Geeze...... 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 09:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Or the fumble he failed to recover. Seriously, how do you not recover that? He was literally laying on top of it. 

He pretty much fell directly down on top of it with his chest hitting the ball basically. Im sure if he could go back, he would have fallen with his body in more of a fetal position, but it happened so fast I cant fault him there.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 12:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Are you guys serious??? You're gonna hack on Hubbard for almost blocking a punt (which is a hard play and does not happen all that much), and for not recovering the fumble. The ball was still bouncing around. How many times have we seen football fumbles where 4-5 guys fall all over the ball before someone actually secures it. The ball has points, it is not round and does not react well to people falling on it. Geeze...... 
No doubt man.

"I'm out there bustin' my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:18 AM)Au165 Wrote: Ross stopped running to turn to the inside and watch but Dalton had him on a seam so he threw the seam to where he should have been heading. Ross doesn't run through his routes, he is the opposite of Tyler Boyd who is always working. 

(09-24-2018, 11:40 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why is no one talking about the awful ball Andy threw? That thing was a duck and was begging to be picked off.

Ross did stop on his route, but if Andy threw it to the post, where it should have been, then that ball would never have been intercepted. Its both of their faults.

(09-24-2018, 11:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If Dalton puts that ball in front of Ross its a huge play. The post is open.
Joe Goodberry would beg to differ with you. And no offense, but I trust his analysis and thoughts on this play more than yours. It was a bad ball. 

GoodberryVerified account @JoeGoodberry 9h9 hours ago
More

"How do you know that's the route he's supposed to run?"

Because the Bengals ran that play 3 times already this season and once earlier in today's game. Then I double checked it with other teams around the league to see how they run it.

It's a post route.

I have read the thread, listened to the podcast as well, and watched the video.   I'm siding with Weezy, not that anyone gives a shit.   It was so obviously supposed to be a post and Ross quit.  He likely quit because he is consistently used a decoy and every time they ran that play it was as a decoy. I mean from training camp on he was probably never thrown to on that route.  Dalton should have made sure pre-snap he was aware it wouldn't be.  Dalton made a bad throw thinking it was a seam.  If you want to rag on Ross for not being quick to adjust then note Dalton is horrible when unscripted and makes mistakes like throwing seams instead of post routes, or out of bounds, or takes sacks....
Reply/Quote
Also, it's a laughable the people declaring Ross is a bust when he's played 6 games. Chad Johnson had 28 catches his rookie year and was all over the place. I suppose they would have cut Jerry Rice as well. Talk to me at the end of next year about his long term potential. Right now it's just silly. Ross is a special talent and will get better as the year goes. Dalton isn't doing him any favors. In the meantime he is making AJ and Boyd perform much better by opening up space. NO way Boyd is doing this with Lafell in there.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 03:01 PM)yang Wrote: Also, it's a laughable the people declaring Ross is a bust when he's played 6 games.  Chad Johnson had 28 catches his rookie year and was all over the place.  I suppose they would have cut Jerry Rice as well.   Talk to me at the end of next year about his long term potential.   Right now it's just silly.   Ross is a special talent and will get better as the year goes.  Dalton isn't doing him any favors.  In the meantime he is making AJ and Boyd perform much better by opening up space.   NO way Boyd is doing this with Lafell in there.

How so.....by hitting him in the hands when he actually finishes a route?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 02:25 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: No doubt man.

"I'm out there bustin' my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!"

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Ross needs to get it together, i have always been a big Ross supporter but you just cannot quit on routes.

Doesn't matter how talented you are if you don't have the effort.

But this Defense needs to get better at stopping the run too big time. That was sad. Don't let McCaffrey run on you like that.

Nor Cam, you know the guy is going to run it in the Redzone, it is what he does.

We just had a terrible game plan while the Panthers had the perfect one for us. Coaching, we were outcoached.

Plus, you just cannot turn the ball over that many times and expect to win any game.

Amazing we were that close to still getting a win with that many turnovers.

Still have hope for our team making the playoffs and winning a game though, don't get me wrong.
Reply/Quote
Lol man this board cracks me up. I just can't believe we want to kill this kid's career already. He has been opening the field for our receivers SO much this year.

Yet nobody is mad at our star linebacker who has played 5,10,11,and 10 games in the last 4 years. And is again missing the first four for stupid mistakes. But nobody is mad at that guy for his incredible availability and disciplined play.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 04:21 PM)thillan Wrote: Lol man this board cracks me up. I just can't believe we want to kill this kid's career already. He has been opening the field for our receivers SO much this year.

Yet nobody is mad at our star linebacker who has played 5,10,11,and 10 games in the last 4 years. And is again missing the first four for stupid mistakes. But nobody is mad at that guy for his incredible availability and disciplined play.

Anyone that wants to kill Ross's career is nuts. I have been defending the guy for that last few years and want him to
be that breakout player that i know he can be. He just cannot quit on routes. He needs to watch what Boyd was doing
against the Panthers and not give up. Loved how Boyd just kept on running his routes and helping out Dalton.

This is something our Receivers have needed to do better for years. Help out the QB when the play breaks down.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 03:01 PM)yang Wrote: Also, it's a laughable the people declaring Ross is a bust when he's played 6 games.  Chad Johnson had 28 catches his rookie year and was all over the place.  I suppose they would have cut Jerry Rice as well.   Talk to me at the end of next year about his long term potential.   Right now it's just silly.   Ross is a special talent and will get better as the year goes.  Dalton isn't doing him any favors.  In the meantime he is making AJ and Boyd perform much better by opening up space.   NO way Boyd is doing this with Lafell in there.

Chad Johnson wasnt taken with the 9th overall pick. 

I get your point, but its a little different. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ross needs to get it together, i have always been a big Ross supporter but you just cannot quit on routes.

Doesn't matter how talented you are if you don't have the effort.

But this Defense needs to get better at stopping the run too big time. That was sad. Don't let McCaffrey run on you like that.

Nor Cam, you know the guy is going to run it in the Redzone, it is what he does.

We just had a terrible game plan while the Panthers had the perfect one for us. Coaching, we were outcoached.

Plus, you just cannot turn the ball over that many times and expect to win any game.

Amazing we were that close to still getting a win with that many turnovers.

Still have hope for our team making the playoffs and winning a game though, don't get me wrong.

Our line backers got exposed last week. We all knew that it could be a weakness, especially with Burfict out...and now Brown out. The Bengals linebackers with their injuries is the weakest part of this team imo. They were nowhere to be found in coverage and couldnt stop the run. Just bad.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Anyone that wants to kill Ross's career is nuts. I have been defending the guy for that last few years and want him to
be that breakout player that i know he can be. He just cannot quit on routes. He needs to watch what Boyd was doing
against the Panthers and not give up. Loved how Boyd just kept on running his routes and helping out Dalton.

This is something our Receivers have needed to do better for years. Help out the QB when the play breaks down.

The game is very fast for Ross right now. He's trying to get it together on where to line up, what routes to run, who to block and on and on. Understanding game situation, down and distance, plays breaking down and improvising is beyond his football awareness right now.

Will the game slow down for him ??
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 05:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The game is very fast for Ross right now. He's trying to get it together on where to line up, what routes to run, who to block and on and on. Understanding game situation, down and distance, plays breaking down and improvising is beyond his football awareness right now.

I believe he's actually done well at run blocking, no? At least that's what I've been hearing and seeing. Could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
Ross is a good prospect and I think he will be fine in the long run. It's hard for me to jump on a guy with very little experience and with little opportunity so far. For me he is the 5th best option on a team that is loaded with options on offense. All he he needs is one or two plays a game to make an impact for us.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 04:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Our line backers got exposed last week. We all knew that it could be a weakness, especially with Burfict out...and now Brown out. The Bengals linebackers with their injuries is the weakest part of this team imo. They were nowhere to be found in coverage and couldnt stop the run. Just bad.

It's pretty common knowledge that WR's tend take a while to develop and fantasy leagues always look for potential 3rd year breakouts.   Most of tis is common problems for young receivers.  I mention Chad because he and TJ had trouble early on adjusting to their reads and catching with their hands as opposed to their body.    It's great to put him in and let him learn.  The kid is going to end up being a great receiver and it's funny people are panicking.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 05:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The game is very fast for Ross right now. He's trying to get it together on where to line up, what routes to run, who to block and on and on. Understanding game situation, down and distance, plays breaking down and improvising is beyond his football awareness right now.

So, in other words, he is not real bright and can't grasp the playbook. Sounds like another pure talent, Jerome Simpson. No thanks. Been there, done that.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 04:21 PM)thillan Wrote: Lol man this board cracks me up. I just can't believe we want to kill this kid's career already. He has been opening the field for our receivers SO much this year.

Plenty of people are mad at Burfict. I’ve seen numerous people state they don’t even want him on the team, and wish the Oakland trade rumors had turned out to be true.

Me? I’ve seen enough of this defense without him (McCaffery running for almost 200 yds??) and I want him on the field in the worst way.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 02:57 PM)yang Wrote: I have read the thread, listened to the podcast as well, and watched the video.   I'm siding with Weezy, not that anyone gives a shit.   It was so obviously supposed to be a post and Ross quit.  He likely quit because he is consistently used a decoy and every time they ran that play it was as a decoy. I mean from training camp on he was probably never thrown to on that route.  Dalton should have made sure pre-snap he was aware it wouldn't be.  Dalton made a bad throw thinking it was a seam.  If you want to rag on Ross for not being quick to adjust then note Dalton is horrible when unscripted and makes mistakes like throwing seams instead of post routes, or out of bounds, or takes sacks....

Even if Dalton throws a post route it's not going to be completed. Ross, without even looking back at Dalton, stops running which would most likely cause the same result. I haven't seen anyone point it out yet but it definitely wasn't his first time quitting on a route during the game.

Earlier in the game Dalton hit someone (Eifert I think) on an out route for a first down. When they were showing the replay you could see Ross streaking down the sideline in the background and quitting on his route without looking back to check if the ball was coming his way. At the time I was actually thinking how lucky he was that Dalton didn't decide to throw it to him because of how everyone would be lighting him up with criticism. And then the play in the fourth quarter happens...

He can succeed, he just needs to take his head out of his ass and realize he is playing at the highest level which means he needs to bring his highest level of effort on every play.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 04:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Our line backers got exposed last week. We all knew that it could be a weakness, especially with Burfict out...and now Brown out. The Bengals linebackers with their injuries is the weakest part of this team imo. They were nowhere to be found in coverage and couldnt stop the run. Just bad.

Yeah, we need Burfict and Preston back obviously.

It should slow down for him, this happens with young players i just wish he would get it together sooner rather than later.

Still have very high hopes for the man, but there are no excuses for quitting on routes while the other WR is giving it all in
Boyd. Very impressed with Boyd and honestly didn't expect him to be THIS good. Great news while having a tough loss.

(09-25-2018, 05:49 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Ross is a good prospect and I think he will be fine in the long run. It's hard for me to jump on a guy with very little experience and with little opportunity so far. For me he is the 5th best option on a team that is loaded with options on offense. All he he needs is one or two plays a game to make an impact for us.

I agree, if teams act like some of the fans and think he is a none factor he will make them pay.

I just want him to make teams pay regardless if they even don't forget about him. Think this will happen eventually.

Just need patience but i guess after this game it is starting to wear thin with many understandably.

He was a top 10 pick in the first round. Need him to start showing up and making those big plays for us.

Next man up when a great player like AJ Green goes down.

(09-25-2018, 06:08 PM)yang Wrote: It's pretty common knowledge that WR's tend take a while to develop and fantasy leagues always look for potential 3rd year breakouts.   Most of tis is common problems for young receivers.  I mention Chad because he and TJ had trouble early on adjusting to their reads and catching with their hands as opposed to their body.    It's great to put him in and let him learn.  The kid is going to end up being a great receiver and it's funny people are panicking.  

True, pretty much every Receiver not named AJ Green and Julio Jones struggle early even if they are a top 10 pick.

Takes time and there are a lot of busts no matter where they are drafted.

Watching Doctson who i wanted is a tell tale sign. He hasn't done more than Boyd in his career so far...

(09-25-2018, 07:51 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: So, in other words, he is not real bright and can't grasp the playbook. Sounds like another pure talent, Jerome Simpson. No thanks. Been there, done that.

Just quit it. Cannot stand this type of talk, Ross is nothing like Jerome Simpson....

Completely different people in every way. Ross is a classy player and he is smart. Needs some time to gain confidence,
get the rawness out of his game and have the game slow down for him is all. Just a matter of time and i bet there will
be a lot of people on here eating a good helping of crow, including you Chezaugie.
Reply/Quote