Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham's prediction is IN
When does ol' Dave give his prediction on our 1st pick? Please save the "I wish he wouldn't leak the pick" talk. We have no control over that, and I don't think it's ever interfered in our draft process. Who actually knows if it's a "leak" anyway? Maybe the guy just knows the FO better than most?

I believe he got the Eifert pick right if I'm not mistaken? We were picking in the early 20's that year too which is harder to predict the later we draft (duh). I'm just interested in his pick as I usually am. Can't wait.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 09:21 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: When does ol' Dave give his prediction on our 1st pick? Please save the "I wish he wouldn't leak the pick" talk. We have no control over that, and I don't think it's ever interfered in our draft process. Who actually knows if it's a "leak" anyway? Maybe the guy just knows the FO better than most?

I believe he got the Eifert pick right if I'm not mistaken? We were picking in the early 20's that year too which is harder to predict the later we draft (duh). I'm just interested in his pick as I usually am. Can't wait.

he hasn't really settled on one yet. Just suggestions depending on which way the Bengals want to go

In Part One, Wilcots and Lapham discussed how free agency might have changed the Bengals' direction where they're scheduled to make their first selection with the 31st pick in the first round of the draft.

Part Two finds the discussion turning towards the positions and players the Bengals could look to fill or pick on the first night of the draft.
If the Bengals look to cornerback, standouts Sauce Gardner, Derek Stingley Jr., and Trent McDuffie are expected to be off the board by the 31st pick. However, Kaiir Elam, Andrew Booth, and Kyler Gordon might be available.

If not cornerback, maybe the Bengals look at safety with players like Dax Hill, Lewis Cine, and Jalen Pitre possible targets, or perhaps a move towards the offensive line with players like Tyler Smith (Tulsa), Zion Johnson (Boston College), Kenyon Green (Texas A&M), Bernhard Raimann (Central Michigan) and Iowa center Tyler Linderbaum who many compare to NFL standout Jason Kelce.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 09:21 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: When does ol' Dave give his prediction on our 1st pick? Please save the "I wish he wouldn't leak the pick" talk. We have no control over that, and I don't think it's ever interfered in our draft process. Who actually knows if it's a "leak" anyway? Maybe the guy just knows the FO better than most?

I was wondering about this as well. I think he not only got the Eifert pick right but I'm pretty sure he had the one the year before as well ( it might've been 2 years before). 

I would be interested in any insight at this point. I'm hoping for OL or a trade back. But I'll probably have to check who we got in the morning with our pick coming so late.
Reply/Quote
Bet he doesn't have the sources he use to have... hard to say though as the last two 1st round picks have been obvious.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
His prediction is a trade back from 31.

Said he'd run to the podium for Karlaftis if he's there. If he's not, he'd go Booth, then Elam.

Edited to add- Hoard's prediction is Booth, then Elam, then Linderbaum, then Gordon from Washington.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 08:05 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: His prediction is a trade back from 31.

Said he'd run to the podium for Karlaftis if he's there. If he's not, he'd go Booth, then Elam.

Edited to add- Hoard's prediction is Booth, then Elam, then Linderbaum, then Gordon from Washington.

Looks like Dave’s prediction matches mine from a few months ago. It makes too much sense with our “needs” and how most think the draft will fall.
Reply/Quote
I selfishly kind of hope they stay put as I don’t want to wait another day to find out who our first pick will be.

The 5th year option is always a plus, too.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 09:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I selfishly kind of hope they stay put as I don’t want to wait another day to find out who our first pick will be.

The 5th year option is always a plus, too.

Staying put is the right move. The 5th year option is way too valuable.
Reply/Quote
I'm not high on Karlaftis or Booth. 

With Karlaftis you have a supposed power end player who's going to be trying to use 16th percentile arm length to stab tackles and control reps. I don't see how his game translates to massive success in the pros. 

With Booth you have a history of tendinitis and a mysterious core muscle surgery at an inopportune time. They'd also be asking a guy who's sort of clunky in zone coverage to fit into a cover 3/cover 1 defense.
https://www.cover1.net/2022-nfl-draft-injury-impact-andrew-booth-jr/
I'd be wary of investing that much draft capital in him over Elam or one of the Washington boys. 

A trade down could be great. Maybe a top IDL or IOL player falls to them. 
Reply/Quote

Looks like he said Booth and if he’s not available then Elam.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/4/26/23043534/2022-bengals-draft-predictions-dave-lapham
Reply/Quote
It’s very difficult to predict what will happen in the draft.There’s always a few unexpected moves.Will the Bengals go BPA? If so,don’t be surprised if they take a WR at 31.
Reply/Quote
I'm for Linderbaum. Adding what could be the final piece to this OL rebuild while getting Burrow a center to consistently work with for years sounds pretty good to me. But after doing a lot of mock drafts in the build up to the draft adding a pick or two could really set us up for a stellar draft and so a trade back could be good. I'd be fine with the corners or a DT like Wyatt but Karlaftis worries me and would make me think of Margus Hunt.
Reply/Quote
Also just wanted to point out we might be in a really prime spot to trade back with the Lions picking 32 and could be in the market for a QB with that pick. So a few teams could be calling.
Reply/Quote
One key thing I think Lapham has done differently than previous years is he is saying who he'd pick, not necessarily who he thinks the Bengals will pick.

Regardless, he's leaning CB. Elam's the more realistic pick to be there at 31 being there over Booth.

I think Elam is a very fitting CB for the Bengals. He likes to play physical (perhaps too physical), and he has good size and speed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 10:29 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Also just wanted to point out we might be in a really prime spot to trade back with the Lions picking 32 and could be in the market for a QB with that pick. So a few teams could be calling.

Good point.  However, if the Lions desire one of the QBs they'll likely trade up with that in mind.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 09:53 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Staying put is the right move.  The 5th year option is way too valuable.

It is really impossible to say until the pick comes up and we see who is available.

But a big thing to consider is that we are no longer in rebuilding mode with holes all over our roster.  I used to be a big proponent of trading back.  Especially when we had a top ten pick and might get a lot back in return.  But picking at 31 with our current roster I'd generally be in favor of staying put.   

As I said before, it depends on who is available when we are on the clock and how much another team will offer. 
Reply/Quote
Picking as late as we do it is almost pointless to guess. You could list a "top 4" and they could all be gone before we even pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 10:03 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Looks like he said Booth and if he’s not available then Elam.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/4/26/23043534/2022-bengals-draft-predictions-dave-lapham

I'm shying away from Booth entirely now. With the reports of the injury concerns, I don't want to have any reminders of Og or Price (knowingly drafting a player in 1 that had an injury before even arriving)
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 11:59 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I'm shying away from Booth entirely now. With the reports of the injury concerns, I don't want to have any reminders of Og or Price (knowingly drafting a player in 1 that had an injury before even arriving)
I watched a video on twitter the other night i guess their are teams who took Evan Neal off their board because of some type of medical issue or something.....they did not tell what it was though but said multiple teams took him off of their board. Booth would be the same way for me just injury prone and to brittle.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 12:04 AM)pulses Wrote: I watched a video on twitter the other night i guess their are teams who took Evan Neal off their board because of some type of medical issue or something.....they did not tell what it was though but said multiple teams took him off of their board. Booth would be the same way for me just injury prone and to brittle.

As I mentioned to Hammer in another thread. Its 3T > S > iOL > CB for me. This draft has a good set of capable zone CBs in 2/3/4 while rarer to find that 3T. S only if Dax is available and iOL to complete the rebuild. I could get behind CB then Cam Jurgens though.
Reply/Quote