Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham's prediction is IN
(04-28-2022, 04:15 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I read about him and I think of him being another Billy Price.
In past drafts the Bengals had the luxury of drafting early where they could reasonably emphasize need, ie lots of equally talented players at their draft position.  Got to change the mindset at 31. Draft has to be best player on the board, regardless of position, obviously excepting QB.

One guy I’m wondering about is the punter Ariaiza out of San Diego State University, the best party school in America. Would the Bengals consider him at 95 or 127?

Price is not the same type of player Linderbaum is.
Linderbaum is far better at moving than Price.
Price also struggled a lot with getting off balance.
About the only thing Price was good at was being able to drive forward if he can get his hands on the defender.
Price also only had 1 year experience at C whereas Linderbaum has been a C his whole time at Iowa.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For the trade back guys we need quality over quantity we do not have a lot of holes to fill. We do need good players to fill those holes though. We are not rebuilding we just went to the Superbowl; we are not flipping a roster over.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 05:27 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: Are moderators able to change that title that are clickbait BS like this one? They are annoying and way too common.

The title is BS? Are you disagreeing that Lapham made his prediction or am I reading this wrong? Sorry if you're offended. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 06:13 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: The title is BS? Are you disagreeing that Lapham made his prediction or am I reading this wrong? Sorry if you're offended. 

Your thread title says the pick is in, then your post is simply asking when he makes his pick. The pick was not in when you posted therefore it was a bullshit title.
Nobody wants to read your stupid blogs or click on your referral links.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 05:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That wound be way too early.

95 is too soon, 127 maybe not. The kicking game is vital to the Bengals. A guy with Araiza’s leg is a weapon. Plus the Bengals draft kickers.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 08:38 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: 95 is too soon, 127 maybe not. The kicking game is vital to the Bengals. A guy with Araiza’s leg is a weapon. Plus the Bengals draft kickers.

Kicker is far more important than punter. Kicker can literally be your leading scorer. Look at McPherson in the playoffs. Anywhere before the 5th or 6th is too early for a punter.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 07:31 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: Your thread title says the pick is in, then your post is simply asking when he makes his pick. The pick was not in when you posted therefore it was a bullshit title.

I didn't make that the title. A mod must have changed it once the pick was actually in. Have a wonderful night though. Joe
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 05:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We have William's on bubble,  lack depth and still need a center,  totally realistic to take him .

we signed a Center. we do need better depth but you dont draft depth round 1
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 05:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We have William's on bubble,  lack depth and still need a center,  totally realistic to take him .

1) You don't take an OL in Rd 1 for depth if you have starters that are signed for multiple years. You'll likely end up wasting that rookie contract.
2) Williams is not on the bubble. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean the Bengals don't.
3) Bengals have said Karras is their starting C. It's unlikely they move Karras at this point. The only Centers I'd possibly move Karras to LG for are Parham or Jurgens.
4) I do agree with you about depth being poor though, which is why I do think a mid-round OL is coming that can play multiple spots. Personally, I like Spencer Burford in the mid-rounds and Nick Ford late. I think Burford can push off Prince/Adeniji and Ford can challenge Hill for the backup C spot.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 05:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Price is not the same type of player Linderbaum is.
Linderbaum is far better at moving than Price.
Price also struggled a lot with getting off balance.
About the only thing Price was good at was being able to drive forward if he can get his hands on the defender.
Price also only had 1 year experience at C whereas Linderbaum has been a C his whole time at Iowa.

Most experts had Price rated as a second round pick.

At the time I did not mind the "reach" too much because we were desperate for a Center.  I figured that even if Price did not become an All-Pro or Pro-Bowl player he would at least be a solid starter for a few years.Gaah

Pretty much everyone has Linderbaum as a mid-first round pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 10:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Most experts had Price rated as a second round pick.

At the time I did not mind the "reach" too much because we were desperate for a Center.  I figured that even if Price did not become an All-Pro or Pro-Bowl player he would at least be a solid starter for a few years.

Pretty much everyone has Linderbaum as a mid-first round pick.

Yep agreed.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 05:27 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: Are moderators able to change that title that are clickbait BS like this one? They are annoying and way too common.

Fun Fact: A moderator actually changed the title. The OP's title asked the question and then a mod changed it once Laps made the pick.

As to the matter at hand. It appears Laps has lost his "insider" status when it comes to draft picks.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 05:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ace’s breakdowns are terrible (and I like Ace). He thought Chase had bad tape coming out. LOL

He wanted Sewell lol
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:06 PM)Tony Wrote: He wanted Sewell lol

Which was fine, and totally understandable, but his breakdown of Chase’s tape was laughably bad. But tbf some of it was whoever the hell the guy he had on with him.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 03:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Which was fine, and totally understandable, but his breakdown of Chase’s tape was laughably bad. But tbf some of it was whoever the hell the guy he had on with him.

All I know is they call him coach... 
Reply/Quote