Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lapham said AJ looked 'unbelievable' in Pregame Workouts
(12-09-2019, 05:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You keep saying but you’re wrong. A team absolutely will take a chance on him.

Sure, someone will sign him, but it will be for peanuts.  What is the best free agent deal in NFL history for a 32 year old player who has missed 25 straight games?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 05:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sure, someone will sign him, but it will be for peanuts.  What is the best free agent deal in NFL history for a 32 year old player who has missed 25 straight games?

He won’t sign anywhere for peanuts. Hell, we’d probably at least give him like 10 million for 3 years or something along those lines.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 02:56 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I sincerely hope both Andy and AJ find new places to play next season. Best for all involved.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 05:11 PM)RASCAL Wrote: he's forgotten more about football then you or anyone on this board will ever know!!! GET OVER IT!!!

Cool... He still talks too much.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 06:22 PM)jason Wrote: Cool... He still talks too much.

Well, it’s kind of his job so...

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 06:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, it’s kind of his job so...

This smells like pot stirring though... Kinda like the thing with Gresham years ago.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 05:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You keep saying but you’re wrong. A team absolutely will take a chance on him.

1000% correct

AJ's career doesn't need another game on tape for a team to decide if he's worth a shot. They can find all that out with physical and workouts. 
Reply/Quote
I hope AJ wants to stay and we can draft Burrow. Burrow having a vet WR the caliber of AJ to start his NFL career with sounds good to me.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 02:29 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The HC and GM/ owner have no control as far as "letting him" sit out . That is on a player who has missed nearly a full season while drawing nearly a million a game because he had a sprained ankle.

He had surgery and it was the same type of injury that kept Marvin Jones out for an entire season.

Besides, this coach and owner aren't worth getting injured over. Neither knows how to win or lead and both basically suck horribly at their jobs. Why risk it for these turds?

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 06:52 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I hope AJ wants to stay and we can draft Burrow. Burrow having a vet WR the caliber of AJ to start his NFL career with sounds good to me.

Having both AJ and Boyd would be huge for a rookie QB.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 05:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sure, someone will sign him, but it will be for peanuts.  What is the best free agent deal in NFL history for a 32 year old player who has missed 25 straight games?

I bet fred we will offer him a pretty good deal considering is availability over the last 3 years
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 03:22 PM)jason Wrote: I think Lapham talks too much.

He reminds me of this guy every time I hear and see him talk.  The ol' Dauber.

[Image: th?id=OIP.pE6rdBGwgWOdipW9dAEcTgAAAA&pid...=300&h=300][Image: th?id=OIP.3GwY5Lzagc5-owKePQO46wHaE8&pid...=226&h=151]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I have no problem with it, I have a problem with the people who think AJ green isn't lying.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 06:22 PM)jason Wrote: Cool... He still talks too much.

why? because you say so??? 

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sure the NFL has some sort of defense against players who refuse to play and still want to get paid.

Isn't that what guaranteed money is about? If you don't play due to injury you only get the guaranteed money. So AJ's salary is about $15 million but as he is sitting out he'll only get half of that (he is guaranteed 7-8 million of the 15 a year when you add in the signing bonus). I could be wrong though -- I honestly don't know much about this stuff.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 06:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: He had surgery and it was the same type of injury that kept Marvin Jones out for an entire season.

Besides, this coach and owner aren't worth getting injured over. Neither knows how to win or lead and both basically suck horribly at their jobs. Why risk it for these turds?

Then don't sign the contract in the first place. He re-upped knowing exactly what this franchise was. 
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 06:52 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I hope AJ wants to stay and we can draft Burrow. Burrow having a vet WR the caliber of AJ to start his NFL career with sounds good to me.

Not to me. I have a strong gut feeling he is milking it. Not exactly the guy who is a team player.

(12-09-2019, 06:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: He had surgery and it was the same type of injury that kept Marvin Jones out for an entire season.

BS! If AJ is faking it, then he is another reason the team is failing. Dude isn't earning his money. He's good to go but just doesn't want to because he thinks he's more important than the team. He talked a lot of shit when Dalton got benched about how great he was and how things would be different if he was playing. He's trying to put the "I" in team and it doesnt fit.

(12-09-2019, 07:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I have no problem with it, I have a problem with the people who think AJ green isn't lying.

Agree. 

(12-09-2019, 10:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He wont play. Too much "self" to worry about. He needs to go.

Reply/Quote
Can the Bengals slap the franchise tag on AJ? If so, I think the that's what the front office might do, or offer him a fat new contract. I don't AJ is going anywhere, but would be nice to see him play this year though.
Reply/Quote