Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lapham said AJ looked 'unbelievable' in Pregame Workouts
(12-09-2019, 10:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not to me. I have a strong gut feeling he is milking it. Not exactly the guy who is a team player.

BS! If AJ is faking it, then he is another reason the team is failing. Dude isn't earning his money. He's good to go but just doesn't want to because he thinks he's more important than the team. He talked a lot of shit when Dalton got benched about how great he was and how things would be different if he was playing. He's trying to put the "I" in team and it doesnt fit.

Agree. 

He wont play. Too much "self" to worry about. He needs to go.

Even IF he did want to come back...at some point the team needs to have standards and keep guys who actually can play in games.

He's missed something like 24 games IF he doesn't return this year...making it through what 1 practice over that span?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 10:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even IF he did want to come back...at some point the team needs to have standards and keep guys who actually can play in games.

He's missed something like 24 games IF he doesn't return this year...making it through what 1 practice over that span?

Not sure. However one thing I am (almost) sure of is that he’s quit on the team.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not sure. However one thing I am (almost) sure of is that he’s quit on the team.

Yes - And teams with standards get rid of those guys.

He's 32 also. It's not like he's going to be healthier as time goes on.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes - And teams with standards get rid of those guys.

He's 32 also. It's not like he's going to be healthier as time goes on.

What really sucks about all of this is that we lose him for nothing when we could have moved him at the deadline for something. 

This team just can not get out of it's own way.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What really sucks about all of this is that we lose him for nothing when we could have moved him at the deadline for something. 

We basically wasted his entire career here too. Guys like AJ and Geno. Wasted.

Model Model - Wasted.

Mixon - Wasted.

This team is a shell of it's 2015 self. Torn apart in free agency. Kept bad by poor drafting. Then they hired an inept coaching staff to finish it off.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We basically wasted his entire career here too. Guys like AJ and Geno. Wasted.

Model Model - Wasted.

Mixon - Wasted.

This team is a shell of it's 2015 self. Torn apart in free agency. Kept bad by poor drafting. Then they hired an inept coaching staff to finish it off.

Wait till after this draft is done, and A.J. is gone and Hopkins and anyone else who can run for the hills, plus Dalton getting dealt after the inevitable first pick....

Going to be a really really long couple years again round here.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 02:03 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wait till after this draft is done, and A.J. is gone and Hopkins and anyone else who can run for the hills, plus Dalton getting dealt after the inevitable first pick....

Going to be a really really long couple decades again round here.

Fixed.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What really sucks about all of this is that we lose him for nothing when we could have moved him at the deadline for something. 

I believe the plan is to extend AJ here one way or another. Like you point out, we could've got something for him at the deadline, but held onto him . Why? I can't see the the front office letting him walk for nothing or for late round comp. picks.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:23 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote:  Like you point out, we could've got something for him at the deadline, but held onto him . Why?

We could not have traded him because he would not have been able to pass a physical.

Besides, what were teams offering for a 32 year old WR who could not even play?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We could not have traded him because he would not have been able to pass a physical.

Besides, what were teams offering for a 32 year old WR who could not even play?

What's the rule on trading injured players? Can a trade go through if the team receiving the injured player agrees to it? The reason I asked this is because a lot of pundits on the NFL network. ESPN, etc. said AJ should've been traded at the deadline and a lot of folks on the board were upset that he wasn't moved.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 02:08 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: What's the rule on trading injured players? Can a trade go through if the team receiving the injured player agrees to it? The reason I asked this is because a lot of pundits on the NFL network. ESPN, etc. said AJ should've been traded at the deadline and a lot of folks on the board were upset that he wasn't moved.

What were we offered?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 02:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What were we offered?

I'm not sure anything was offered for him, or if the Bengals were listening to offers. There was "talk" that a few teams were interested in him, including the Patriots. Maybe at the time of the deadline, those teams thought that "IF" AJ could get healthy he could be a valuable asset down the stretch. Sure looks like New England could use a "Healthy" AJ Green right about now.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 02:31 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I'm not sure anything was offered for him, or if the Bengals were listening to offers. There was "talk" that a few teams were interested in him, including the Patriots. Maybe at the time of the deadline, those teams thought that "IF" AJ could get healthy he could be a valuable asset down the stretch. Sure looks like New England could use a "Healthy" AJ Green right about now.

The Forty-niners were also supposed to be interested.  But I never heard what we were offered.

I don't th8ni it would have mattered because Green could not have passed a physical.  No team is going to trade for damaged goods.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 11:27 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Fixed.

True, I was trying to be hopeful.... 

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:23 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I believe the plan is to extend AJ here one way or another. Like you point out, we could've got something for him at the deadline, but held onto him . Why? I can't see the the front office letting him walk for nothing or for late round comp. picks.

Mikey loves those Comp picks though......

I just hope they don't franchise him and have this ugly ending like it was with Palmer. I just get the feeling Green has checked out and he and Dalton both will be elsewhere next year.

Reply/Quote
He's not gonna play until we trade him. We've wasted his career and he's had enough. Can't blame him, Andy Dalton and Mike Brown. What a disaster.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 07:11 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: He's not gonna play until we trade him. We've wasted his career and he's had enough. Can't blame him, Andy Dalton and Mike Brown. What a disaster.

pay me $10+ mil\year for 10 years.. I'll gladly call it a waste of my career, could it have been better? Yes, but also could have been worse (IE injured and out of the game and unable to make that kinda money).
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 07:11 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: He's not gonna play until we trade him. We've wasted his career and he's had enough. Can't blame him, Andy Dalton and Mike Brown. What a disaster.

Literally no one with any information on the topic has made that statement. I remember reading posts in 2014 when he was injured that he was sick of this and that, and was going to leave. How did those posters no that? Long answer; they read his body language on the sidelines. Short answer; they didn't know what the hell they were talking about.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Green could not have passed a physical. 

You got any proof of that? Any at all?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 09:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You got any proof of that? Any at all?

Yeah the dumb azz FO could have gotten five first rounders ,six second rounders and the other teams owner's first born for our 32 year old WR who hadn't played a game in a year
Reply/Quote