Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lapham said AJ looked 'unbelievable' in Pregame Workouts
(12-09-2019, 03:22 PM)jason Wrote: I think Lapham talks too much.

Maybe Lap was asked to say that to keep the AJ hype alive going into offseason to keep trade value up on his perpetually injured butt? 
Think about it...what real trade value is he worth at this point as he cant seem to ever get in a few games at a time and then hes out again. He was great but its time to move on.
Reply/Quote
I remember when people acted like I was out of my mind by saying Green was going to miss at least 8 games and maybe even the whole season if we're doing bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Its obvious he has no desire to play which is fine, keep tanking please and secure that top pick!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 09:35 AM)corpjet Wrote: Its obvious he has no desire to play

No.  It is not obvious at all.  People are just saying this because we are losing.  If we had all of the exact same facts except the bengals were winning then NO ONE would be claiming that Green "has no desire to play".

So you all need to just stop making stuff up in your heads and claiming it is true.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 01:25 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I remember when people acted like I was out of my mind by saying Green was going to miss at least 8 games and maybe even the whole season if we're doing bad.

Me too. I was called all sorts of nasty names on Bengal Facebook pages. Weird thing was, it didn't seem like an outlandish prediction. I simply based it on Medical reports that stated, "If there’s too much separation between your tibia and fibula, for example, your doctor may recommend corrective surgery. In that case, you’ll have to wear a cast or a boot for around three months while you recover, then return to physical therapy. "
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 09:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You got any proof of that? Any at all?

If he could pass, then why isn't he on the field here?
Reply/Quote
I feel like the optimistic narrative on AJ has gone from "The injury is no big deal...he will be back on the field for the Bills or Steeelers game at the very latest!" to "He wants to be here and wants to play...he's just so injured he's going to miss the entire season."
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 12:29 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If he could pass, then why isn't he on the field here?

Does this really need to be explained to you? 
Reply/Quote
When I think of ankle injuries I always harken back to kicking my car's door over getting my water shut off by the city after I paid the bill.. I couldn't work for about a month after that.. Damned that hurt plus I wasn't paid the entire time. Of course I wasn't a multi millionaire at the time and still ain't.. But as soon as I become a brazilianaire I'll buy the team and make each and everyone of yous rotating head coaches.  ThumbsUp (Not of the bengals of course..I'll establish a pro tidlywink circuit and you can coach up and coming tidlywink players. Just imagine having pro didlywink HC on your resumes!)  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 11:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  It is not obvious at all.  People are just saying this because we are losing.  If we had all of the exact same facts except the bengals were winning then NO ONE would be claiming that Green "has no desire to play".

So you all need to just stop making stuff up in your heads and claiming it is true.

As far back as the second Steelers game they showed him on the pre-games working out doing cones and then can't go in and  be an occasional threat that the other team would have to game plan for? He has TOTALLY QUIT on this team. I know a guy that was critically injured in a car wreck who didn't missed as much work as AJ has.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 11:04 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: As far back as the second Steelers game they showed him on the pre-games working out doing cones and then can't go in and  be an occasional threat that the other team would have to game plan for? He has TOTALLY QUIT on this team. I know a guy that was critically injured in a car wreck who didn't missed as much work as AJ has.

Does the guy you know have a job where 200+ lb men are trying to physically dominate him?

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 01:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I feel like the optimistic narrative on AJ has gone from "The injury is no big deal...he will be back on the field for the Bills or Steeelers game at the very latest!" to "He wants to be here and wants to play...he's just so injured he's going to miss the entire season."

Yeah...the optimistic narrative is he's missed 24 games in a row and made it through what 1 practice. Franchise tag him!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 11:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Does the guy you know have a job where 200+ lb men are trying to physically dominate him?

If he does he's one lucky guy!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 11:04 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: As far back as the second Steelers game they showed him on the pre-games working out doing cones and then can't go in and  be an occasional threat that the other team would have to game plan for? He has TOTALLY QUIT on this team. I know a guy that was critically injured in a car wreck who didn't missed as much work as AJ has.

Cone drills are very common for players rehabbing who still can't play.

The fact that you believe cone drills = playing in an NFL game proves how little you know about the game.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 01:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I feel like the optimistic narrative on AJ has gone from "The injury is no big deal...he will be back on the field for the Bills or Steeelers game at the very latest!" to "He wants to be here and wants to play...he's just so injured he's going to miss the entire season."

Correct.  And the negative narrative has gone from "OH no my favoriteplayer has a serious injury that could keep himout for months." to "AJ is a spoiled millionaire who has quit on the team because he hates all of us fans."
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 12:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If he does he's one lucky guy!

https://youtu.be/T3uJ4R0HBDg

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 12:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Correct.  And the negative narrative has gone from "OH no my favoriteplayer has a serious injury that could keep himout for months." to "AJ is a spoiled millionaire who has quit on the team because he hates all of us fans."

I really don't give two shits if he's injured or not anymore. This team needs players on the field. And no matter what I believe about his current injuries, I can prove without a doubt he can't stay on the field. He's become an unproductive financial drain on a team that has huge needs beyond him. Time to move on to younger healthier guys.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 05:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You keep saying but you’re wrong. A team absolutely will take a chance on him.

Absolutely and it's not even a risk. AJ will have an entire year off from the wear and tear...Not a team in the NFL he has to prove shit to.......Even at his worst with games he seemed very disinterested in along, with a QB many teams who left him out to dry and even with his drops he was still a top 10 WR...He'll be re-energized and healthy and in the prime of his career..
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 11:10 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Absolutely and it's not even a risk. AJ will have an entire year off from the wear and tear...Not a team in the NFL he has to prove shit to.......Even at his worst with games he seemed very disinterested in along, with a QB many teams who left him out to dry and even with his drops he was still a top 10 WR...He'll be re-energized and healthy and in the prime of his career..

I could pull the data but just trust me that there is more than enough to show that 32 is not the prime of your career in the NFL. It is significantly on the down side slope.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 12:02 PM)R3stangs Wrote: I could pull the data but just trust me that there is more than enough to show that 32 is not the prime of your career in the NFL. It is significantly on the down side slope.

A 32 year old WR won SB MVP last year...

Reply/Quote