Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham says team is discussing signing Warford
(06-17-2020, 11:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sucks Price hasn't worked out... but we should be in a good position to draft Creed Humphrey next year. So I'm kinda glad he stayed for his Sr season. Cause we wouldn't have gotten him this year.

Not to veer completely off topic, but speaking of next year's draft.  It could be quite interesting, especially if CFB doesn't hold a full, traditional season.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 08:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to veer completely off topic, but speaking of next year's draft.  It could be quite interesting, especially if CFB doesn't hold a full, traditional season.  

Yep

This season didn't just get a monkey wrench thrown in. It got the whole tool box.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 09:32 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

This season didn't just get a monkey wrench thrown in. It got the whole tool box.

Yes.  This is like the tool chest which came down the stairs in Home Alone 2. 

From what I can prognosticate I think all team sports, college and professional, will be canceled at least through 2020-2021 and maybe longer. This gives the Bengals ample time to sign Larry Warford which I think is a good idea but once all the free agents are integrated into the team the NFL writ large is going to be faced with a novel problem, one never faced before:

Two rookie classes will have their first season at the same time.

It's true.  Assuming there will be no football in 2020-2021, Joe Burrow, Tee Higgins, and whomever the Bengals draft next spring will have a combined rookie season. 
Reply/Quote
Stop it already, we are going to have a 2020 football season..... may not be fans in the stands (probably will be) but they will play the games on tv.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 10:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Stop it already, we are going to have a 2020 football season..... may not be fans in the stands (probably will be) but they will play the games on tv.

Should be on TV as least, but it can change if a team or 2 gets hit with the virus and losses a significant amount of starters. 
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 09:42 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes.  This is like the tool chest which came down the stairs in Home Alone 2. 

From what I can prognosticate I think all team sports, college and professional, will be canceled at least through 2020-2021 and maybe longer. This gives the Bengals ample time to sign Larry Warford which I think is a good idea but once all the free agents are integrated into the team the NFL writ large is going to be faced with a novel problem, one never faced before:

Two rookie classes will have their first season at the same time.

It's true.  Assuming there will be no football in 2020-2021, Joe Burrow, Tee Higgins, and whomever the Bengals draft next spring will have a combined rookie season. 

There is at least a realistic chance the 2020 season might not happen, depending on what happens when TC starts. 

But there is no way in hell 2021 seasons will not happen, so, for crying out loud, kindly stop saying that.  The NBA, the NHL and professional tennis is about to make a liar out of you and NASCAR, soccer leagues all over the world and professional golf has already done so.

So please just stop already.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 08:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to veer completely off topic, but speaking of next year's draft.  It could be quite interesting, especially if CFB doesn't hold a full, traditional season.  

I agree. 
Make for a super sucky draft. Would have to rely heavily upon combine and previous years tape, which could hurt alot of players cause they didn't get a chance to show improvement. 

NFL will have to make a roster exemption of some kind, just like expanded Practice Squads for this year.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 10:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Stop it already, we are going to have a 2020 football season..... may not be fans in the stands (probably will be) but they will play the games on tv.

Thank you, sick of hearing about us not having a season.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 11:07 AM)McC Wrote: There is at least a realistic chance the 2020 season might not happen, depending on what happens when TC starts. 

But there is no way in hell 2021 seasons will not happen, so, for crying out loud, kindly stop saying that.  The NBA, the NHL and professional tennis is about to make a liar out of you and NASCAR, soccer leagues all over the world and professional golf has already done so.

So please just stop already.

I think there's a chance with no fans or some kind of limited set up with distancing ? But it all depends on what happens over next couple months/TC as far as players, coaches, trainers etc. testing positive.

Just what two days ago Zeke tested + and I heard another player today, forget who ?
Reply/Quote
While I hope there is a season AND plans are certainly in motion for one, this thing still could go sideways pretty quick. Things could look a lot better (or worse) on the COVID front come September. Probably better some places & worse others.

I am pretty pessimistic about fans. Outside venues are better than inside ones, but it is still pretty close quarters with a lot of shouting & yelling.

I think they will try like hell to make it happen, but a bubble like the NBA (NHL?) are going to use for the POs will not work.
Reply/Quote